Okay guys I did the restore and now it's asking if I should set it up from new or use my backup. There is no sync option so I ended up just doing the backup? If this isn't right could someone fill me in from there?
    Do not use the backup. Once the restore is done and you get the screen thats says iPhone with a gray background disconnect the phone from iTunes. Go through the setup process on the phone. When it asks about iCloud restore from there.(provided you backed up to iCloud.) Once your phone comes back to life then plug it in and sync. The lower right hand button in iTunes.
    11-17-11 06:48 AM
    Okay thanks. The icloud restore is a better option than restoring from itunes? I will try again tonight haha. I knew restoring from my backup wasn't right but I didn't want to screw anything up.
    11-17-11 06:55 AM
    No problem we are here to help. It's a PITA at first to do it that way but, you get a clean iPhone after. Also for good measure reset your network settings.
    11-17-11 06:56 AM
    It's those annoying ads that pop up at the bottom or top of your screen when in a free app to get you to click on other stuff. Truly annoying !! I have mine shut off also, but sometimes they still pop up.
    ADs still come up. but hey its free so what can u expect.
    11-17-11 07:11 AM
    All the iads location does is help the ad know where you are. It sends an ad based on your location. I hope that makes sense.
    11-17-11 07:13 AM
    All the iads location does is help the ad know where you are. It sends an ad based on your location. I hope that makes sense.
    thank you for making it clear for us.
    11-17-11 07:14 AM
    In my best Siri voice " I am here to serve."
    11-17-11 07:20 AM
    thank you for making it clear for us.
    ahhhh..... !! now that does make more sense !! thanks AP

In my best Siri voice " I am here to serve."
    LMAO !!
    11-17-11 07:27 AM
    Well finally got my phone restored from new! I hope this helps a bit! Thanks for all your help!
    11-17-11 11:47 AM
    Well finally got my phone restored from new! I hope this helps a bit! Thanks for all your help!
    Awesome also don't forget to reset network settings as AP has suggested, and also turn OFF "setting time zone" and "location based iAds" as well to help with your battery life !!
    sj-performance likes this.
    11-17-11 11:59 AM
    Yep got all the settings right and all that good stuff! Way too soon to tell but right now it doesn't seem any better. 41 minutes of usage with 1 hour 24 minutes standby and I am at 90 % . That seems terrible to me??
    11-17-11 12:49 PM
    Yep got all the settings right and all that good stuff! Way too soon to tell but right now it doesn't seem any better. 41 minutes of usage with 1 hour 24 minutes standby and I am at 90 % . That seems terrible to me??
    not bad...give it a day or two
    11-17-11 12:54 PM
    not bad...give it a day or two
    Yep way too soon to tell much!
    11-17-11 12:56 PM
    Yep way too soon to tell much!
    jebulls, keep an eye on it for a day or two and see how your usage/stanby go conpared to battery loss over time. IF need be, you could also try to let your device drain down till it dies on its own and then do a full fresh charge up. When i first got my 4S a couple wks ago (on iOS5) my battery life wasnt great, and i think it was Sj that suggested to do that, and it did help it improve.

So thats something you can consider too just in case....but lets hope not !! looking forward to hearing good reports on your batttery stats now
    11-17-11 03:18 PM
    jebulls, keep an eye on it for a day or two and see how your usage/stanby go conpared to battery loss over time. IF need be, you could also try to let your device drain down till it dies on its own and then do a full fresh charge up. When i first got my 4S a couple wks ago (on iOS5) my battery life wasnt great, and i think it was Sj that suggested to do that, and it did help it improve.

So thats something you can consider too just in case....but lets hope not !! looking forward to hearing good reports on your batttery stats now
    draining battery is always good...connect to charger once it dies
    11-17-11 03:23 PM
    i wanted to share some NEWs with guys/girls that has nothing to do with battery or iphones lol. im 29 and my wife is 26. next month our first child turns 1 year (Gavin) well last week we got news she was preg again...and yesterday we discovered we are having TWINS....OMG! 2 for 1...so next year you will probably find me less on here lol ill be on here after-hours
    11-17-11 03:26 PM
    Huge congrats!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 03:34 PM
    thanx...always said we just wanted 2 and have them young. now look ...now i need bigger house and bigger SUV
    11-17-11 03:36 PM
    i wanted to share some NEWs with guys/girls that has nothing to do with battery or iphones lol. im 29 and my wife is 26. next month our first child turns 1 year (Gavin) well last week we got news she was preg again...and yesterday we discovered we are having TWINS....OMG! 2 for 1...so next year you will probably find me less on here lol ill be on here after-hours
    OMG !! OMG SJ !! a huge congrats to your and your wife. How friggin awesome !! That's great news...good luck and best wishes !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-11 03:43 PM
    Wow that's amazing. Congrats SJ!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 04:05 PM
    Get them babies iPhones........
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-17-11 at 04:30 PM.
    11-17-11 04:22 PM
    congrats sj. i am 33 and have 3 my youngest is almost 2. my oldest two live with my ex wife in michigan. but i see them for two months every summer.
    11-17-11 04:26 PM
    Ha I am 46 with a two year old going on three.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 04:30 PM
    Lol, I'm 40-something and the hubby and I have more than 4+ kids....il leave it at that lol.
    (no none are twins either)
    Last edited by iPinkk; 11-17-11 at 05:04 PM.
    11-17-11 05:01 PM
    Lol, I'm 40-something and the hubby and I have more than 4+ kids....il leave it at that lol.
    (no none are twins either)
    Waaaaaaaaaa did you go back to your berry ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 05:19 PM
621 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD