I don't understand why there is always a big problem with people complaining about the iPhones battery... I have mine for Tmobile (Yeah I know, I know its 2G not 3G im using) but the battery can last me for more than a day if I need it to... and I text ALOT and use the apps... what I have noticed that does kill the battery is if I use safari... other than that, using apps, beejive,facebook, and texting... the battery lasts me for more than 24 hours.
    04-14-09 12:44 PM
    Same here. My battery life is great. I get about 5.5hrs of usage before it hits 10%. That's with 3g and wifi on at all times, everything else turned off. I'm a pretty heavy user, and I can get out at least a day before I have to charge. On days with lighter usage, I can charge almost every two days.

My Bold is better at handling actual usage. I can be on the phone all day, and the battery will still last. Usage wise, it's better than the iPhone. But the standby time on the Bold sucks. Even if VERY light usage, I still haven't been able to get past more than 36hrs before charging. It just doesn't standby very well. While the iPhone isn't as great at handling usage, it's standby time more than makes up for it. I have no complaints at all
    04-14-09 03:41 PM
    I can get at most 7 hours on a full charge with 3G, WiFi, texting, and constant web browsing.
    04-14-09 06:04 PM
    I can get through an entire day. Turn down the brightness, use wi-fi when available, etc. Web surfing eats battery life. 2.2 OS upgrade plus ATT finally rolling full 3G coverage out in the DC/Baltimore metro area (they said it was done @ 3G iPhone launch but as usual, they lied - heard that straight from the VP of MD operations face to face) did wonders for battery life. It's not as good as my old 8310 curve. However, the Curve was EDGE only, no wi-fi, much smaller & lower resolution screen so it could easily stretch 1.5 to 2 days wailing on it no problem. And no comparison on the screens or surfing experience!
    04-14-09 06:47 PM
    Yeah when I had my Curve 8320 it would last me like 2-3 days if I needed it too... that phone was awesome
    04-14-09 07:55 PM
    Yeah when I had my Curve 8320 it would last me like 2-3 days if I needed it too... that phone was awesome
    I could get 2-3 days too if I had only Edge on and everything else off.
    04-15-09 12:57 AM
    sheesh.. I'm lucky if i Pull 6 hours with the 3G.
    Idk what i'm doing wrong? lol
    04-15-09 01:00 AM
    I have 3 push accounts, one of them is my work exchange account where I get over 200 emails a day.. calls, full 3G all day long, with streaming music to my car stereo to/from work/home every day and I get a full day's life

I've learned to carry around my USB cable with me though.. I'm usually someplace where I can charge it if needbe.
    04-15-09 01:20 PM
    I even have this program called backgrounder which lets me run beejive in the background so I guess that would count as having the program open. I downloaded it via Cydia its pretty cool, solves the whole "push" dilemma.
    04-16-09 09:50 AM
    sheesh.. I'm lucky if i Pull 6 hours with the 3G.
    Idk what i'm doing wrong? lol
    I have my brightness about 1/4 of the way. Safari is what really kills the battery. and I guess if you are only gunna text, you might as well turn 3G off until you need to us it... that what I do with Wifi
    04-16-09 09:51 AM
    Mine has really good battery life too for the most part. I always have 3G on and I spend a lot of time browsing apps and texting. But like someone else said, Safari is really what drains my battery. I don't talk on the phone much, though.
    04-16-09 09:47 PM
    iphones suck.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........NOT. they are as awsome as blackberries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-17-09 08:25 AM
    Hey i checked that out and nothing there runs at interals in fact on the iPhone 3rd party apps aren't able to run in to the background at all
    04-18-09 04:38 AM
    Hey i checked that out and nothing there runs at interals in fact on the iPhone 3rd party apps aren't able to run in to the background at all
    I run beejive in the background all the time.
    04-18-09 05:49 AM
    I just bought an iPhone and I dont have any major complaints about the battery.
    04-18-09 11:47 AM
    You downloaded the program called Backgrounder? It works for me, I don't have to open the program to get an IM. I can have the phone locked and it will vibrate and make the AIM receive sound exactly like my BB would..
    04-18-09 01:07 PM
    Shouldn't have to sacrifice brightness to extend the battery life.

Apple simply needs to give it a better battery that can handle heavy usage.

When this happens, I'll probably be back.
    04-18-09 05:44 PM
    My battery life is awesome. I can get through an entire day with VERY HEAVY usage. Full brightness, push every 15 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 11:40 AM
    It's because it is being compared to the Blackberry. Most people do this. If they didn't, they would realize the iPhone battery isn't bad at all.

On the iPhone:
    Screen is bigger and brighter
    Consistently using data
    Power hungry apps

And all of those contribute to a lower battery life. I'm always around a charger, so it's not the big of a deal.
    04-19-09 02:09 PM
    Battery life not as big issue if you could replace the darned thing. Everyone uses their phones differently. I need to be reachable during work hours and, clients don't accept a dead battery as an excuse. Some of us can't be tethered to a socket to charge our phones all day. I still don't understand Cupertino's rationale for this.

04-20-09 06:06 PM
    i need to charge mine half way through the day
    04-22-09 12:26 AM
    push every 15 minutes.

You mean fetch, push comes immediately or darn near close.
    04-22-09 12:21 PM
    Where do you get backround or w/e. The program that keeps beejuve and stuff running in the backround?!
    04-22-09 02:56 PM
    Gotta jailbreak your iPhone.. then open Cydia (jailbroken appstore), then search for backgrounder
    04-22-09 03:11 PM
    Ah okie, heard jailbreakng was a pain
    04-22-09 03:24 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD