I picked up a white 32gb 3GS, and I couldn't be happier. I loved my run on RIM, but I think that it might finally be over. I thought that I loved my iPhone4, and sold that within a month and got a 9700. It was a good device, but, all good things come to an end.
    05-11-11 02:34 PM
    How come you keep downgrading? iphone 4>9700>3GS. Why not get the iphone 4 again!?

I've been a loyal RIM customer but just recently got the iphone4 for free and I must say, it's amazing! the web browsing, the apps, and the screen is just too hard to not like.
    05-11-11 06:29 PM
    I agree. Why would you get the iPhone 3GS and not the iphone4?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 09:43 PM
    i agree. yeah it's only $50, but i LOVED the flash on the camera and the screen. To me, it was worth the extra $150.
    05-12-11 12:18 AM
    maybe he got a used 3GS at a good price instead of full pop (600-700 depending on where he lives) for a 4.

05-12-11 05:09 AM
    maybe he got a used 3GS at a good price instead of full pop (600-700 depending on where he lives) for a 4.

This is almost correct. Our contract with AT&T will be up early next year, and my wife and I will move back to Verizon, who has superior service here. We will both get whatever iPhone they have to offer on VZW. I didn't want to renew my contract, so I hit up Craigslist. 3GS will hold me over until then.
    05-12-11 11:32 AM
    White phones are so ugly I would never own a white phone but to each his own

05-13-11 02:28 AM
    It really doesn't get any better than a white phone, at least for me. I had a white unlocked and factory unbranded Sony Ericsson W810i that I used back on our first run with Cingular/AT&T, and after seeing that, I was hooked on white phones. To each their own though, and I know that not everyone likes the white.

05-13-11 08:48 AM
    Is the next iphone a refresh or a stop gap? I mean I know no one really knows, but are there any hints or rumors ??
    05-13-11 09:28 AM
    Is the next iphone a refresh or a stop gap? I mean I know no one really knows, but are there any hints or rumors ??
    I'm pretty sure it's a refresh. Almost phone that has a subsequent model come after it is usually just a refresh. Probably won't see a big jump in differences from 1 year to the next. And when we do it's probably every couple years. Almost like cars (on a smaller scale) that keep mainly the same car for a few years and improve some things on the interior and and under the hood and then that 1 year they remake it and do it all over again.

There are so many rumors that you don't know what to believe. They go from the iPhone 5 having the same form factor as the 4 but with a 4 inch screen and slightly upgraded hardware to having an all aluminum body like the iPad and no change in screen size. I think the biggest thing to look forward is iOS 5 where it looks that Apple will unleash it's cloud services and address notifications and other improvements. Just my thoughts. Since the iPhone most likely will be able to use iOS 5 I will only get iPhone 5 if the hardware is vastly different and/or improved.
    05-13-11 11:10 AM
    White phones are so ugly I would never own a white phone but to each his own

I loved the 3gs in white but I didn't like the white ip4 at all (hated the look of the two tone face) until I saw it in person... It's puuuurdy!
    05-31-11 08:15 PM
    I loved the 3gs in white but I didn't like the white ip4 at all (hated the look of the two tone face) until I saw it in person... It's puuuurdy!
    I felt the same way. Liked it so much that I ended up getting it
    05-31-11 08:36 PM
    My OWN/personal/to each his own observation on the call quality and signal reception.
    iPhone 3GS is far better than the 4.
    Maybe because I don't have a bumper on the 4 and keeps it on a leather pouch?
    05-31-11 08:53 PM
    Speaking of call quality...anyone know what the iPhone call quality is like on VZW? I know in my area it typically six on AT&T, but would like to know if it's better on big red?

05-31-11 08:58 PM
    Speaking of call quality...anyone know what the iPhone call quality is like on VZW? I know in my area it typically six on AT&T, but would like to know if it's better on big red?

The call quality on Verizon is great. Just like having a wired wall phone. Biggest reason why I'd never switch to AT&T or any other carrier. Any phone I've ever used on the verizon network always had great call quality including the iPhone. I got a Sprint Palm Treo and it sucks. Good thing its a work phone though.
    05-31-11 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD