how many videos can you watch before the battery dies? I can watch about 4-5 hours worth on my 9530 but I'm curious about the iPhone.
    04-20-10 05:04 PM
    I'd like to know, too...

I've just so happened to never finish watching a complete movie on my iPhone. Albeit I have about 10 installed on it
    04-20-10 07:20 PM
    I'm curious period. One of the few things that keeps me with BB is the poor battery life of the Iphone. I simply can't count on being able to charge my device mid day.
    04-20-10 09:57 PM
    I'd like to know, too...

I've just so happened to never finish watching a complete movie on my iPhone. Albeit I have about 10 installed on it
    I've finished about 5? I don't even remember what those movies were though.
    04-20-10 10:00 PM
    While I have never watched a full length movie on my iPhone, I do watch 4-5 You Tube vids in any given day and I really don't have any issues with my battery life. I'm on my iPhone quite a bit and I rarely have to charge mid day. The thing that I find to kill my battery the most is games but I don't really play that many games on it anyway.
    04-21-10 03:29 PM
    Safari and Tweetie rape my battery if I use it for a few hours, but other than that, I don't have any trouble keeping my battery above 30% during the day.
    04-21-10 04:38 PM
    I'd just like to know how many hours Of movies can you watch on a fully charged iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 11:49 AM
    Has anybody tried this?

04-23-10 09:04 AM
    I'm curious period. One of the few things that keeps me with BB is the poor battery life of the Iphone. I simply can't count on being able to charge my device mid day.

I understand what you mean. I always felt I'd be on my way home and that it would die on me. That was one of the reasons mine went back.
    04-23-10 09:11 AM
    Probably 150mins or so?
    04-23-10 09:28 AM
    Probably 150mins or so?
    150min???
    04-23-10 08:50 PM
    150min???
    So about 2.5hrs worth of video? My 3Gs has horrible battery life maybe just my experience.
    04-23-10 11:55 PM
    If youre somewhere where you have the time to sit and watch 1+ hours of video straight then get a battery pack and plug the thing in while you do (or turn off WIFI/3G/etc you dont need on while watching a movie).
    04-24-10 12:17 AM
    Battery life was the only thing I disliked about my iPhone. Everything else was great.

The best thing to do would be to carry chargers. Charge it whenever you're near a wall, computer or car.

Gotta hand it to the 9700 on this one. That thing has incredible battery power.
    Last edited by killswitchX13; 04-24-10 at 08:14 AM.
    04-24-10 08:12 AM
    Yea I agree, the 9700 is a beast itself. Having superb battery power from the last bold even with the same battery pack. This really shows you battery efficiency at its finest.

Plus on the flip side, any giant touchscreen cellphone will never have great battery life. Unless they stack a giant battery on it. I mean it is twice the screen size of any BB.
    04-24-10 01:18 PM
    I understand what you mean. I always felt I'd be on my way home and that it would die on me. That was one of the reasons mine went back.
    if you turn off locations and turn down the brightness the battery lasts a lot longer
    04-24-10 04:34 PM
    Battery life was the only thing I disliked about my iPhone. Everything else was great.

The best thing to do would be to carry chargers. Charge it whenever you're near a wall, computer or car.

Gotta hand it to the 9700 on this one. That thing has incredible battery power.
    Yea I agree, the 9700 is a beast itself. Having superb battery power from the last bold even with the same battery pack. This really shows you battery efficiency at its finest.
    And if you try to watch video on a 9700 youll want to throw it out the window because a 2" viewing window just is eye straining and unappealing. Their are downfalls to a smaller screen.

Plus on the flip side, any giant touchscreen cellphone will never have great battery life. Unless they stack a giant battery on it. I mean it is twice the screen size of any BB.
    Im glad some people actually realize this before trying to compare BB and iphone battery life side by side. Theyre different totally different devices and having a much larger screen and touchscreen at that, and more powerful graphics takes battery.

Id rather have the power though then worry if I have 30% or 60% battery at the end of the day. Either way charge the darn thing, no excuse not to every night.
    04-24-10 04:44 PM
    I have a 3GS & I use it alot through out the day! I downloaded a app call Battery Doctor & it's amazing! It may have 10% of true battery but with this app my battery will be like 30%

04-25-10 07:51 AM
    I got the gum pro external battery (it gives me 3 full charges for the iPhone) coming from a BB I was not used to having a flat battery by lunchtime lol
    04-28-10 10:31 AM
    So about 2.5hrs worth of video? My 3Gs has horrible battery life maybe just my experience.
    seriously? ive watched transformers, pirates of the caribbean, and 1 episode of The Office before my battery was dead. That was at 75% brightness using headphones. In the 8 months ive had my 3gs, this is the only time ive actually watched movies on my iPhone (was on a long bus ride).

Regarding battery life, im up at 6am and plug my phone in usually around midnight. Sometimes it'll come close to 1-5% battery, but usually 25-30%. I use my phone a lot too, maybe 200 sms, 10mms, 2-5 youtube videos, 1h safari browsing, and maybe 20-40min phone calls, receive 100-120 emails daily, reply to about 40 daily, and during the half hour drive to, and half hour from work my iPhone is playing in the car. 3G and wifi are running all the time, and backlight set to 75%. I do have a car charger in the rare case i overuse my phone and it dies on me. I would compare this battery life to be a little bit better then the bold 9000, but miles behind the 9700. Also remember this is a full touchscreen phone, and the screen goes on whenever you get an sms notification (or others like facebook etc). So if you get a lot of notifications a day that sets your screen on a lot of times during the day even though you're not actually using your phone. I wish iPhone notification system was done more like blackberry.
    04-28-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD