I am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
    Any help or advice would be greatly received.
    Thanks in advance.
    11-16-10 01:42 AM
    It ONLY restores the ones since the last back up and not any you have received since then.
    Last edited by ManikBhai; 11-17-10 at 12:00 PM.
    11-16-10 04:50 AM
    If you simply do a backup through iTunes on your 3GS and then restore to your iPhone 4 that should do the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 06:36 AM
    The process is very simple. Do one last sync with iTunes with your 3GS. When you plug in your i4, it will ask if you want to set up as a new device or restore from the most recent backup. If you choose the latter, it will put everything that was on your 3GS back onto your new i4 (assuming the space available on your new i4 is at least what's on your 3GS). I mean everything, photos, emails, apps, messages, even the way you ordered your springboard icons and all settings. I think the only thing it doesn't restore is passwords so you'll have to manually input those again.
    11-16-10 09:57 AM
    As always, Roo with the crowd pleaser! Excellent contributor to this forum.
    11-16-10 10:50 AM
    I have also experienced this situation but thanks to iPhone backup software, I get back my iPhone data in just few clicks. iPhone Tool Kits is an idea solution for backuping iPhone content. This profesional iPhone backup tool can help you back up iPhone SMS,contacts, call list, songs, videos, books, photos and so on to computer or iTunes.
    Good luck.
    11-16-10 08:25 PM
    I'm sure I you right click your phone icon in iTunes it brings up a couple of options. One of those should be backup. That's what I did when I got a replacement and it backed up everything. Good luck!!
    Besides what mentioned above, i like to share you a page about iPhone Transfer Backup Reviews, which included transferring iPhone contents to computer/iTunes.
    Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!
    Last edited by youjianyin; 07-17-11 at 12:33 AM.
    07-11-11 12:08 AM
    Doing a Google sync will also back up your contacts.
    09-30-11 07:33 AM
    By default your iPhone will automatically sync and create a backup each time your iPhone is connected to your computer. If you want to manually create an iPhone backup though, it is very easy.

How to start an iPhone backup:

Plug your iPhone into your computer
    Launch iTunes
    Select your iPhone in the ‘DEVICES’ list
    Right-Click on your iPhone
    Select “Back Up”
    Wait for iPhone backup to complete
    This will create a backup of your iPhone that you will be able to restore from later, and the procedure is the same in Mac OS or Windows. It is a good idea to create a current backup before you download and install the latest iOS version.

Good luck!
    11-17-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD