thank you. i deleted 2 emails from my iphone last nite. have the icloud set to manual/gmail to fetch/and work AOL to fetch/ PUSH is completely OFF. i have forwarded my other 2 emails to gmail. its doing just fine. getting emails. i only left email alerts from crackberry. the rest ill check when i log on...not that important. i disconnected my phone today at 6am...it is now close to 9am...battery at 91%. this is a huge difference for me. the features i need and use on the iphone are set to ON. the rest that i dont use and kill battery are off. im glad..and looking forward for 5.0.1. ive read that many developers and those that have it are posting good reviews and battery life is much better.
    Sj, i'm glad to hear you have seen an improvement already with just tweaking a few settings !! thats awesome !!

i'm glad i subscribed to this thread, with all the little tips and tricks posted here to help reserve batt life on the 4S but still have an outstanding functioning phone Thx to everyone for that i can't wait to get mine
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    11-04-11 08:03 AM
    u cant no loner open a new me.com account right>?
    11-04-11 08:04 AM
    You can open new me.com accounts when you setup iCloud.
    11-04-11 08:11 AM
    Go to Settings > iCloud and there should be an option to create a new me.com account.
    11-04-11 08:31 AM
    Apple’s iOS 5.0.1 beta – seeded to developers yesterday – not only promises to address the iOS 5 battery life issues many owners have experienced, but also fixes some of the more vocally complained about problems for the iPad and iPad 2. Original iPad owners discovered that the full release of iOS 5 removed the gesture support present in the beta version, something which has now been added back in with iOS 5.0.1, MacRumors reports.
    11-04-11 08:40 AM
    Go to Settings > iCloud and there should be an option to create a new me.com account.
    yeah i got it. my apple ID which i have had for 3 years. ive always had an ipod touch is actually my gmail username. i was thinking of opening a me.com just for icloud. but when i go to website...it says they are no longer accepting new accounts. ill just continue using this apple ID. thanx.
    11-04-11 08:41 AM
    Apple�s iOS 5.0.1 beta � seeded to developers yesterday � not only promises to address the iOS 5 battery life issues many owners have experienced, but also fixes some of the more vocally complained about problems for the iPad and iPad 2. Original iPad owners discovered that the full release of iOS 5 removed the gesture support present in the beta version, something which has now been added back in with iOS 5.0.1, MacRumors reports.
    11-04-11 08:42 AM
    11:03am...took phone off charger at 6am...battery is at 80%!!!! wow...what a big difference. doing what i read from that article and tip reeneebob gave me. 4 emails accounts and all those incoming emails was killing my battery fast. i have 2 now and almost half a day ive gotten about 20 important emails that matter to me. while in office i leave my inbox on PC open for the others..no biggie. im a happy camper today. happy hour today is looking mighty good
    11-04-11 10:04 AM
    So what i am gathering of the past few days is, the battery drainage could be a number of factors. one being usage amount, and the weather lol
    11-04-11 10:15 AM
    I'm pretty impressed with how Apple has handled this i4S battery issue, particularly since the phone has been on the market only 3 weeks. Including a)acknowledging there is an issue b)reaching out to device owners with severe battery issues via Mac forums in order to monitor and help them diagnosis problems and c) promptly getting to work on a fix.
    sj-performance likes this.
    11-04-11 10:19 AM
    So what i am gathering of the past few days is, the battery drainage could be a number of factors. one being usage amount, and the weather lol
    yup lol. i used my blackberry a lot. and now with the iphone. im a heavy user. i just need to shut up and stop complaining
    11-04-11 10:22 AM
    I'm pretty impressed with how Apple has handled this i4S battery issue, particularly since the phone has been on the market only 3 weeks. Including a)acknowledging there is an issue b)reaching out to device owners with severe battery issues via Mac forums in order to monitor and help them diagnosis problems and c) promptly getting to work on a fix.

Yep better than some companies we know......
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    11-04-11 10:33 AM
    if it was RIM (omg) we would have to wait till 2012 to get a statement from them and an update lol....im glad i switched to Apple (iphone)
    11-04-11 10:37 AM
    Yep better than some companies we know......
    Agreed - but it does leave one wondering what they do during the Beta stage of these products - aside from throwing out red herrings via 'inside sources' and supply chain folks and 'losing' the occasional test product in bars.

Any testing go on there, Cupertino?

11-04-11 11:01 AM
    mid-day and im at 70%
    11-04-11 11:06 AM
    Agreed - but it does leave one wondering what they do during the Beta stage of these products - aside from throwing out red herrings via 'inside sources' and supply chain folks and 'losing' the occasional test product in bars.

Any testing go on there, Cupertino?

I ran every beta they had. Although it was on my iP4 not my 4s and battery life was fine. I think Apple plays the cards a little too close to the vest. Especially when new devices are coming. No one saw the iP4S coming...all that was talked about was the new form factor etc.....so I assume the 4S was a tiny beta group under controlled conditions.......
    11-04-11 11:09 AM
    hi guys, i know this isnt the place(thread), but i couldnt wait to order my 4S this week end, a VzW Corp store in my area had the 16g white in stock---YES !! i am now a proud new owner of one i'm sooo psyched !! I'm hoping today i will be able to go thru all my settings and get'er just the way i'd like

sorry to derail the thread
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-04-11 12:17 PM
    hi guys, i know this isnt the place(thread), but i couldnt wait to order my 4S this week end, a VzW Corp store in my area had the 16g white in stock---YES !! i am now a proud new owner of one i'm sooo psyched !! I'm hoping today i will be able to go thru all my settings and get'er just the way i'd like

sorry to derail the thread
    awesome! and hey if you need help...just ask and we are here to help you. this thread has a lot of good info and look at how many times its been viewed...LoL 1000+ PM me if you need any help. congrats and enjoy. welcome to "the dark side" what was your previous device?
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-04-11 12:32 PM
    awesome! and hey if you need help...just ask and we are here to help you. this thread has a lot of good info and look at how many times its been viewed...LoL 1000+ PM me if you need any help. congrats and enjoy. welcome to "the dark side" what was your previous device?
    tyvm Sj, I'm soo psyched. I had a bb 9650 OS6.431 shrunk with boss. Was a bb user for 4+yrs and I felt it was time for a change.

This thread does have a lot of good info, and believe me if I get stuck, I'll be bugging one of you guys here thru PM, LOL.
    11-04-11 12:38 PM
    another iphone convert coming from blackberry...LoL
    11-04-11 12:43 PM
    another iphone convert coming from blackberry...LoL
    Somehow I had a feeling you'd say that.

In all honesty tho, I've always wanted an iPhone since AT&T came out with it, BUT Verizon never had them till this year. I had upgraded to my bold in dec2010 and by time VzW released the iPhone, it was too late for me to exchange. So needless to say here I am, a year later, and stole my daughters upgrade lol.
    11-04-11 12:47 PM

In all honesty tho, I've always wanted an iPhone since AT&T came out with it, BUT Verizon never had them till this year. I had upgraded to my bold in dec2010 and by time VzW released the iPhone, it was too late for me to exchange. So needless to say here I am, a year later, and stole my daughters upgrade lol.
    Traitor!!!!!! oh wait, so am i LMAO
    11-04-11 01:17 PM
    Be careful pink you will be labeled a troll in no time.....and welcome

Just to make sure I didn't make you change to the iPhone did I because it seems I have that power according to some folks in the Gen Discussion thread.
    11-04-11 01:18 PM

Yup me too. I've wanted to get iPhone since 3G version. I just wasn't willing to lose my benefits with sprint for a device. The closest thing I've had to an iPhone was an iPod touch. Every new model I would get. When sprint announced iPhone I got so happy actually. I knew then my 6 year run with blackberry will finally come to an end. And we ain't TROLLS...we just educated folks that's all...LOL
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-04-11 at 02:01 PM.
    11-04-11 01:59 PM
    Update...3pm I'm at 50%...yesterday at this time I was at 18%...in doing something right now
    11-04-11 02:03 PM
621 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD