It has to be an app or 3.1 as my battery life was not like this on 3.0 and without any apps.

For those with good battery life, what apps do you have installed.

I don't think it's my beejive as it was bad without it (just re-added after update).

Right now I have:

BeejiveIM
    AT&T Navigator
    Google Mobile App
    Ap News
    twittelator pro
    simplytweet (beta with push)
    chase
    mywireless
    animoto
    save benjis
    tipstar
    billminder
    Tumblr
    wordpress
    Photobucket
    myspace
    facebook
    shazam
    YouMail

Posted from my iPhone at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 07:26 PM
    I have great battery life. I am running 3.0.

BeeJive
    Pandora
    MLB At Bat 2009
    TWC
    Sportacular
    NYTimes
    Remote
    Air Sharing
    DMB
    Google
    Google Earth
    i.TV
    WhitePages
    Wikipanion
    AT&T myWireless

I just removed a few but I still had great battery life before that.
    07-12-09 07:55 PM
    It's most likely 3.1. I've had no battery problems on 3.0 and I noticed my iPod touch on 3.1 being a little stubborn when it came to the battery.
    07-12-09 08:13 PM
    I was thinking that. I don't remember issues on 3.0.

I had a crap load more apps.
    07-12-09 08:54 PM
    Definitely 3.1 then. Hopefully they make note of that and fix the battery issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 09:11 PM
    Mine was horrible at first, but it has been getting better after a few discharge-recharge cycles
    07-13-09 12:49 AM
    My battery isn't that bad- very similar to the 3G.

But I'm pretty a n a l about battery life management.

I have my screen set to 10% brightness-

3G is turned off unless I need it-

WiFi as well-

No Push E-Mail-

Stuff like that.

Right now its 4:13 PM and Im sitting at 66%
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 07-13-09 at 03:13 PM.
    07-13-09 02:49 PM
    Decided to do a little test to see if it wasn't just 3.1. Took it off the charger at 8:30 am. Watched all the UFC 100 fights on YouTube (not full fights), over an hour of Safari use, streamed Pandora for about 30min, sent/received about 200 texts and some IMs and a couple emails and it's 5:19pm and I have 60% battery. 3G on the whole time and no WiFi or bluetooth. Only spent about 30min on a phone call also.

If 3.1 is still that bad with battery by the time it comes out I probably wont upgrade.
    07-13-09 04:22 PM
    Since the baseband was updated, I'm wondering if that's going to effect my battery life as well as it doesn't go back down if I go to 3.0
    07-13-09 04:50 PM
    i didnt think that downgrading the os would downgrade the baseband...
    07-13-09 10:09 PM
    I can't even d/grade. It won't allow me even after going in to DFU mode.
    07-14-09 01:14 AM
    I can't even d/grade. It won't allow me even after going in to DFU mode.
    Wow that really sucks. Hopefully the issue is resolved quickly then. Has there been any other reports about 3.1 killing the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 10:40 AM
    3.1 beta 2 was just released, perhaps it addresses some battery issues. I haven't had a chance to install yet.
    07-14-09 06:29 PM
    I never found the battery to be good in the first place. Usually have to charge twice a day :/
    3.1 came out already, oh god. What exactly does it fix/upgrade/add?
    07-14-09 08:13 PM
    I never found the battery to be good in the first place. Usually have to charge twice a day :/
    3.1 came out already, oh god. What exactly does it fix/upgrade/add?
    It better fix Apple's inane insistence that you are always connected to mobileme via WiFi or 3G. The damn phone always tries to connect with so many applications and just opening any email account the phone always tries to connect. It's insane. It kills the battery life.
    07-15-09 01:58 AM
    3.1 isn't out yet; beta only.

I did however find out that it may be the apps. I deleted everyone except TipStar, Shazam and Twittelator Pro and I seem to be doing a lot better.

I just have to find out which app(s) is causing the battery drain. I'm guessing the push apps.
    07-15-09 11:37 AM
    I don't get to use mine very much throughout the day and mainly keep it charged. But, I have about as much apps as the next guy and I don't seem have any gripes when I'm using it. Doesn't last as long as the Storm, but if your constantly on it, what do you expect?
    07-16-09 10:42 PM
    I dont think the battery life is horrible at all, and this is coming from someone whos owned about 28 devices in the last 2 years over a variety of OS's- WM, BB, iphone, Palm, etc.

I think people's usage of the phone goes up when they have the iphone- playing with it more. The iphone is rated the same 4.5-5 hours as most other smartphones in talktime, I just think people tinker with it more causing it to SEEM like the battery is worse. But obviously we all know if you use it more and the screen is on more it drains faster.
    07-17-09 10:04 AM
    Well... battery issues have been resolved

It's an app that is doing it, still haven't found which ones. I'm slowly putting all of my apps back. It might be the beta Twitter app that I use for push notifications. I used the list of several others that didn't have this issue to see which apps were similar.

Currently have installed:
    BeeJiveIM
    Chase
    myWireless
    BillMinder
    Birthdays
    TipStar
    Restaurants
    Twittelator Pro
    Facebook
    Flixster
    TwitVid
    Loopt
    Shazam
    CameraBag
    Photobucket
    PhotoForge
    Photogene
    Animoto
    Wordpress
    Tumblr
    07-17-09 11:26 AM
    I dont think the battery life is horrible at all, and this is coming from someone whos owned about 28 devices in the last 2 years over a variety of OS's- WM, BB, iphone, Palm, etc.

I think people's usage of the phone goes up when they have the iphone- playing with it more. The iphone is rated the same 4.5-5 hours as most other smartphones in talktime, I just think people tinker with it more causing it to SEEM like the battery is worse. But obviously we all know if you use it more and the screen is on more it drains faster.
    The other part is that everything about the device is better (looking) and utilizes more battery.

The screen being large, the apps being feature packed and very bright (even with brightness down) and for me, using both voice and data at the same time. CDMA carriers aren't known to be bad for battery life as much as GSM carriers. People cry about 3rd party multitasking, but CDMA can't do the most common type of multitasking and that's voice + data simultaneously.
    07-17-09 11:43 AM
    Well... battery issues have been resolved

It's an app that is doing it, still haven't found which ones. I'm slowly putting all of my apps back. It might be the beta Twitter app that I use for push notifications. I used the list of several others that didn't have this issue to see which apps were similar.

This post is correct. after i installed the new update i started seeing my battery drain like madness. at first i also thought it was the update but its not. i erased my phone and the first thing i noticed was my antenna strength double. I then noticed that my battery was back to normal.

I put all my apps back on and had the exact same trouble. I have since taken them off and I am putting them back on one at a time.

I know apple claims that no application can run in the background because of the way the software is coded but there has to be something going on. Maybe it has to do with the push notifications... idk...

I have it narrowed down to two apps i think may be causing my problems... its either Billminder (which i love so this really sucks) or the AT&T app that monitors ur usage and all that. I am leaning towards the AT&T app because i will try to run billminder with all push notifications turned off.

This doesnt count all the games that i have... i really hope its not one of them... i wouldnt think it could be... any app that is not running should not have information being pushed to the phone from the server but who knows... thats why i am leaning towards the AT&T app... I bet information is being pushed to your phone from the server if you have this app installed.

and btw... its not wifi... i leave my wifi on every night now after i erased my phone and i cannot even tell a difference in charge level when i wake up now...

List of Installed apps (battery working perfect right now)

Pandora... lol
    08-26-09 02:08 PM
    It might be BillMinder... I updated as well and I've been having the battery issues again. Lol.

I also jailbroke, but I did it before I installed the update and my battery was fine.

Let me know what you find.
    08-26-09 06:56 PM
    It might be BillMinder... I updated as well and I've been having the battery issues again. Lol.

I also jailbroke, but I did it before I installed the update and my battery was fine.

Duvi... Am I reading this right? You were able to JB the 3.1 beta?
    08-26-09 07:27 PM
    battery life has always sucked and probably will continue to.
    08-27-09 01:32 AM

Duvi... got some good and some bad news man. my little experiment just got shot to **** since they updated the billminder app lol. what timing. anyways the good news is that i have the new version of billminder as well as pandora and my phone is working perfectly.

I am willing to bet that the last version of billminder before the update was having problems with the new 3.1 iphone update and chewing up the battery. so they released the new update with the new skins and bug fixes.

i should put the AT&T app back on my phone to see for sure if that is the problem but i am just relieved my phone works. i am gonna start putting my games on one at a time and make sure none of them are the problem.

i have my (have to have) apps on there so im good. I will keep posting. If i get most my games back on and its running good i will try the AT&T app again i guess. I know it was running fine before 3.1 update.
    09-01-09 11:57 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD