I just saw an ad for Siri. It was an old man (probably someone famous, I donno), and he was wearing a Grey suit sitting in a pretty boring chair in a Grey apartment...at first I thought it was gonna be making fun of the iPhone because it seemed like it was intentionally making it look boring as heck. But then he said "ahh...life" then Siri rambled on with advice about life.
    A pretty bad ad if you ask me. The worse apple ad I've seen in think. There might be some message behind it, or maybe it's some famous guy or something but for someone like me who doesn't know who he is...it was an anti-iphone ad in my opinion.
    I would post the link here but I can't find it. Sorry. If someone knows what commercial km talking to about, post the link if you can find it.

RIM will definitely beat this ad
    05-25-12 08:09 PM
    That old guy is John Malkovich
    John Malkovich - IMDb
    The Bold superheroes were way better.
    05-25-12 08:17 PM
    All phones have bad commercials lately.
    Haven't seen one good one in months.
    iPhone & this new boring one promoting Siri & Blackberry with that boring DigiTour founder & those Martinez brothers.

Verizon commercials for their droids kinda give me a chuckle, tho. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-25-12 08:21 PM
    There's only so much that can be said for devices that do basically the same thing.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-25-12 08:26 PM
    Bored are we...
    05-25-12 08:30 PM
    Saw a couple people using it the other night when i was out. It has its uses, not everyone is going to need them
    05-25-12 08:45 PM
    I've never seen anyone actually using siri in public. Do people really use it?
    05-25-12 08:48 PM
    Every time I've seen someone use it, it's my friends using it to make funny sentences that don't make sense because the voice recognition for tech isnt perfect. I've never seen it used for something useful or in public
    stevepar likes this.
    05-25-12 08:51 PM
    Saw a couple people using it the other night when i was out. It has its uses, not everyone is going to need them
    Why did you not lock this thread? you know it will bring heat on both sides..
    05-25-12 09:07 PM
    I used it a few times to look up recipes and other things.
    It's useful but def. not something that gets used on a everyday basis.
    05-25-12 09:25 PM
    I don't, and I'm sure most people don't, other than for the funny-value (especially since Siri has no location-awareness in Canada, still, making it useless for "finding" things); just like Face-Time, I've used it maybe twice in the 8 months I've had an iPhone. The wow-factor wears off pretty quickly (if you can't find a use for it).

But, given that, I'm sure there are people who do use these features, and it's something (voice-dictation & video-calling) BB10 should have.
    05-25-12 09:42 PM
    05-25-12 09:45 PM
    My wife always ends up swearing at Siri on her iPhone. It has yet to understand anything she asks it in any meaningful way. And yes, she speaks perfectly plain English.

Back on topic -- the last few rounds of iPhone and iPad commercials I've seen have been uncharacteristically lame as Apple products go. The newest Kindle Fire ad is simple but catchy, though. It tastefully shows what it does for $199. It got me to thinking, imagine if the PlayBook had been presented showing off some of its unique features, like a generic BBM chat via bridge being interrupted by an incoming phone call notification. There are ways that simple kind of stuff can be presented to look very slick. Instead they chose some lame-a$$ voice-over describing a bunch of things the PlayBook can do at the same time that the overwhelmingly vast majority of users would never, ever have the remotest desire to do at the same time.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 05-25-12 at 10:08 PM.
    05-25-12 10:06 PM
    I love calling her dirty names just to hear her reactions. As for any real use or help from her-- no comment. Ah... Why the heck... Comment-- she sucks. :-)
    05-26-12 06:19 AM
    I use my Siri all day long! It is the single best feature of this phone for me. This morning alone I've must've used it at least 15 times to send text messages and write on message boards. I also use it in the street, but must admit I'm very self-conscious about doing that. Mostly because I don't want people to think I'm "that" person and secondly because they steal iPhones here in New York City. Whenever people see me use it on the street, they mention the Samuel Jackson commercial that I've never seen.

Maybe I use my Siri a lot because I've only had my phone for three weeks and I'm still infatuated. However, this is primarily what made me keep this phone.
    Last edited by classc1; 05-26-12 at 09:41 AM.
    05-26-12 09:39 AM
    I just saw an ad for Siri. It was an old man (probably someone famous, I donno), and he was wearing a Grey suit sitting in a pretty boring chair in a Grey apartment...at first I thought it was gonna be making fun of the iPhone because it seemed like it was intentionally making it look boring as heck. But then he said "ahh...life" then Siri rambled on with advice about life.
    A pretty bad ad if you ask me. The worse apple ad I've seen in think. There might be some message behind it, or maybe it's some famous guy or something but for someone like me who doesn't know who he is...it was an anti-iphone ad in my opinion.
    I would post the link here but I can't find it. Sorry. If someone knows what commercial km talking to about, post the link if you can find it.

Bait thread huh....
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-26-12 10:34 AM
    well i saw my cousin ask where to dump a body yesterday...
    and the answers were all logical ... so i guess it works
    05-27-12 10:39 PM
    Yep cause a woman in a short skirt telling us she gets 300 emails a day totally blows away a virtual assistant that can do just about anything.

Yes. I use it all the time in public. I get Siri to set reminders, dictate texts and find stuff when I'm out and about.
    05-29-12 10:05 AM
    I've never been a fan of voice command apps but I do know some people who use siri regularly. I've been pretty surprised at how bad the siri ads have been. Apple usually nails their advertising although it has been getting stale in general lately.
    05-29-12 10:25 AM
    The worst thing in this thread is that someone doesn't know who John Friggin' Malkovich is.
    05-29-12 05:52 PM
    That old guy is John Malkovich
    John Malkovich - IMDb
    The Bold superheroes were way better.
    This is the creepiest phone commercial out there right now.

I knew he was an actor but couldn't quite remember who it was.

He comes off as lonely, having conversations with his phone. Asking it to tell him a joke and almost flirting with it.

It's like he has an iPhone fetish. It just creeps me out.
    06-04-12 07:06 AM
    Back on topic -- the last few rounds of iPhone and iPad commercials I've seen have been uncharacteristically lame as Apple products go.
    I completely agree. I haven't liked any of the iPhone ads since the 4s launched. I think they are poor in comparison to their older ads.

And yet they continue to sell...Surprising, because many on here think Apple is all marketing fluff..
    06-04-12 07:38 AM
    I use Siri a fair bit, I don't really see a problem with advertising the feature.
    06-04-12 07:46 AM
    the new batch is from sprint i think so its not up to VZW and ATT standards lol
    06-04-12 07:57 AM
    Great now I can't get the commercial out of my head.

That creepy old dude laughing at a lame joke his phone told. Oh Siri, you make me laugh.

Is it something I said?

The next scene should be him nude in his bed with the iPhone on silk pillows.
    06-04-12 08:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD