Everyone, let me ask, my phone drops about 20% after being left overnight without using it. Is it a faulty battery? I am using iphone xs max
    08-06-20 10:24 PM
    You might get an answer here, but are likely to get a better answer, more quickly, at out sister site: https://forums.imore.com/iphone-xs-max/

The credentials you created here will worth at iMore as well.
    08-07-20 06:17 AM
    Just look in setting under Battery....

Check the usage by hour to see what's going on.

I'd reboot, and see if that fixes is. Or uninstall and reinstall the offending app.

Also check and make sure your Battery Health is ok.
    08-07-20 11:41 AM
    Yikes, that’s not good at all! Typically my 11 Pro Max loses maybe 1-2% over a few hours of sitting, as it is right now I took it off charge about 50mins ago and it’s still on 100%.

Maybe check your Battery Health as advised by Dunt Dunt Dunt, your battery may need replacing OR there is something plundering away at it, do you have Listen for “Hey Siri” turned on?

Also check Battery stats to see if it is a particular app.
    08-09-20 04:47 AM
    Battery size is the biggest negative I've seen with the new iPhone 12 (looking for my wife to replace her 7). But they are talking about the A14 Processor big a BIG upgrade, and with 5nm manufacturing, might allow for the smaller battery and still day+ usage.
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-12-20 08:36 AM
    Battery size is the biggest negative I've seen with the new iPhone 12 (looking for my wife to replace her 7). But they are talking about the A14 Processor big a BIG upgrade, and with 5nm manufacturing, might allow for the smaller battery and still day+ usage.
    I was thinking the same thing and looking to replace my brothers aging iPhone 7 and I am looking to downsize from my current iPhone 11 Pro to the new SE model which for the money is a nice device under $400 US.
    08-24-20 04:20 PM
    I was thinking the same thing and looking to replace my brothers aging iPhone 7 and I am looking to downsize from my current iPhone 11 Pro to the new SE model which for the money is a nice device under $400 US.
    Be very careful with the SE, lol, it’s going to be quite a downgrade on battery life coming from a iPhone 11 Pro .
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-20 05:42 PM
    Be very careful with the SE, lol, it’s going to be quite a downgrade on battery life coming from a iPhone 11 Pro .
    Besides the fact that the SE 2020 is basically an iPhone 8 with a slightly better processor and camera. It's the same overall design and display as the 6 from 2014 lol (and the same measly 1820mAh battery)
    And with the new iPhone 12's just around the corner with supposedly a compact model and those flat edges (iPhone 5S style), spending $400 for a refreshed iPhone 8 is about the very last thing I'd do.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    09-05-20 09:19 PM
    Besides the fact that the SE 2020 is basically an iPhone 8 with a slightly better processor and camera. It's the same overall design and display as the 6 from 2014 lol (and the same measly 1820mAh battery)
    And with the new iPhone 12's just around the corner with supposedly a compact model and those flat edges (iPhone 5S style), spending $400 for a refreshed iPhone 8 is about the very last thing I'd do.
    Good tip, maybe we should exchange numbers so I can reach out to you for advise
    09-06-20 11:36 AM
    Hello everyone,

I know the question was posted last year, but maybe my answer can still help.

I have now an Iphone 8 Plus and before I had an Iphone 5s which had problems with the battery. I too had battery problems. after 3-4 years of using the 5s phone I got to the point where I couldn't use the software anymore and that's when the problems started. The problem was that I didn't have so much memory on it and because of that I had no room for the new Ios updates. The battery percentage was dropping even without using the phone very suddenly. On me it worked for a short period of a few months to always have on battery saver mode and the percentage wasn't dropping so fast. Maybe you can try to activate the battery saver mode and maybe you succeed. Or some restart on the phone. Maybe turn it off and leave it charged and see how it is the next day. I know that the iphone battery drops suddenly if it is cold.

I hope I managed to help in some way
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-29-21 08:02 AM