yes I want to hear some updates, this reminds me of the leaked OS's for Blackberry's, except this isn't leaked its official lol.
    11-10-11 01:14 PM
    YUP and it was fast. i ended doing it via wifi on OTA...4 minutes. i have turned PUSH on and some features that i had to OFF and now time to monitor battery. im very impressed with Apple and how fast they released an update...hasnt even been 1 month since this thing was released. that right there shows what a great company Apple is...and like Maine said...this is "official" no leaks or hybrids LoL
    11-10-11 01:21 PM
    Got mine OTA
    11-10-11 01:21 PM
    hopefully it is fixed and we can all start using PUSH again. i just turned it on and noticed my gmail emailing is instant now. kinda missed having push. fetch isnt bad..but it was 3-4minutes behind.
    11-10-11 01:23 PM
    I'm a huge fan of push I will definitely turn my push on after I update, but my job has no wifi which sucks so I have to wait until I get home to update.
    11-10-11 01:42 PM
    ok so its been 1 hr since i got new update...PUSH is set to ON. txt/facebook/Siri..ive only lost 1% of battery. after update i was at 97% now im at 96%. so far so good...looks like apple found the battery "bug"
    11-10-11 02:20 PM
    what was your hourly drain before the update?
    11-10-11 02:30 PM
    wow thats friggin awesome, I need that update
    11-10-11 02:30 PM
    wonder what it fixes with the 1p4, didnt see much on the release bulletin
    11-10-11 02:34 PM
    When I got this iPhone I was at 12%-15% loss p hour. After tweaking and restore at 5%-7% p hour. Now I'm at 1%-2% p hour. All these stats with average use. I'm very satisfied after this update
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-10-11 at 02:37 PM.
    11-10-11 02:34 PM
    so the 1%-2% on new update is NOT standby...you were acutally using your phone?
    11-10-11 02:37 PM
    so the 1%-2% on new update is NOT standby...you were acutally using your phone?
    Using my phone and standby...mix of both. I'm active on 3 forums so I use a lot of web for posting.
    11-10-11 02:42 PM
    good to know...may have to do a quick starbucks drive by on my lunch
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-10-11 02:52 PM
    Downloading mine now. Even though I didn't have a real battery problem, I'm interested in seeing the update's battery improvement.
    11-10-11 02:52 PM
    I was sooo busy all day takin care of things and I missed this ?!?!?!? And I see my update is avail. Ok, I'm off to go wifi and dwld

Yeah !!!

Edit: wow, it dwld the software and installed it, and I'm rebooting already. Damn....this is nice and quick
    Edit#2: holy crow, I'm truly amazed at how quick that went. It finished up about 3 mins ago, I was just looking around in my setting etc and everything is in it's place.....unbelievable at how fast that updated. What a pleasure to do

Can ya tell I'm a newbie at this LOL.
    Last edited by iPinkk; 11-10-11 at 03:59 PM.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-10-11 03:41 PM
    Downloading mine now. Even though I didn't have a real battery problem, I'm interested in seeing the update's battery improvement.
    Same here. I have no issues with battery (3 hour use / 15 hour standby before update today and was stil at 75%), but if it improves even more past that, I'll be happy.
    11-10-11 04:32 PM
    Just finished my do via iTunes. Took all of 15 min. Been browsing and using the phone pretty much since it was done and battery is holding. Even on the plain 4 lol
    11-10-11 05:40 PM
    Updated around 2-3pm...I decided to charge battery as I updated to get a better feel for the usage. I was at 95% after update. It is now 10:38pm...normal usage/push is on/wifi on...battery at 65%. That's 7 hrs off the charger. Yup apple has fixed the battery bug. Thank you Apple. I'm glad to have switched to the dark side. This is a company that cares...
    11-10-11 09:37 PM
    Just an update since my last post. I upgraded to ios 5.0.1 and there is NOTICABLE difference.

In my previous post, I had everything off, never ran more than one app, no wifi/location services. No notification center - nothing and was easily losing 10-15% bat life a hour.

Now, I have everything on, I mean everything location services, push everything and I just did 40 emails, tweeted, iMessage surfed the net and only lost 30% battery in 2.75 hours. And I am PUSHING this phone HARD.

Needed to say, I am VERY please with Apple's upgraded 5.0.1 os.
    11-10-11 09:51 PM
    Here is an interesting fact. The iPhone4S infrared sensor is always on.

iPhone 4S always-on infrared sensor means Siri is ever watching, waiting | VentureBeat
    Wow, that's creepy. Better turn the phone over at night.
    11-11-11 12:28 AM
    Not sure if I notice a difference in battery life. Going to give it a few more hours before I decide if it really helps. But then again, I never had a major battery issue. The only thing I turned back on was fetch email set to fetch every hour.
    11-11-11 05:15 AM
    I discovered doing this helps after you update. Reset network. Seems to have helped me. So far.
    11-11-11 05:49 AM
    I discovered doing this helps after you update. Reset network. Seems to have helped me. So far.
    How do you do that?
    11-11-11 06:09 AM
    Just came on the local news in the Netherlands:

IPhone Battery Problem not solved
    Last Updated: November 11, 2011 1:10 p.m. Info
    LONDON - The mobile operating system update iOS that the battery had to resolve problems of iPhones, not all users have the desired effect.
    Photo: AFP

IOS 5.0.1 was rolled out Thursday containing a solution to the battery problem that surfaced was iOS 5. The battery of some iPhones were suddenly empty significantly faster than for the update.

Version 5.0.1 had this problem, but the board of Apple customers continue to complain about problems, even after the update. Some customers have reported the situation is worsened.

The update was a leak was discovered poem by hacker Charlie Miller. This flaw could malware apps in the App Store when placed normally filtered by software selection.

Also added to the iPhone multitouch movements 1.
    11-11-11 06:33 AM
    i think that could be true...i have PUSH on...i already started my work day...ive been txting and using my phone normal use..took phone off charger at 6am. it is now 7:40am...im at 87%. thats not right. prior to this update i was getting awesome battery life for the last week. when i got to work...40 minute commute i was at 91%. usually when i get to work im at 95%-97%. looks like this update didnt do much...im gonna monitor battery today...maybe PUSH really drains this battery down. if anything ill restore from my phone and back up via iCloud. thats what i did on iOS5 and managed to get stellar battery life...and ofcourse PUSH was set to off...i dont mind having other features off...but i would prefer PUSH to on...ive been reading on other forums...those that had awesome battery life on 5.0 updated to 5.0.1 and now are experiencing bad battery life. also those that had bad battery life on 5.0 have even worse on 5.0.1 and those who didnt noticed any difference. oh no......here we go again....LoL
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-11-11 at 06:49 AM.
    11-11-11 06:46 AM
621 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD