I'm buying a used 3G 16GB iPhone from a medic friend of mine and he already has all the medical programs on there that I want.

The question that I have is: is there a way to backup the iPhone (willing to purchase 3rd party software) to my computer before syncing the iPhone to iTunes???

Thanks,

Jim
    06-19-09 07:15 AM
    i'm not sure that you can. itunes is the program that backs it up, i'll do some looking and see if i come up with anything.
    06-19-09 12:37 PM
    I'm buying a used 3G 16GB iPhone from a medic friend of mine and he already has all the medical programs on there that I want.

The question that I have is: is there a way to backup the iPhone (willing to purchase 3rd party software) to my computer before syncing the iPhone to iTunes???

Thanks,

Jim
    This can't be done as the 3rd party apps are installed when downloaded from App Store and they are specific to the persons account in the app store. If he wants to give you access to his app store account so you can authorize your computer on his account, you can. Otherwise, you will need to download them through your account. FYI, you may have to anyway due to app store changing the ability to download to more than one computer.
    06-19-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD