11-29-11 01:52 PM
621 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Be careful pink you will be labeled a troll in no time.....and welcome

Just to make sure I didn't make you change to the iPhone did I because it seems I have that power according to some folks in the Gen Discussion thread.
    You evil manipulating ******* lol.

Obviously no one would switch to iPhone of their own volition - only after manipulation!

Glad we got to the bottom of it, SJ!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-04-11 02:50 PM
    Ok, well that's it all you manipulating iPhone brain washers you are LMAO!!
    I have no fear of anyone calling me a troll, not worried really. I know what I have learned thru yrs of using a bb and now I get to experience the iP4S I'm ok with that, call me a traitor too if you'd like lmao !!

As long as I'm happy and the device I chose works for me then I really don't give a fokk what anyone else thinks

I look forward to enjoying this 4S to the fullest and I'm happy I've chosen to finally do so !!

Now about that usage--I've fully charged @ 130pm, and Ive been using my 4s a good bit and so far my batt is down to 91%. I will prob try to let the batt run down to nil tomorrow to give it it's first full discharge cycle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 03:15 PM
    i love my iphone even though i didnt get the 4s, not a big deal to me.
    11-04-11 03:48 PM
    Seems Apple is cranking out updates fast they just released beta 2 of iOS 5.0.1 They are serious about this!!!!!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-04-11 04:16 PM
    Yeah I would be shocked if they weren't taking the battery life thing serious. It seems the title of this thread using the word "solved" was a bit premature.
    11-04-11 06:45 PM
    Ok, I decided to check my usage stats and they are:
    Usage- 3h 7m
    Standyby- 5h 28m

My batt is at 46% from a full charge @130pm off charger. I have checked my email like every half hr also, so idk if that makes a diff.

Is this good, bad or mediocre?

I also have my email set to under settings: push is off and fetch is set to hourly.
    And yes, I have iAds & setting time zones set to off
    11-04-11 07:19 PM
    That's good. Not bad. Let the phone die on its first charge cycle. Also do this. This lil setting being off has helped to. Settings/restrictions/enable them to ON/set pass-code I recommend your current pass code to unlock ur phone/PING set to OFF...go back/done deal
    11-04-11 07:43 PM
    That's good. Not bad. Let the phone die on its first charge cycle. Also do this. This lil setting being off has helped to. Settings/restrictions/enable them to ON/set pass-code I recommend your current pass code to unlock ur phone/PING set to OFF...go back/done deal
    Ok, well I'm glad to hear that's a decent discharge i just spent a good hour, hour +15mins putting in my notes into the notepad and my passwords into 'keeper' from my bb and that was straight up legit using the phone with no breaks in-between. I'm at 26% now. I think I'm cross-eyed now after all that lol

Also, I don't use a password to lock my phone. i actually never did.

11-04-11 09:11 PM
    Pulled my phone off charger at 6:50 this morning and it is 10:11 still at 48%
    11-04-11 09:12 PM
    Ok, I decided to check my usage stats and they are:
    Usage- 3h 7m
    Standyby- 5h 28m

My batt is at 46% from a full charge @130pm off charger. I have checked my email like every half hr also, so idk if that makes a diff.

Is this good, bad or mediocre?

I also have my email set to under settings: push is off and fetch is set to hourly.
    And yes, I have iAds & setting time zones set to off
    I'm at 13 hours standby and 3 hours usage. Battery @ 54%. The usage has been Twitter, Instagram, Camera+, web surfing, and a little gaming.
    11-05-11 05:55 AM
    I'm at 13 hours standby and 3 hours usage. Battery @ 54%. The usage has been Twitter, Instagram, Camera+, web surfing, and a little gaming.
    ooooooh aren't we special?!? LOL j/k !! I had to bust your chops on that one. Lol.

Ok, you've clearly gotten better stats than I did

Well I did completely run my batt down to the point it shut down itself this morning. So now il have a full fresh charge for the day and see how things go I did do a lot of things yesterday so that could also be why I didn't do so well batt wise. I still have a few things to set up and dwld wps. So I'm hoping today will be a better 'usage' day.

Either way, if as of now I've gotta throw my 4S on a charge mid day I don't mind, I'm really digging this thing I always had to throw my bb on a charge 2, sometime 3 times a day--depending on what I was using it for- so it won't phase me to do so once mid day with the 4S.

This morn my hubby was teasing me, he has the 4, he says, oh I get 2 sometimes 3 days outta my charge. I was like go scratch LOL.
    11-05-11 07:55 AM
    i cant understand this...for the last 6 years of owning a blackberry and now my iphone. once i go to sleep and before my eyes are shut..my phone stays connected charging so in the morning its charged and fresh. i dont understand how people can go 2-3 days w/o charging a phone. none of my phones have been damaged because of this. like hello if you not using it..leave it charging and thats it. i need my battery @ 100% at 6am when i get in my car and drive to my office.
    11-05-11 10:42 AM
    that i dont understand either. but my mother in law has a lg touch and she only charges it once a week, hardly uses her phone. my wife has a tour and charges it every other day. i always charge my phone every night because i use my phone heavily. def now that i have a iphone/toy lol
    11-05-11 10:50 AM
    who ever has a smartphone and charges it every 2-3 days doesnt have a smartphone or doesnt use it and leave it there laying down doing nothing lol
    11-05-11 10:56 AM
    the only reason my wife has a bb still is because she isnt due for an upgrade. she uses it but not like us real users. she also has an ipod touch for training to use an iphone hahaha
    11-05-11 10:58 AM
    look i dont work on saturdays. im home..dont txt much or play with iphone too much on saturdays..it is now 12 and my battery still at 85%. on a normal business day im at 50% now...so there you go...you have a smartphone and even with minimal usage you should charge overnight
    11-05-11 11:09 AM
    Omg you guys, lol, my hubby is conservative when it comes to charging his 4. If it's still at 80% at the end of the day, then no, there's no reason to plug in and charge he doesn't use his 4 very much when he's at work, he's a boss and they issued him a nextel and he'll be getting a bb also, so he doesn't need to really use his phone much at all during the day unless he has a moment to call or tx me

I always plug mine in at night too, to have a fresh 100% in the a.m.

11-05-11 11:11 AM
    im having an awesome battery day today...ofcourse im not using it much...on my ipad 2 lol
    11-05-11 11:19 AM
    looks like my battery life woes are over...disconnected at 6am. moderate use today...it is 5:34pm and im at 50%...oh **** yeah! LoL FYI...this is with wifi on the entire day since I've been home and I have wifi here
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-05-11 at 04:48 PM.
    11-05-11 04:34 PM
    Ok, I'm still unsure if I'm doing ok battery wise here. Since my last full charge here's my stats,
    Usge: 1h 52m
    Standby: 4h 16m

And I'm at 65% after that bit.

Now, I also went into my settings/about/diags&usage. In that list, like Sj, I did find 3 items that had "crash" in them -- 'latest crash contacts' , latest crash mobile mail, and latest crash.plist IDK what this mean, but if anyone does, could they possibly share that info I'd appreciate it

I also set up iCloud to back up my contacts & calendar only. I turned it on, backed up my stuff and then turned it back off. We can do that right? Or do I have to leave it turned on?

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 11-05-11 at 08:11 PM.
    11-05-11 07:59 PM
    Ok, I'm still unsure if I'm doing ok battery wise here. Since my last full charge here's my stats,
    Usge: 1h 52m
    Standby: 4h 16m

And I'm at 65% after that bit.

Now, I also went into my settings/about/diags&usage. In that list, like Sj, I did find 3 items that had "crash" in them -- 'latest crash contacts' , latest crash mobile mail, and latest crash.plist IDK what this mean, but if anyone does, could they possibly share that info I'd appreciate it

I also set up iCloud to back up my contacts & calendar only. I turned it on, backed up my stuff and then turned it back off. We can do that right? Or do I have to leave it turned on?

Yes just turn on iCloud to back up or charging overnight which is the best time to do it. Now all those errors/crash/bugs you have is exactly issues that I had which was killing my battery. 1 restore from iPhone (don't use iTunes) and back up from iCloud it erased all my issues. Now that list has no errors or crashes. Since then my battery is awesome. Right now it's 9:36pm and battery at 23% off charger since 6 am. Those errors crashes will kill ur battery
    11-05-11 08:37 PM
    Yes just turn on iCloud to back up or charging overnight which is the best time to do it. Now all those errors/crash/bugs you have is exactly issues that I had which was killing my battery. 1 restore from iPhone (don't use iTunes) and back up from iCloud it erased all my issues. Now that list has no errors or crashes. Since then my battery is awesome. Right now it's 9:36pm and battery at 23% off charger since 6 am. Those errors crashes will kill ur battery
    Ok now, how do I do a restore for the iPhone. Also, my cloud back up took a whole 2minutes to do lol.

Also, I only have contacts and calendar on the cloud. What about my apps, 2 ringtones I purch'd, keeper app with info and my stored memos I now have? I can do an iTunes back up but then it will put all those 'crash' issues right back on no?

11-05-11 08:46 PM
    Settings/general/reset/erase all contents and settings...when phone loads up back up from iCloud. Sign in with apple ID and password. Do one complete iCloud backup before you do that.
    11-05-11 09:15 PM
    Before u do that why don't u wait a week or so...let ur phone settle in. I waited 3 week to start tweaking and fixing battery issues myself. But honestly a nice fresh iOS 5 install is always a plus
    11-05-11 09:32 PM
    Settings/general/reset/erase all contents and settings...when phone loads up back up from iCloud. Sign in with apple ID and password. Do one complete iCloud backup before you do that.
    Thx Sj but I have a few questions.
    Ok, in doing that reset and erase all contents thing, will I loose any of my apps, notes info, keeper app info, ringtones, music, wps etc?

I have no problem waiting it out a bit, but I want to know in doing that reset thing, what nfo am I going to lose and have to manually re enter.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 11-05-11 at 10:14 PM.
    11-05-11 10:12 PM
621 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD