it quiet here...looks like we are all experiencing great battery life
    yup !! i know i def have been, since letting my 4S run down completely till it shut off and did a nice full charge. I'd have to say my batt life has been great. I havent curbed myself with using my phone either and i can get a good solid 14/15/16hrs out of it and still have 25% at the end of the night 10pm when i plug in to charge, and thats with it coming off the charger every morn at approx 630am.

So overall, i'm very happy with my batt life and not having to worry about pluggin in mid day for a 'refresh' !!
    11-09-11 08:00 AM
    did all of you purchase apple care?
    11-09-11 08:04 AM
    i didnt. just got the regular 1 year thats included with the phone. im always changing phones. take really good care of my phones. and always try to fix problems myself. including replacing parts and what not. ive always taken blackberrys apart to fix and even iphones. only thing is i have no insurance for theft and loss...but i read sprint is working with assurion to bring this soon. honestly ive only lost 1 phone in my life. i always carry my phone in my pockets or in my hand. for now im good. besides by the time it is october 14 2012.. (1 year) i may have moved on to iPhone 5 or BBX lol. i change phones ever 10-13 months.
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-09-11 at 08:15 AM.
    11-09-11 08:10 AM
    Hi candy. No I didn't BUT I do pay for TEC on VzW's ins, which is $10 mthly.

Like Sj, I take really good care of my phones. That's one thing I'm super anal about, is even owning them after a year+, they will still look like they just came out of the box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 08:38 AM
    Hi candy. No I didn't BUT I do pay for TEC on VzW's ins, which is $10 mthly.

Like Sj, I take really good care of my phones. That's one thing I'm super anal about, is even owning them after a year+, they will still look like they just came out of the box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yup me too. u should see my phones after 1 year of use. they look like new. i also keep all original boxes and all. all my phones always have a screen protector and some sort of protection via a slim case. and when sprint releases insurance for iphone im getting that. i assume $8-$10 a month is fine. i always paid $8 for my blackberry a month.
    11-09-11 08:48 AM
    same here i have a high turnaround time for phones as well, and i was debating wether to get it or not. My only fear is that one of the buttons, like the silent button or the home button will stop working...
    11-09-11 08:50 AM
    do you find tyhat the battery goes down quite quickly from 100-80 and then steadies itself...i dont know if im gonig crazy or have other notcied this too?
    11-09-11 09:09 AM
    do you find tyhat the battery goes down quite quickly from 100-80 and then steadies itself...i dont know if im gonig crazy or have other notcied this too?
    yup. this is normal. all my blackberrys did this. on my iphone i noticed this...but after 80% it lasts longer.
    11-09-11 09:13 AM
    same here i have a high turnaround time for phones as well, and i was debating wether to get it or not. My only fear is that one of the buttons, like the silent button or the home button will stop working...
    dont worry about that. if you take care of your phone. u dont throw it or slam it on tables or etc. u should be fine. but if you really really want to be on the safe side...just get it. i believe we have until november 14 to get it. now if you plan on keeping it till past 1 year then dont get it
    11-09-11 09:20 AM
    My battery well...............I traveled to Nashville Tn for an overnight trip. Forgot my charger. I know I know. Any way went to bed about 1:30 am with 58% battery. And you know the rest of the story.
    11-09-11 09:26 AM
    yup me too. u should see my phones after 1 year of use. they look like new. i also keep all original boxes and all. all my phones always have a screen protector and some sort of protection via a slim case. and when sprint releases insurance for iphone im getting that. i assume $8-$10 a month is fine. i always paid $8 for my blackberry a month.
    Omg, I do the same exact thing--save boxes etc. LOL that's just too funny !!

Yes my bb was $7mthly, but because the iPhone is more valuable, I guess is the word(?), VzW chgs $10mthly for TEC but I'm ok with that, I know IF god forbid anything shuld happen I'm covered

yes, same for me also Candy. Your not loosing your mind lol.
    11-09-11 10:03 AM
    My battery well...............I traveled to Nashville Tn for an overnight trip. Forgot my charger. I know I know. Any way went to bed about 1:30 am with 58% battery. And you know the rest of the story.
    thats great
    11-09-11 10:20 AM
    phone always have better re-sale value with screen protectors cases and original boxes. i get tired repeating this to my friends..and then i see them get upset when they get low balled for their phone lol
    11-09-11 10:22 AM
    thats great
    heck no it friggin died.......LOL
    11-09-11 02:40 PM
    heck no it friggin died.......LOL
    thats exactly what i thought happened i'd go through withdrawls !! lol
    11-09-11 03:14 PM
    I just moved to an iphone and downloaded System Activity Monitor and this is what I found

177 System
    172 Profiled
    80 Mobile Phone
    78 absinthed.n94
    72 networkd
    66btserver
    61 aggregated
    60 apsd
    54 dataaccessed

I dont' know what any of these things do; but I've been awake for 50 minutes and lost 5% battery.

I've turned off the following:

• notification center - NOTHING goes into it.
    • All email is set to - manual
    • location services - off
    • I kill every app when i get out of it

Is this really how iPhone is? or is just a fluke until 5.0.1 comes out?

I came from a blackberry 9700 - which I know has the best battery on the market (easly 2 days w/ 6 emails, 4 twitter, 1 facebook all set to PUSH; Pandora stream for at minimum of 4 hours a day and heavy web surfing) I feel if I did that on an iPhone I would kill it in 4 hours.

Any thoughts? Is any of this realistic to expect from an iphone?
    11-10-11 08:06 AM
    Good news.

Article from WIRED magazine

New iOS 5.0.1 Update Improvements
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-10-11 08:20 AM
    I just moved to an iphone and downloaded System Activity Monitor and this is what I found

177 System
    172 Profiled
    80 Mobile Phone
    78 absinthed.n94
    72 networkd
    66btserver
    61 aggregated
    60 apsd
    54 dataaccessed

I dont' know what any of these things do; but I've been awake for 50 minutes and lost 5% battery.

I've turned off the following:

• notification center - NOTHING goes into it.
    • All email is set to - manual
    • location services - off
    • I kill every app when i get out of it

Is this really how iPhone is? or is just a fluke until 5.0.1 comes out?

I came from a blackberry 9700 - which I know has the best battery on the market (easly 2 days w/ 6 emails, 4 twitter, 1 facebook all set to PUSH; Pandora stream for at minimum of 4 hours a day and heavy web surfing) I feel if I did that on an iPhone I would kill it in 4 hours.

Any thoughts? Is any of this realistic to expect from an iphone?
    i restored my iphone4s 2 times before i noticed a big battery improvement. i was losing 10%-12% battery p/hour. now i lose an average of 5%-6% per hour with heavy usage. i have a lot of things i dont use OFF. and PUSH email is off. I havent really noticed such a delay in emails being set to fetch. now im hearing great things about new update 5.0.1 and look at article Accidenal Post just posted. if you really want to go in depth wipe your phone from your iphone not iTunes. then back up via iCloud directly from your iphone. this worked for me. when i restored/backed up from iTunes it didnt. for now just continue monitoring your battery life. dont worry about it so much yet. enjoy your phone. with new update things should get better. remember Apple always fixes things. once new update comes out im only interested in having PUSH email on. the rest i could really do without...but it would be nice to have many features ON and not have to worry about battery life like i did on my blackberry.
    11-10-11 08:48 AM
    i restored my iphone4s 2 times before i noticed a big battery improvement. i was losing 10%-12% battery p/hour. now i lose an average of 5%-6% per hour with heavy usage. i have a lot of things i dont use OFF. and PUSH email is off. I havent really noticed such a delay in emails being set to fetch. now im hearing great things about new update 5.0.1 and look at article Accidenal Post just posted. if you really want to go in depth wipe your phone from your iphone not iTunes. then back up via iCloud directly from your iphone. this worked for me. when i restored/backed up from iTunes it didnt. for now just continue monitoring your battery life. dont worry about it so much yet. enjoy your phone. with new update things should get better. remember Apple always fixes things. once new update comes out im only interested in having PUSH email on. the rest i could really do without...but it would be nice to have many features ON and not have to worry about battery life like i did on my blackberry.
    As an update, since doing all the above, I've streamed Pandora Radio since this last post and I am at 68% battery left.

it appears teh PUSH/Notifcation center is the isolated area of issue.

IMO
    11-10-11 12:19 PM
    Here is an interesting fact. The iPhone4S infrared sensor is always on.

iPhone 4S always-on infrared sensor means Siri is ever watching, waiting | VentureBeat
    11-10-11 12:21 PM
    ok people start downloading. update 5.0.1 is out. im downloading from iTunes as i type this
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-10-11 12:31 PM
    ok people start downloading. update 5.0.1 is out. im downloading from iTunes as i type this
    Same here.
    11-10-11 12:39 PM
    oh man...im at work till 8pm with no wifi connection
    11-10-11 12:39 PM
    Crap I need to go find wifi....BRB
    11-10-11 12:44 PM
    ill be vicariously living throuh you guys for the next 6 hours...so please post updates asap
    11-10-11 12:45 PM
621 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD