This is on the menu tonight:
    A PCWorld reader had a similar problem with a new iPhone 4S and took it to an Apple store. An employee ran a diagnostics check on the device. He stated that the process that allows the cellular connection was in a constant crash reboot state and it was eating the battery. The employee wiped the phone and asked the user to not restore from backup but to just do a sync to the device. After performing these steps, the phone has performed well.
    11-01-11 02:58 PM
    I am at usage 3hrs 55 mins standby 5hrs 30 mins....This is after an OS reset. Placing call with Apple tomorrow if no change at least get case number.
    and whats your percentage at right now? i do not see myself making it on an entire day with this phone
    11-01-11 03:07 PM
    I'd contact Apple if you continue to have problems. Mine easily lasts me a full day with moderate usage. If I barely used it, I'm sure it could last for two days. As I mentioned earlier, I made it almost 24 hours standby and had 19% left.
    11-01-11 03:12 PM
    I'd contact Apple if you continue to have problems. Mine easily lasts me a full day with moderate usage. If I barely used it, I'm sure it could last for two days. As I mentioned earlier, I made it almost 24 hours standby and had 19% left.
    wow i wish. i wonder if battery issue is with verizon cdma or only sprint. im on sprint. my friends with at&t have no complaints what so ever. 2 of my friends are on sprint and we do have battery issues. ive set all 4 of my email accounts on "fetch" and pretty much turned off everything i dont need or that uses a lot of battery. if i decide to get in contact with apple. should i call or go to the apple store?
    11-01-11 03:22 PM
    Go into the store if you have one near you. In my experience, customer service reps are more apt to help you if they have to look you in the face. But I've always heard great things about Apple customer service regardless.
    11-01-11 03:29 PM
    Go into the store if you have one near you. In my experience, customer service reps are more apt to help you if they have to look you in the face. But I've always heard great things about Apple customer service regardless.
    will do...i have plenty here in miami. we have them everywhere. i sure hope they do something to make things better. that PCWorld read sounds interesting. hopefully a simple diagnostic will make battery better. right now i had to connect phone to charge. always do at 4pm...so by the time i leave at 5pm battery at 40%-50%. around 3 pm battery was down to 23% right now 6 hours of usage and 11 hours of standby...
    11-01-11 03:37 PM
    Ah, right. Thanks.

Still, it seems my 'mockery' wasn't entirely wrong -

Apple genius: 'Turn off your phone' for better battery life | Fully Equipped - CNET Reviews

Looks like this is the next AntennaeGate, but without Jobs' testy emails to users blaming them for how they use the phone. There'll be months of denial from Apple and the Macoyltes to the problem, while the riff-raff disable settings to make their phone work as intended - and eventually Apple will take ownership of the problem and produce a fix. Until then, it's the tech equivalent of a rubber bumper...
    Yup. I am done. Don't want to get in the way of your agenda.

I suppose battery pulls were not a failing, right?

Good to see this is going to be overblown and grabbed onto like a dog chew toy by the anti apple people again. Heads up - antennagate was exaggerated too. I can't death grip my or my husbands phones to save my life. It was largely a body chemistry thing. I can't wear Timex watches because they all stop working within an hour due to my body chemistry.

Is that Timex's fault?

Time to go make use of the mute list...

I love the hypocrisy of the BB fans who ***** about media bias against RIM but when it's negative about Apple it's a different story.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 11-01-11 at 06:08 PM.
    11-01-11 06:04 PM
    I did experience some abnormal battery life after IOS 5 with the IP4. Yesterday at this time I had about 48% or so battery left. After turning off the time zone update I'm at 79%.

Usage 2h 8m
    Standby 15h 15m

Also since I do not get work e-mail on the phone I set my e-mail to manual fetch.
    11-01-11 10:31 PM
    Turned off time zone update 10/31 in the morning. Phone taken off charger late afternoon.
    Battery was in high 90's when I fell asleep 10/31 PM, accidentally left 4 apps running overnight (messages, mail, reminders and notes)
    Got up at 4 a.m. 11/1, battery was at 81%.
    Light use all day 11/1; a few calls, texts, read some emails, surfed a little, used Map app, browsed apps & downloaded an update from App Store, added tasks in 2Do, took some photos and tweaked with Water My Photo app (cool app, btw ).
    Did not put on charger.
    Battery was at 52% when I went to sleep last night, 11/1. (Spaced again and left 2 apps open, messages and mail).
    11/2, 4 a.m., battery at 43%.

So from about 5PM Monday 10/31 to (now) 6 a.m. Wednesday 11/2, that's over 36 hours on a single charge and still have 42% left.
    Nice
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 11-02-11 at 05:58 AM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-02-11 05:56 AM
    Subscribed in case I need to help the parents with any battery issues in iP4s. The iP4 running iOS5 has awesome battery life according to my mom. Can't wait to test the iP4s batt!
    11-02-11 05:58 AM
    Turned off time zone update 10/31 in the morning. Phone taken off charger late afternoon.
    Battery was in high 90's when I fell asleep 10/31 PM, accidentally left 4 apps running overnight (messages, mail, reminders and notes)
    Got up at 4 a.m. 11/1, battery was at 81%.
    Light use all day 11/1; a few calls, texts, read some emails, surfed a little, used Map app, browsed apps & downloaded an update from App Store, added tasks in 2Do, took some photos and tweaked with Water My Photo app (cool app, btw ).
    Did not put on charger.
    Battery was at 52% when I went to sleep last night, 11/1. (Spaced again and left 2 apps open, messages and mail).
    11/2, 4 a.m., battery at 43%.

So from about 5PM Monday 10/31 to (now) 6 a.m. Wednesday 11/2, that's over 36 hours on a single charge and still have 42% left.
    Nice
    That's great. That's what I call normal good battery
    11-02-11 06:00 AM
    Yes, I'm pleased! It's quite comparable to my Bold, which I felt had a good battery life ( at least it had that going for it by the end of our journey together )
    11-02-11 06:24 AM
    Okay killed the battery last night until the phone shut off. Full charge (actually showed 100% not 98%). Off the charge at 6:15. Will update later today.
    11-02-11 06:58 AM
    i took off charger since 6:15am. wifi is off. location is off for facebook and twitter as well. i downloaded an app this morning. received some emails via fetch. used web for like 2 minutes. it is now 8:35 and im at 84%
    11-02-11 07:37 AM
    I am now at 91% it's 9:32............
    11-02-11 08:32 AM
    took off @6am..its now 9:33am..im at 76%...i think something is up with mine..im on sprint FYI...i fee like deleting everything and starting all over...i read where this may help...or maybe just maybe i have a bad phone...what u think?
    11-02-11 08:35 AM
    i took off charger since 6:15am. wifi is off. location is off for facebook and twitter as well. i downloaded an app this morning. received some emails via fetch. used web for like 2 minutes. it is now 8:35 and im at 84%
    Have you done the calibration yet, where you do a full drain and charge? That also seemed to help mine. There's two sides to that argument, but since Apple recommends it once a month, I did it. Figured if it went south I could tell them I was only following directions.
    11-02-11 08:38 AM
    i have 2 aol accounts and 1 yahoo and 1 gmail. gmail is set up as microsoft exhange..you think i should add it as a normal email like aol and what not
    11-02-11 08:41 AM
    Have you done the calibration yet, where you do a full drain and charge? That also seemed to help mine. There's two sides to that argument, but since Apple recommends it once a month, I did it. Figured if it went south I could tell them I was only following directions.
    yup i did this after 1st week of getting the iphone4s...
    11-02-11 08:57 AM
    Just to get some perspective,

Last night my stats were

usage 5hr 14min
    standby 14 hours 19 min

35%

Would you consider this bad or good?

Coming form a blackberry i have no idea how to read into this...
    11-02-11 09:48 AM
    Update: took off charger this morning at 6am... Usage 1hr50mins standby 4hrs35mins...battery at 66%. Also I noticed my phone gets hot fast. And my friend just texted who has same phone on sprint like me...he is at 90% and took off charger at 7am this morning. Something is up with my phone
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-02-11 at 10:05 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-02-11 09:51 AM
    i have 2 aol accounts and 1 yahoo and 1 gmail. gmail is set up as microsoft exhange..you think i should add it as a normal email like aol and what not
    I have 3 Yahoo, 2 Gmail and one of the gmails is my exchange. All set to push every 15 minutes. So if you suspect email push is draining it, my thought would be not, but that's based on my use.

Also see you said your phone gets hot. Mine has never felt hot to the touch. Maybe someone else can chime in on that, but it sounds like that's an issue worth a trade before your time is up.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-02-11 10:32 AM
    I have 3 Yahoo, 2 Gmail and one of the gmails is my exchange. All set to push every 15 minutes. So if you suspect email push is draining it, my thought would be not, but that's based on my use.

Also see you said your phone gets hot. Mine has never felt hot to the touch. Maybe someone else can chime in on that, but it sounds like that's an issue worth a trade before your time is up.
    i have all emails set to fetch including gmail. my 14 day trial from sprint is over. right now phone is restoring via itunes. i want to start from fresh with a clean install of the iOS5. if nothing changes i shall go to apple store and get it checked or even swapped. i have patient with all of this as i recall my days with blackberry in loading up hybrids OS/shrinking/fixing stuff. my last resolution is always to go and get phone traded. but if i have to i will..its restoring as i type this. i know something is up...im not getting battery performance that most have stated here and not even close to my friend who is same city/same phone/same sprint/practically same settings. wish me luck
    11-02-11 10:42 AM
    I have never used fetch for email as I have always, always found my battery life was far worse than with push.

I'm using push, have used push from the start, been off charger since 11pm last night and have 82%

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-02-11 11:20 AM
    Thank god it is solved
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    11-02-11 11:51 AM
621 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD