Somehow i don't think that would be a good idea......my list is long.......
    Well, if it will help, you can have my 400 posts from here. I have a lot more at TiPb anyway.
    11-18-11 09:39 AM
    LOL

10chars
    11-18-11 09:41 AM
    i just called and waited for 15 mins. they said they dont do such a thing and to go to apple store. so much for that. lazy *** people lol
    WAAAAT?!?! They are soooo full of it, the rep did it for me on Sunday when I called him from my landline so we could trouble shoot my 4S...

Ugh that just pisses me off when reps don't wanna be bothered. Sorry it didn't work out for you Sj

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    11-18-11 09:54 AM
    I need that 5k baby....then you all can pick what my title will be......LOL
    I'm there, I just haven't chosen a name yet

11-18-11 09:56 AM
    WAAAAT?!?! They are soooo full of it, the rep did it for me on Sunday when I called him from my landline so we could trouble shoot my 4S...

Ugh that just pisses me off when reps don't wanna be bothered. Sorry it didn't work out for you Sj

its ok. she wanted to schedule an appt for me at apple store. im like no thanx.
    11-18-11 09:58 AM
    I am going to put my title up for sale in the marketplace.......
    11-18-11 09:59 AM
    I am going to put my title up for sale in the marketplace.......
    How about Sith Lord?
    11-18-11 10:37 AM
    I need to know the following info:

How many email accounts are on the phone and how are they setup? Push, Fetch or manual?

What are your settings for the following?

WiFi ask to join on or off?
    Location Services Reminders on or off?
    Under the system Services Location based iads on or off?
    Setting time Zone on or off?
    Bluetooth on or off?
    Store Auto Downloads on or off?
    Notifications Manually or by time?
    Stocks on or off?

let me know...

Please be patient with me we can get this fixed today hopefully. I will be in and out........but will be watching for your responses...PM me per pink......
    U guys are awesome!! Wifi is off. Location off. iads off. time zone set to manual. Don't know about store auto downloads. Stocks off.
    11-18-11 10:44 AM
    Also, I would lose all my info if I did a restore from new and then just synced from itunes right? Not doing a restore from icloud?
    11-18-11 11:19 AM
    Ok check under location services>system services> the time zone setting there.

Do you have a gmail account?
    11-18-11 11:54 AM
    Time zone setting is off and yes I do have gmail!
    11-18-11 01:16 PM
    Okay do you know how to set gmail up as exchange ?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-18-11 01:20 PM
    How about I do a complete write up tonight?

anon(153966) likes this.
    11-18-11 01:53 PM
    .....Word!

How about I do a complete write up tonight?

11-18-11 03:12 PM
    Hope this helps someone:

Ok here we go:

If you have a gmail account import all of your contacts from your address book to gmail through the web.

Sync your iPhone
    Backup your iPhone plug into iTunes right click the device and click backup.
    Backup phone to iCloud.

Okay here is where we are going to basically wipe the phone out and start from scratch.

1. Plug phone into PC or MAC and go to iTunes and click restore.
    2. Let the phone go through the restore process.
    3. DO NOT RESTORE THE PHONE FROM A BACKUP.
    4. Disconnect from iTunes and proceed with the onscreen instructions to setup phone.
    5. Select your language
    6. Turn Location Services on (it's ok to do that now) more later.
    7. Continue through the setup process until your phone looks like it is new.
    8. Now this is what we are going to do. Plug the phone into iTunes and SYNC.
    9. Disconnect phone when SYNC is complete.
    10. Setup GMAIL as exchange go to settings>Mail Contacts>Calendar and select EXCHANGE
    11. Your email is your FUL gmail account. BTW copy it you will need it in a second.
    12. Username: paste your email account
    13. Password: (self explanatory)
    14. Domain: Leave empty
    15. Click next
    16. Server: m.google.com
    17. Click next and all should verify
    18. Next screen make sure email , contacts and calendar are on.
    19. Your contacts will come back from GMAIL (Cloud).
    20. At this point we are going turn off unnecessary settings.
    21. Siri turn off raise to speak. ( the IR sensor stays on constantly if you don't)

Turn OFF the following
    WiFi: Ask to join networks OFF
    Location Services: Go to System Services and turn off iAds and Time Zone and Diagnostics and Usage
    Notifications: Turn off what you don't use i.e. Stocks and weather and set to manually
    Store: Turn off Auto Downloads
    Restrictions: Go to Settings>General>Restrictions (enter password if asked). Turn them on and turn off PING.

Now reset networks settings: Settings>General>Reset> Reset Network Settings.

Phone reboots. Setup wifi Again and make sure ask to join is off.

Kill your battery until the phone shuts off and charge back to 100% preferably from Wall Charger. Remove from charger let it run down 5-10% and charge it again to 100%

Enjoy the phone!!

Ok I think thats it.

If I think of anything else I will update this post.

it worked for me.......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-20-11 at 10:38 AM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-18-11 03:13 PM
    Hope this helps someone:

Ok here we go:

If you have a gmail account import all of your contacts from your address book to gmail through the web.

Sync your iPhone
    Backup your iPhone plug into iTunes right click the device and click backup.
    Backup phone to iCloud.

Okay here is where we are going to basically wipe the phone out and start from scratch.

1. Plug phone into PC or MAC and go to iTunes and click restore.
    2. Let the phone go through the restore process.
    3. DO NOT RESTORE THE PHONE FROM A BACKUP.
    4. Disconnect from iTunes and proceed with the onscreen instructions to setup phone.
    5. Select your language
    6. Turn Location Services on (it's ok to do that now) more later.
    7. Continue through the setup process until your phone looks like it is new.
    8. Now this is what we are going to do. Plug the phone into iTunes and SYNC.
    9. Disconnect phone when SYNC is complete.
    10. Setup GMAIL as exchange go to settings>Mail Contacts>Calendar and select EXCHANGE
    11. Your email is your FUL gmail account. BTW copy it you will need it in a second.
    12. Username: paste your email account
    13. Password: (self explanatory)
    14. Domain: Leave empty
    15. Click next
    16. Server: m.google.com
    17. Click next and all should verify
    18. Next screen make sure email , contacts and calendar are on.
    19. Your contacts will come back from GMAIL (Cloud).
    20. At this point we are going turn off unnecessary settings.
    21. Siri turn off raise to speak. ( the IR sensor stays on constantly if you don't)

Turn OFF the following
    WiFi: Ask to join networks OFF
    Location Services: Go to System Services and turn off iAds and Time Zone and Diagnostics and Usage
    Notifications: Turn off what you don't use i.e. Stocks and weather and set to manually
    Store: Turn off Auto Downloads
    Restrictions: Go to Settings>General>Restrictions (enter password if asked). Turn them on and turn off PING.

Now reset networks settings: Settings>General>Reset> Reset Network Settings.

Phone reboots. Setup wifi Again and make sure ask to join is off.

Kill your battery until the phone shuts off and charge back to 100% preferably from Wall Charger. Remove from charger let it run down 5-10% and charge it again to 100%

Enjoy the phone!!

Ok I think thats it.

If I think of anything else I will update this post.

it worked for me.......
    Thanks! I have it set up as exchange but I may have to try again!
    11-18-11 03:37 PM
    ok, AP i have a question(s) in regards to this setting. I went into my phone and had to "enable restrictions" with a pass code. I turned PING off (all others were ON). closed out. thought nothing else of it.

I then tried to access my tapatalk to reply to a post here on CB, but it told me that my "agent had restricted" me, traced back my steps to the restriction i set as you had posted above. went in, turned it back off (disabled it). Went back to tapatalk and entered my PW again, and i was on no problems.

Was that suppose to happen, or did i miss a setting for something else? Also, what exactly does the 'restriction enable' do?

Thanks
    11-18-11 04:52 PM
    Weird here is mine Attachment 97259Attachment 97260Attachment 97261Attachment 97262

With no issue on tapatalk......

Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-18-11 at 05:03 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-18-11 04:55 PM
    Weird here is mine Attachment 97259Attachment 97260Attachment 97261Attachment 97262

With no issue on tapatalk......

yep, thats exactly what mine looked like !! very weird !!

ok well, i'll give it a shot again and see what happens. if it gives me that warning again i'll just "disable" it again....its how it was to begin with anyway and it wasnt doing any harm
    11-18-11 05:05 PM
    Ok so I'm typing this now from the tapatalk with those settings in restrictions put on again.

Edit: weird. It let me do it this time.

11-18-11 05:06 PM
    ok not a big battery saver but squeezing as much as I can.
    11-18-11 05:07 PM
    ok not a big battery saver but squeezing as much as I can.
    Ok thanks. This time I actually logged off CB from tapatalk('more' tab and top left 'log off'). Closed it out and came back in and now it's ok. I don't get it lol.

Last edited by iPinkk; 11-18-11 at 05:11 PM.
    11-18-11 05:08 PM
    Nice tutorial AP. I've got GMail, but don't have any problems with it. However, i'm going to bookmark that page, just in case. BTW... I personally don't care for iCloud. Too much like "Big Brother". I use a 1TB external hard-drive for my back-ups. You did good AP.
    11-18-11 06:38 PM
    Okay for the first time I was awake when I had my battery not charge right. I woke up to 100%. I left it plugged in and all of a sudden is started losing charge. Went all the way down to 90 before it would charge again. Is this an issue for anyone else
    11-19-11 10:39 AM
    Okay for the first time I was awake when I had my battery not charge right. I woke up to 100%. I left it plugged in and all of a sudden is started losing charge. Went all the way down to 90 before it would charge again. Is this an issue for anyone else
    I can't say that's ever happened to me jebulls sorry. BUT a lot of times when I charge now, as soon as I see the 100% with the 'plug' icon in the battery I unplug my charger from my 4S.

I think someone has mentioned here or somewhere else, I can't rem, that once the phone is fully charged to 100% at some point there's a circuit that shuts off the charge feature even tho its still plugged and the battery will start to drain to a certain point before it picks back up to charge again to 100%. But I've never seem that happen with mine, even in the beginning when I charged over night, I'd still wake up to it showing 100% from being plugged in overnight.

Perhaps you may need a trip to the Gb to clear this up if it's an issue, or if your 4S is behaving as it should

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 10:50 AM
621 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD