11-29-11 01:52 PM
621 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Eh it's all good. No big deal though. Glad I could attempt to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    much appreciated !!
    11-12-11 06:18 PM
    Here's where I'm at right now. Almost 7hrs of usage and thats the most I've pushed my device since I've gotten it so I guess I can't complain to much about my batt life today. Like many of you said, I also always have a charger readily avail where ever I am so I will just charge as I need to AND I'm shutting my percentage off too cuz it's really driving me nuts now !!

Click to view quoted image
    That's actually really good for 7 hours.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-12-11 06:21 PM
    Going to bed with these stats. Starting to really love my phone. And not scared to use the phone because of " battery issues "

11-12-11 09:42 PM
    Going to bed with these stats. Starting to really love my phone. And not scared to use the phone because of " battery issues "

once you go past the constant monitoring of the battery life you really start to enjoy and appreciate this great piece of device. im doing what moiselles mentioned...have a charger at home at home office inside my car...if battery is low...just charge it. its been almost a month since launch day and now im really starting to enjoy this thing.
    11-13-11 05:28 AM
    once you go past the constant monitoring of the battery life you really start to enjoy and appreciate this great piece of device. im doing what moiselles mentioned...have a charger at home at home office inside my car...if battery is low...just charge it. its been almost a month since launch day and now im really starting to enjoy this thing.
    I have to agree Sj. Keeping watch on the batt stats has really been driving me crazy. Watching the percentage drop while using it was a PITA & I have shut off my percentage noti also, so all I see now is just a 'normal' battery. at this point the battery usage/ standby time is what it is.

I just want to enjoy my 4S without worrying about it anymore
    11-13-11 05:53 AM
    This is how I'm rolling...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...
    11-13-11 11:59 AM
    Just wanted to pop in and say TY to all of you that recommended and commented on how tap-a-talk is--i just purchased the app myself and so far for the few mins i've used it, i like it still fig'ing it out tho.

on another note, batt life again today not to great--use 3h 15m/s.b. 6h 32m off charger this morn at 630a and down half way now. i shut my % off this morn, and while i had to call Apple about my Aol email on wifi issue- i had them run a diagnostics on my phone and everything came up clear--no bugs, crashes--nothing-- so thats good it also showed my battery functioning as normal with no issues. So i know i'm prob repeating myself, but it is what it is and just charge when need be.

If it really gets to me, i may just at some point do a restore......
    11-13-11 12:03 PM
    iPinkk I suggest you do a restore as NEW, not a backup from a restore...

11-13-11 12:18 PM
    iPinkk I suggest you do a restore as NEW, not a backup from a restore...

ok when I hook up to iTunes it'll give me that option? I've never had to do this before so I'm not sure. And then back up from iCloud?

Sent from iPinkk's 4S using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 12:36 PM
    Pink first do a backup to iCloud
    Then connect to Itunes
    Then click restore and let it do it's thing
    Once the phone is active again during setup I restored fro iCloud

Good luck and for good measure reset your network settings seemed to help me.
    11-13-11 01:03 PM
    This is how I'm rolling...

These are some good stats. And I agree too...restore from NEW. This did wonders for me. Back up from iCloud. Setting/general/reset/erase all contents and settings/then set as new and back from iCloud. No need to connect to iTunes. On ios5 I did this and i got much better battery life afterwards. iOS 5.0.1 has given me even better battery life...right now I'm satisfied
    11-13-11 01:27 PM
    Ok questions for either one of you
    1) will it replace all of my apps
    2) I use 'keeper ' will it also keep the info I've entered into still?
    3) will I loose any wps I've dwld from apps? Photo stream seems to only save wps I've emailed to my self or pix I've taken.

The reason I ask is because my device shows I've used 4g but iCloud is showing I still have 4.8g free meaning it only stored about 108mb.

Last edited by iPinkk; 11-13-11 at 01:34 PM.
    11-13-11 01:32 PM
    And for my next trick...

11-13-11 01:46 PM
    Ok questions for either one of you
    1) will it replace all of my apps
    2) I use 'keeper ' will it also keep the info I've entered into still?
    3) will I loose any wps I've dwld from apps? Photo stream seems to only save wps I've emailed to my self or pix I've taken.

The reason I ask is because my device shows I've used 4g but iCloud is showing I still have 4.8g free meaning it only stored about 108mb.

I use pwsafe for my password keeper as u can backup from iCloud from app. It will save all your settings and apps. iCloud also saves ur game progress. Saves how you have your apps and folder set to. Saves all your pictures on your camera roll. iCloud has come in handy in regards to restoring etc
    11-13-11 01:48 PM
    Ok I'm trying to understand how all the iCloud back up works. Now when I go into it it shows I have contacts, calendar, reminders, photo stream, & docs&data turned ON.

When I go further in the menu to 'manage storage' it shows my 4S phone name, I click on that and there's a whole list of my apps-all say ON. including camera roll.

Now what I don't understand is my phone shows I've used 4gb. But iCloud shows I've stores 108mb of stuff. Does it not count in the contacts,cal, reminds, photo stream & doc&data towards the number I see under manage storage ??

This is why I'm confused on what will be replaced and what I might lose if anything?
    I saw nothing for my music 2.2gb. But I can always add that thru sync. That's NBD to me.

Last edited by iPinkk; 11-13-11 at 02:02 PM.
    11-13-11 01:59 PM
    My phone shows 2.9GB USED and iCloud back up file size is at 1.2GB. I've backup and restored and haven't loss anything.
    11-13-11 02:04 PM
    Ok then yours in iCloud compared to phone usage show less also. That makes me feel at ease then it's not jut my ph that shows iCloud less.

11-13-11 02:08 PM
    Yup. My music isn't back up to iCloud. I can always just connect to iTunes and that takes me seconds to sync. All my music saved there on my PC.
    11-13-11 02:16 PM
    Yup. My music isn't back up to iCloud. I can always just connect to iTunes and that takes me seconds to sync. All my music saved there on my PC.
    ok well i just got home and i've set my phone up now to erase and start as new. So hopefully in another 15 mins or so i'll be good to go and icloud will throw everything back on. AND hope my battery will be better then

I'll post back when i'm through, or if i run into a prob.

thx for your help Accidental and Sj, and navi for the suggestion
    11-13-11 02:19 PM
    When ur done restoring. Log on to apple ID from phone and then restore from iCloud. You will see how all your apps will start to be installed...u will need wifi to do all of this
    11-13-11 02:22 PM
    OK how do i get icloud to restore?
    11-13-11 02:26 PM
    once your phone loads up it will give you option to restore from icloud back up
    11-13-11 02:32 PM
    When ur done restoring. Log on to apple ID from phone and then restore from iCloud. You will see how all your apps will start to be installed...u will need wifi to do all of this
    i dont see an option for restore ??? oh gosh.... and now when i go into the icloud menus is closed out and brings me to the home screeen
    11-13-11 02:32 PM
    did u wipe with itunes or from phone?
    11-13-11 02:34 PM
    did u wipe with itunes or from phone?
    from phone,
    my contacts are here but nothing else is
    when the ph came back on i went into iclou signd in and turned all the back up options back on.....
    11-13-11 02:34 PM
621 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD