Someone on TiPb also mentioned turning off the "Raise To Speak" function on Siri. Mine has always been off, as I have never used it.
    11-03-11 11:59 AM
    Someone on TiPb also mentioned turning off the "Raise To Speak" function on Siri. Mine has always been off, as I have never used it.
    ive had that off since day one. and like on my blackberry and now with iphone i always sync my contacts with my gmail. i dont use icloud for this. you are really brave for adding contacts manually lol. i remember in the 90's you wrote them down on a piece of paper and then added to new phone. i did this alot with the tiny nokia phones that where in style back in the days lol
    11-03-11 12:57 PM
    Okay late to the party but restored from with new OS install and synced back everything NOT RESTORE from backup. Better seems much better also Apples going to release iOS 5.01 very soon.
    11-03-11 01:16 PM
    ive had that off since day one. and like on my blackberry and now with iphone i always sync my contacts with my gmail. i dont use icloud for this. you are really brave for adding contacts manually lol. i remember in the 90's you wrote them down on a piece of paper and then added to new phone. i did this alot with the tiny nokia phones that where in style back in the days lol
    For the "raise to speak" I will a,so keep that in mind too

Sj, I lol'd when I read the paper list of number thing. I used to do the same exact thing !! But, when you think about it, back then having just 50 contacts in your cell was a big to do at that time lol.
    11-03-11 01:21 PM
    Okay late to the party but restored from with new OS install and synced back everything NOT RESTORE from backup. Better seems much better also Apples going to release iOS 5.01 very soon.
    you sync everything back via iCloud? what difference in percentage are you noticing? im OK with my changes..not completely sold. looking forward to update 5.0.1
    11-03-11 01:24 PM
    For the "raise to speak" I will a,so keep that in mind too

Sj, I lol'd when I read the paper list of number thing. I used to do the same exact thing !! But, when you think about it, back then having just 50 contacts in your cell was a big to do at that time lol.
    LoL yup...i was like 17-18 at the time. had a beeper and a cell phone..senior in high school
    11-03-11 01:26 PM
    LoL yup...i was like 17-18 at the time. had a beeper and a cell phone..senior in high school
    Ahh...I didn't get my first beeper till I was like 24ish and then finally a cell at 26ish. Lol. I was a late bloomer

Oh god, the beepers were a huge thing to !! If you had one, you were the shiznit around here LOL
    11-03-11 01:32 PM
    Ahh...I didn't get my first beeper till I was like 24ish and then finally a cell at 26ish. Lol. I was a late bloomer

Oh god, the beepers were a huge thing to !! If you had one, you were the shiznit around here LOL
    yup. i had a motorola pager and then a motorola startac. then i grew some love for nokia after watching it in charlies angels movies with drew barrymore...remember? now im 29 and would only use a blackberry or iphone....iphone4s for now
    11-03-11 01:37 PM
    I still carry one.........work in a hospital.
    11-03-11 02:00 PM
    yup. i had a motorola pager and then a motorola startac. then i grew some love for nokia after watching it in charlies angels movies with drew barrymore...remember? now im 29 and would only use a blackberry or iphone....iphone4s for now
    Oh god, the startac. My dad was surgically attached to his LOL. I don't really rem the CA movie with drew barrymore, but the nokia Phs were big and so were the Sony ericsons as well. As for age, I'm not telling mine, let's just say I'm a lot older than you. I didn't start using a bb till my late upper 30's. And now, I'm just waiting patiently to go iP4s.
    11-03-11 02:06 PM
    wow im having a very bad battery day...took off at 6am..im at 18% battery in red...8hrs46mins standby and 4hrs48mins usage...this sucks! time to charge.
    11-03-11 02:12 PM
    Wow. I'm at 1 Day Standby and 4 hrs 15 min usage. 33% battery

Sj, I think it's time to take yours to Apple!
    11-03-11 02:39 PM
    Wow. I'm at 1 Day Standby and 4 hrs 15 min usage. 33% battery

Sj, I think it's time to take yours to Apple!
    wow...yup defiantely. will do this weekend. i may have a bad phone
    11-03-11 02:50 PM
    Good luck the "genius" I had started to blow me off. His phone showed 1 day 14 hours standby. I was like OK fix my phone like yours.
    11-03-11 03:07 PM
    im not happy one bit...my 9930 would be at 50% at 4pm with heavy usage and all features on hopefully that update fixes this or apple needs to give me a new phone
    11-03-11 03:29 PM
    u know im gonna do it again. yesterday i made the mistake of restoring from back up first then used icloud. instead im gonna delete everything. and then disconnect from itunes and back up from icloud instead of a backup saved on pc via itunes. is this how u did urs?
    11-03-11 03:49 PM
    My friend just brought up a good point. Considering the amounts of emails I get on my phone per day..every time I get alerted it's battery being used. My battery life is normal. I'm active on 3 forums...have 4 emails on my iPhone...I get about 50-100 emails a day on my iPhone. Includes forums/personal/work related. What u guys think? U think I'm just being too picky considering the amount of emails I get per day?
    11-03-11 05:07 PM
    I don't get many emails, maybe 20/day MAX. Could be the culprit. Didn't you turn off Push?
    11-03-11 07:49 PM
    I'm at 4 hrs 57 min usage and 10 hrs 15 min standby and am at 50%.

Sj have you do you regularly use all the email addresses? I have 3 emails but use only my hotmail as my main, so I forwarded my other email to my hotmail and only have my hotmail on my phone. I haven't decided if I'm going to migrate to my me.con Apple email account yet or not. Because hotmail is push I get my email instantly but it only polls one account. Maybe that would help if you aren't a regular user of all the other email addresses beyond getting board emails?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 11-03-11 at 08:54 PM.
    11-03-11 08:50 PM
    So i read an interesting article 30 mins ago. The writer noticed that when he went to settings/about/diagnostics usage data all that gibberish eventually meant bunch of crashes and bugs. The list was huge. So guess what? I noticed mine was full of bugs an crashes. What he did was wipe device w/o iTunes. So I just did that..settings/reset/erase all contents and settings. I set as new iPhone. Then sync my info from iCloud. I just went to check that list and it's normal. Bugs and crashes are no longer present. He mentioned after doing this he has noticed much better results. Now I had set emails to fetch but didn't turn off the push tab. I now did that. And I've set from my forums account not to email me whenever there is a reply. All of that goes to my gmail. I shall test it tommorrow and eventually decide to get alerted only from one forum which is my favorite "crackberry" I can live w/o all these emails and what not. My personal and work emails are much more important. Sorry if I've become annoying with this whole battery ordeal...I just like to go depth and find a solution. But I guess most of our solution lies in iOS 5.0.1
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-03-11 at 09:00 PM.
    11-03-11 08:57 PM
    I'm at 4 hrs 57 min usage and 10 hrs 15 min standby and am at 50%.

Sj have you do you regularly use all the email addresses? I have 3 emails but use only my hotmail as my main, so I forwarded my other email to my hotmail and only have my hotmail on my phone. I haven't decided if I'm going to migrate to my me.con Apple email account yet or not. Because hotmail is push I get my email instantly but it only polls one account. Maybe that would help if you aren't a regular user of all the other email addresses beyond getting board emails?

I've thought about this. Keeping my gmail and my work email which is an aol account. I can forward personal AOL to my gmail. I believe using all 3-4 different emails a day is killing my battery. My personal aol email most of the time is just friends emailing me stuff/spam/bunch of BS. I'm gonna test having 1-2 emails like you have mentioned. It makes sense to use gmail only since thats push and my phone will just have to poll from one account.Thank you for this great tip
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-03-11 at 09:11 PM.
    11-03-11 09:05 PM
    No problem. I noticed a drain and it seemed silly since everyone has my hotmail (it's ooooooold, like I got my address in 1997 when passwords were 4 characters and I needed no numbers after my name old). I really only used my gmail for android and that's it, so forwarding and using hotmail which for me works for push made sense. Plus when I had gmail I never had it working as push. It defaulted to fetch and wouldn't push at all...

Good luck!

11-03-11 11:18 PM
    question...to those that have iCloud ON your iphones. do you have set to FETCH or PUSH? all my emails set to FETCH and i turned off PUSH completely. but i noticed with icloud i can still set as fetch or push. let me know...thank you.
    11-04-11 07:01 AM
    Fetch nobody uses me.com email for me anyway...check that I have mine set to manual
    11-04-11 07:36 AM
    Fetch nobody uses me.com email for me anyway...check that I have mine set to manual
    thank you. i deleted 2 emails from my iphone last nite. have the icloud set to manual/gmail to fetch/and work AOL to fetch/ PUSH is completely OFF. i have forwarded my other 2 emails to gmail. its doing just fine. getting emails. i only left email alerts from crackberry. the rest ill check when i log on...not that important. i disconnected my phone today at 6am...it is now close to 9am...battery at 91%. this is a huge difference for me. the features i need and use on the iphone are set to ON. the rest that i dont use and kill battery are off. im glad..and looking forward for 5.0.1. ive read that many developers and those that have it are posting good reviews and battery life is much better.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-04-11 07:57 AM
621 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD