From my past iPhones I know I had to jailbreak it in order to have a % near the battery. Is this still true for the 3gS? Or am I just missing something. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 05:45 PM
    Nevermind. I found it.

10-25-09 06:01 PM
    So... Does it have to be jailbroken to have the %?

10-26-09 08:53 PM
    No it does not. It's under " usage"

10-26-09 10:51 PM
    For the 3GS only. If you have a 3G, then jailbreaking is the only way to get it.
    10-26-09 11:34 PM
    hi, i have a iphone 3g using firmware 3.12 and already jailbreak with blackrain. why i go to setting>Usage i dont see any battery %? anyway to show it? thanks!
    10-28-09 03:32 AM
    hi, i have a iphone 3g using firmware 3.12 and already jailbreak with blackrain. why i go to setting>Usage i dont see any battery %? anyway to show it? thanks!
    On a 3GS, it's Settings -> General -> Usage, the first option is to turn on battery percentage.

If that option isn't on the 3G's 3.1.2 firmware, then there's this option since you have it jailbroken:
    1) Go to Cydia (or get it through the blackra1n app), and search for SBSettings, download, install.
    2) Swipe the status bar on the top of the screen to access it. (YouTube this if it's confusing for you).
    3) Go to more, when the menu loads up, click options and extras, and turn on "Numeric Battery".
    4) Exit out and it will be there.
    Last edited by per se; 10-29-09 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Quoting someone.
    10-29-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD