I have had my phone for just about a year now and I THOUGHT it had been backing up every time I would plug it into the compter, but I guess I was wrong and I just learned that the hard way when I lost everything.

So my questions IS!!!!!

Home computer Toshiba Laptop windows 7
    Work computer Dell desktop Windows xp

What do I need to do and what are the steps to make sure that EVERYTHING on my phone is backing up to these computers when I plug it in?!?!? I do not want to have to go threw this again..

Please & Thank you!!!
    06-03-11 02:58 PM
    Can't help you. I use a Mac, and it's like automatic. Back-ups go right into "time machine" via iTunes. Sorry, maybe a PC guy will see this thread.
    06-03-11 04:06 PM
    I think i got it I HOPE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOL fingers crossedddddddddddd
    06-03-11 04:33 PM
    It backs up whenever you connect it and "sync" on iTunes. You can restore a backup
    by going to the bar on the left, and when the device is highlighted, right click and
    you'll see the option.
    06-03-11 05:05 PM
    Thats what I thought but I have plugged it in SEVERAL times over the last year and when I had an issue there is no record of it ever backing up.. .so something went wrong, but I think I got it
    06-03-11 05:06 PM
    First things first...

I suggest you only 'truly' backup to the main computer that has your iTunes account and ALL your music, videos, apps, etc.

When you connect your iPhone, it will\should automatically backup. Failing that, right click on the iPhone (left hand side of iTunes), and choose Transfer Purchases. Once done, do the same, but choose Backup.

To verify backup date\time, in iTunes go to Edit \ Preferences \ Devices - it will show the date and time of the latest backup.
    06-05-11 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD