Engadget just reported
    We've been tipped that Apple may now be blocking third-party retailers from taking pre-orders altogether tomorrow. RadioShack already changed its story on us, and now Best Buy locations have started doing the same, telling us that they definitely won't be taking pre-orders tomorrow but may be by the end of the week. Bottom line -- hit up Apple's website in the morning.
    How to: pre-order the iPhone 4 (update: third-party retailers best avoided) -- Engadget
    06-14-10 08:14 PM
    Yeah I wouldn't have gone anywhere but Apple for ordering tomorrow. The best and most convenient way is the site.
    06-14-10 09:51 PM
    Negative on best buy, we are taking pre-orders, well the one in the city atlest (Manhattan) can't say for other states.

Why do I know? I work there.
    06-15-10 04:02 PM
    i just took a pre-order at bestbuy. I hope all goes well
    06-15-10 09:01 PM
    i just took a pre-order at bestbuy. I hope all goes well
    So did my wife. They told her there would be no problem at all.
    06-15-10 09:08 PM
    thanks for the reassurance =D
    06-15-10 09:44 PM
    I also did a preorder at Best Buy
    06-15-10 09:57 PM
    Radio Shack is apparently all sold out of the THREE MILLION iPhone 4's they had. What the...
    06-16-10 09:35 AM
    I was second in line at Best Buy Yesterday for my preorder. They make you buy a $50 gift card which you can bring back and apply towards the phone. Wierd but works.
    06-16-10 10:31 AM
    Preorders came and gone for the 15th and guess what best buy had them
    I was first in line and in & out in about 3 minutes. I'm scheduled
    to pick up my 4G on the 24th oh June....
    06-16-10 10:36 AM
    I'm glad I was able to get my order in yesterday evening for both my phones. I had a reservation at the Apple store as well just in case. But I got my order acknowlegdement and Apple has already charged me for them so I should be good. I'm glad because I don't have to go in the store and deal with all the people and over-the-top Apple employees.

Another interesting thing as well. One of my lines was only eligible for early upgrade at the reduced price (399). So I was good with that. And all day yesterday while trying to put an order through on that line Apple's site kept giving me the 399 rate but the site would go down and I'd have to start over. So yesterday evening around 9, I tried it again and this time it gave me 199 as the price I was eligible for so of course I was shocked but happy. I'm thinking to myself "go through, go through". Because I didn't want to start over again nor lose the price. Well, it went through. Paid only 199 got my confirmation and set for 24th delivery. Now I'm glad that it didn't work all day yesterday.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-16-10 at 11:24 AM.
    06-16-10 10:44 AM
    Preorders came and gone for the 15th and guess what best buy had them
    I was first in line and in & out in about 3 minutes. I'm scheduled
    to pick up my 4G on the 24th oh June....
    its an article I found, thats all. In any event, bestbuy has pretty much acknowledged they goofed and allowed white iphone preorders when they shouldnt and people are going to have the option to switch to the black version or wait for the white model when it does arrive
    06-16-10 01:05 PM
    I think best buy messed up. They are taking preorders for everything but I highly doubt they are getting the white on release day. Read the below.

Best Buy put up an FAQ regarding the pre orders:
    BBY - iPhone 4 Pre-order FAQ - Best Buy Forum

What if I already pre-ordered a white iPhone 4 at Best Buy?

If you have already pre-ordered either the iPhone 4 16GB White (SKU: 1039203) or iPhone 4 32GB White (SKU: 1049294), then your pre-order is still valid. You will receive your phone once the store receives the product from Apple. This may or may not be on launch day, June 24th, 2010.

If I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 at Best Buy, will I get it on launch day, June 24th, 2010?
    This is not guaranteed and is completely dependent on how many the store receives from Apple. Any inventory received will be used to fulfill outstanding pre-orders in the order they were placed. For example, if the store has twenty pre-orders on launch day but only received fifteen phones from Apple, then the first fifteen pre-orders should receive their phone on launch day.

Will Best Buy receive inventory of the white iPhone 4 on launch day, June 24th, 2010?
    This is not guaranteed and is completely dependent on when the product is received from Apple. While we have ordered all versions of the iPhone 4 from Apple, we can only sell what we are provided with.
    06-16-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD