just got a iphone 4 on monday and basically the battery has been draining pretty quick i have push turned off and wifi off, and i use it moderately, should i drain it till the phone turns itself off then do a full charge?
    09-16-10 11:19 AM
    I had the same problem because I synced my Hotmail up with the new push service. It's not push, just really really really rapid fetch, which kills the battery.
    09-16-10 11:31 AM
    It's possible you have apps running in the background, try closing out everything and see what happens. If it's still doing the same thing, you should take it back and exchange it. It sounds like there's something wrong with your battery.
    09-16-10 11:36 AM
    I had the same problem because I synced my Hotmail up with the new push service. It's not push, just really really really rapid fetch, which kills the battery.
    Not really. The way Activesync and BIS/BES works is similar, but different at the same time. BIS/BES is basically like another cell connection. The way it works is that once the RIM NOC's receive an email, they send it to the carrier, which pushes it out to the handset, similar to the way your phone would ring if a call comes in. That's why BBs tend to be so kind on battery life.

The connection via Activesync is a constant data connection, Activesync pushes the email to the handset once it receives an email. This process uses significantly more power, but it's not so much to kill your handset in a day with no usage, unless you are in a VERY weak signal area. Very weak signal means the phone has to use a lot more power to maintain the constant connection. By weak, I mean something like 110-113dB. BBs are not immune to this either though, although to a significantly lesser degree.

I have 4 email accounts set to push and if I use it like how I used to use my BB, I can easily get 2 days+. I don't use it like my BB though, I browse, watch videos, listen to music, play games, and I usually get a day. Aside from some games, watching Youtube I believe is the biggest battery killer I believe, using both heavy data downloading and video decryption and playback.
    09-16-10 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD