Do any of your screeens get warm after heavy use of the iPhone. My battery seems to be doing fine. So I didn't want to return the phone if warm screens after say an hour of use is normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 04:37 AM
    Do any of your screeens get warm after heavy use of the iPhone. My battery seems to be doing fine. So I didn't want to return the phone if warm screens after say an hour of use is normal.

dont think thats normal. but 1 hour of constant use.... have you googled your question? you may find out answers from other forums
    11-03-11 05:15 AM
    Apple acknowledges iphone battery issues, plans to upgrade software.

Apple acknowledges iPhone battery issues, plans to upgrade software - San Jose Mercury News
    great news indeed. Apple must know whats going on and how to fix it.
    11-03-11 05:17 AM
    dont think thats normal. but 1 hour of constant use.... have you googled your question? you may find out answers from other forums
    I don't get the confusion. What I meant was that if I was to use the iPhone for 1 hour straight, on facebook, sending texts, watching you tube I notice my screen getting warm. I have Googled it and have read mixed things. Some people say that its normal, while others say its a flaw. I was hoping to get some feed back on here.

11-03-11 06:10 AM
    I don't get the confusion. What I meant was that if I was to use the iPhone for 1 hour straight, on facebook, sending texts, watching you tube I notice my screen getting warm. I have Googled it and have read mixed things. Some people say that its normal, while others say its a flaw. I was hoping to get some feed back on here.

Sorry I used the wrong smiley face. But as per your issue...dont think that's normal. I would go to apple store and get it checked
    11-03-11 06:51 AM
    SJ, i know you said turning off all of the push notifications for facebook that i would still get the notification. But i had to open the app to see that i had posts from overnight. Any insight? maybe a reset?
    11-03-11 07:09 AM
    SJ, i know you said turning off all of the push notifications for facebook that i would still get the notification. But i had to open the app to see that i had posts from overnight. Any insight? maybe a reset?
    Youre right...I just realized that this morning. Sorry for the misinformation. I left the push notifications ON to stuff that matter to me most...not all of them
    11-03-11 07:29 AM
    OK, so Apple has acknowledged there's an issue with iOS 5 and the battery and it seems they have a fix in the works -

Apple confirms iOS 5 bugs causing battery drain, promises a fix 'in a few weeks' -- Engadget

Hopefully this will result is users being able to use their devices as they once did, rather than without tweaking settings to 'inconvenient'.
    _____

It seems that the traditional path to Apple acknowledging a problem - users that point out Apple product 'issues' online and ideally not on the Apple Communities forums - does still work with the Company, while the rabid fans maintain their traditional position of blaming those who point out the issues with everything from a lack of tech savvy to personal hygiene issues.

Heck, I know people who are much drawn to Apple products and the Company's formal AppleCare features, but who won't have anything to do with the products because of the unpleasantness that exists thanks to angry Macoyltes on forums.

Do Apple a favour, angry Macolytes - be more circumspect / professional / silent when issues come up.
    Last edited by Bazza1; 11-03-11 at 07:50 AM.
    11-03-11 07:46 AM
    Its all good man. I was going to turn on a few of them anyway lol.
    11-03-11 07:46 AM
    im finding best usage having it like this. ofcourse in the end you set up how you prefer.

Attachment 96465
    11-03-11 08:22 AM
    @Bazza1

"Hopefully this will result is users being able to use their devices as they once did, rather than without tweaking settings to 'inconvenient' "

exactly. i dont want to continue tweaking stuff around and turn things OFF in order to get better battery life...then whats the point of having an iPhone? LoL But this is the reason why i left blackberry after 6 years and got an iPhone. Apple knows they have a problem/they fix the problem/they release updates on time. This is great that they dont make you wait for ever. This is a huge reason why so many (millions) of people stick to the iPhone. And for now im sticking with Apple
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-03-11 at 08:29 AM.
    11-03-11 08:27 AM
    After turning off PUSH email, I'm at 60% battery life after 18.5 hours Standby and 3 hours of usage. I didn't use it very much last night because I was sick with a migraine.
    11-03-11 08:34 AM
    After turning off PUSH email, I'm at 60% battery life after 18.5 hours Standby and 3 hours of usage. I didn't use it very much last night because I was sick with a migraine.
    so is this an improvement for you? are you getting your emails on time? I am.
    11-03-11 08:44 AM
    so is this an improvement for you? are you getting your emails on time? I am.
    I'd say it's a marginal improvement, but like I said, I didn't use my phone much after it left the charger because I was sick.

I turned PUSH email off and set Fetch to manual.

I haven't tried the settings on Facebook yet.
    11-03-11 08:58 AM
    I'd say it's a marginal improvement, but like I said, I didn't use my phone much after it left the charger because I was sick.

I turned PUSH email off and set Fetch to manual.

I haven't tried the settings on Facebook yet.
    ok remember not to turn OFF all push notifications from your facebook app. this morning we realized this...set those that are more important to you.
    11-03-11 09:13 AM
    11-03-11 09:22 AM
    Interesting, from chrisy's link:

A PCWorld reader had a similar problem with a new iPhone 4S and took it to an Apple store. An employee ran a diagnostics check on the device. He stated that the process that allows the cellular connection was in a constant crash reboot state and it was eating the battery. The employee wiped the phone and asked the user to not restore from backup but to just do a sync to the device. After performing these steps, the phone has performed well.
    11-03-11 09:55 AM
    I'm trying to be prepared for when my dads iP4s arrives. I hope he doesn't have issues.
    11-03-11 10:07 AM
    i think this happened to mine...prior to me restoring. after i read that i decided to restore
    11-03-11 10:10 AM
    So I wonder if this is only related to those who previously had iPhones and were trying to restore from a backup?

I didn't have an iPhone so I had nothing to restore. My husband had issues trying to get his iPhone activated and he was coming from a 3G.
    11-03-11 10:25 AM
    Subscribed in case I need help the parents with any battery issues in iP4s. The iP4 running iOS5 has awesome battery life according to my mom. Can't wait to test the iP4s batt!
    i've subscribed to this thread also to help me out with my iP4S when i get it

So I wonder if this is only related to those who previously had iPhones and were trying to restore from a backup?

I didn't have an iPhone so I had nothing to restore. My husband had issues trying to get his iPhone activated and he was coming from a 3G.
    Now, that you brought that point up Moiselles, i'm wondering that as well.

SO, my next question as far as your point goes is, I'd be coming from a bb and the only thing i'd be doing with my iP4S would be dwlding the VzW Contacts restore app to sync those into my iPhone. Other than that, i'd be starting with a 'clean slate' so to speak on adding any apps, email accts, etc.

With that being said, is this battery thing still an issue then i wonder for my situation(or anyone doing this exact same thing) as well too
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 11-03-11 at 11:03 AM.
    11-03-11 11:01 AM
    ^ I didn't even sync my contacts. I manually added them all (I'm old school). So I started with a complete clean slate and my battery has been great.

I've only been adjusting settings to see how good I can get it.
    11-03-11 11:15 AM
    ^ I didn't even sync my contacts. I manually added them all (I'm old school). So I started with a complete clean slate and my battery has been great.

I've only been adjusting settings to see how good I can get it.
    you added them all manually ?!?!---you brave girl ! LOL

i've got well over 400+contacts, so that wouldn't be an option for me--it would take me days LOL.
    11-03-11 11:18 AM
    I had about 60 contacts to add. I added them gradually over the first day, lol.

If I had 400 contacts, I certainly would not have manually added them. Haha.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-03-11 11:22 AM
    I had about 60 contacts to add. I added them gradually over the first day, lol.

If I had 400 contacts, I certainly would not have manually added them. Haha.
    agreed, 60 or even 100 is do-able. but not 400+ lol. If i did do those manually, i think i'd start to take on charateristics of Dr.Jekyl and Mr.Hyde Lmao !!
    11-03-11 11:24 AM
621 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD