do this...settings/general/reset/erase all content and settings (this is how i did it and fixed my battery problem). when phone loads up u will set up like when u first got it...log in to apple id/set up wifi/set up icloud and you should see your icloud backup available files.
    11-13-11 02:36 PM
    did u back up with icloud prior to doing this?
    11-13-11 02:37 PM
    do this...settings/general/reset/erase all content and settings (this is how i did it and fixed my battery problem). when phone loads up u will set up like when u first got it...log in to apple id/set up wifi/set up icloud and you should see your icloud backup available files.
    ok im doing this again now apple logo coming on and startin gto boot back up

ok just signed into wifi and apple id
    now it says start usin iphon now and it brought up the home screen. now what?
    Last edited by iPinkk; 11-13-11 at 02:41 PM.
    11-13-11 02:37 PM
    when i got into icloud it doesnt show a restore option. and i had to manually go in to turn on the back up for my contacts, callendar, etc. all the apps were already turned on tho.
    11-13-11 02:44 PM
    did u back up with icloud prior to doing this?
    yes, it even shows that i have a back up of 114.5mb but idk how to get it
    11-13-11 02:45 PM
    weird...on my it asks me to set up new or back up from icloud. so u didnt lose anything>?
    11-13-11 03:00 PM
    weird...on my it asks me to set up new or back up from icloud. so u didnt lose anything>?
    Yes when I do a restore it always asks me to restore from iCloud as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 03:04 PM
    yes, i lost my apps, notes, 3 ringtone purchases, about 150 wps plus my pix folders.

the strange thing is, my contacts are ALL there TG cuz thats 400, and my photo stream of 217 is there. my calendar entries are there. My favorites in call menu are gone tho. my alarm is gone-thats no biggie. all my music is gone-no biggie.

i havent gone through everything yet, but i'm gonna have to dwld all my apps again ugh.

and after all this, my battery better improve !!
    11-13-11 03:09 PM
    yes, i lost my apps, notes, 3 ringtone purchases, about 150 wps plus my pix folders.

the strange thing is, my contacts are ALL there TG cuz thats 400, and my photo stream of 217 is there. my calendar entries are there. My favorites in call menu are gone tho. my alarm is gone-thats no biggie. all my music is gone-no biggie.

i havent gone through everything yet, but i'm gonna have to dwld all my apps again ugh.

and after all this, my battery better improve !!
    did u backup everything to icloud prior to deleting? only way u couldve have done that this is via wifi
    11-13-11 03:12 PM
    did u backup everything to icloud prior to deleting? only way u couldve have done that this is via wifi
    yes, i def did. i made sure i turned on wifi and backed up. it even said, last back up sucessful at 327pm

in fact prior to all this, i did a back up at 12:30pm knowing that i was going to do this. i did it again at 330 just for safe measure
    Last edited by iPinkk; 11-13-11 at 03:21 PM.
    11-13-11 03:14 PM
    This makes me scared to backup to iCloud. I'm sticking with iTunes for now.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-13-11 03:45 PM
    Yea I don't blame you. I definitely backed up. I'm sticking with iTunes also. It NEVER asked me to do a restored after logging in as new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 03:49 PM
    I'm so sorry Pink. I'd be so upset.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-13-11 03:54 PM
    I'm so sorry Pink. I'd be so upset.

Thx moiselles. And trust me I am. I now have to enter in all my notes and put all my info into keeper again.
    My wp apps I can re dwld and replace them so that's really not a big deal. And I'll get my ringtones off of my iTunes when I hook up now. I'm not really worried about not having music on my iPhone right now either.

I just need to get my necessities back. Notes and keeper info. I just hope through all this my battery does improve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 04:00 PM
    iPinkk - before you started the process you did a backup to your computer, right?
    After which you did a restore as new, then you should have been able to restore your backup...
    11-13-11 05:34 PM
    Pink when you restored your phone at that point your phone should have a screen that say iPhone and you begin the setup there.

You turn on location etc and then it will ask you to restore from iCloud. That when you check iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 05:49 PM
    Pink when you restored your phone at that point your phone should have a screen that say iPhone and you begin the setup there.

You turn on location etc and then it will ask you to restore from iCloud. That when you check iCloud.

Exactly. When I've restored ive always gotten this message. And no backup on iTunes. iCloud is in my opinion better and faster.
    11-13-11 06:33 PM
    iPinkk - before you started the process you did a backup to your computer, right?
    After which you did a restore as new, then you should have been able to restore your backup...
    No, Navi. i had a backed up from a couple of days ago, but i decided to just dothe restore it through the phone in setting/reset and then i prompted it to restore as a new iphone.

I thought that when you restore it through your back up if there was anything previously 'corrupt' it isnt a good idea to throw that back up back onto the phone.

A-Post, yes restored as new. the screen said iphone, i slide to unlock and began the set up. it turned on wifi and i had to sign in. then it asked me to log in to my itunes accoutn, which i did. then went into icloud, and still no restore option was avail. IDK what happened honestly, i know i backed up icloud TWICE today, once at 1230 and again at 330 before i did the reset from the phone itself.

through the set up process, it never asked me to restore from icloud. idk why. also, it took a few minutes before it actually finally activated with VzW.

Any way, i'm not upset like i was before, i'm just baffled as to why icloud didnt work right. the really strange thing about it is--it saved my contacts, photo stream(217 pix) and calendar. But i know i had the ON for apps etc.

right now, i got all of my keeper info entered back in, i've synced back from itunes my 3 ringtones, music, few wps apps, BOA, and map quest. I have some of my wps on my laptop that i can email myself again. And i just need to enter in my 'notes' info again. So all is almost back to normal.

I purchased 'tap-a-talk' today so i'm hoping when i go back into the app store from iphone, it'll recognize ive purchased it and it'll just re-dwld it.

Once i get everything back right, i'm going to do a back up tomorrow so i have everything current again.
    11-13-11 06:33 PM
    Exactly. When I've restored ive always gotten this message. And no backup on iTunes. iCloud is in my opinion better and faster.
    idk, this message never came up for me

i'm just gonna stick to the old fashion was and back up thru itunes from now on. I can't handle the stress of worrying about icloud backing up or if it didn't lol
    11-13-11 06:35 PM
    ok, so right now since i've restored and charged to full 100%, my stats are: usage: 40m/ standby 1h 12m and i'm at 94%.

i hope that sounds good now. i've also changed my email to fetch only, every hour now. (push is only set for yahoo)
    11-13-11 06:36 PM
    As a good measure reset your network settings I did and it helped
    11-13-11 06:39 PM
    yep did that and a *228 opt.2 just for good measure !! I also made sure i turned off the iAds and that time setting thing too.

and i was just able to grab my tap-a-talk app and redwld

Sj & Accidental, i just want to thank you guys for your help, as well as Navi & candy, and thanks moiselles for your support
    Last edited by iPinkk; 11-13-11 at 06:47 PM.
    moiselles and sj-performance like this.
    11-13-11 06:43 PM
    What's a *228opt.2???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 08:17 PM
    Ur welcome. By the way it been nice meeting new people here. Ive lost contact with a lot of people from my blackberry days. IPhone is more fun and even with battery issue or not it's been good times.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-13-11 10:44 PM
    I second that. This my friend works wonders.
    11-13-11 10:46 PM
621 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD