According to the ATT CSR I just spoke with, mine is the first call she has heard of regarding a problem with the proximity sensor on the iPhone4. She said she even checked to see if there was a bulletin or something in the system, but apparently I'm the first to call them about it...
    08-27-10 07:06 PM
    There would not be a bulletin unless a decent percentage of people called in and APPLE acknowledged it.
    08-27-10 08:18 PM
    Call Apple. You're supposed to get warranty and tech support from them for iPhone.
    08-27-10 09:50 PM
    lol They're probably lying.

They like to play dumb when I call to complain about calls failed over the last 2 or so years...
    08-27-10 10:47 PM
    How is it instantly presumed lying? There was probably no Apple bulletin issued to ATT stores. Also, ATT reps have zero duty to service iphones; that's part of ATT's contract with Apple that Apple does 100% of the servicing, so why would they even know or be required to know?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 08-28-10 at 10:55 AM.
    08-28-10 10:49 AM
    ATT employees are dumb and never aware of anything. call apple next time.
    08-29-10 02:09 PM
    ATT employees have no obligation to know, thats how Apple/ATT set up their contract. Apple wanted to take 100% responsibility for repair and troubleshooting of their own devices.

If you have an iphone issue ATT reps direct you to Apple (or an Apple store) for solutions. It's just how their contract was set up.

Cant blame the reps for not knowing; they have no reason or responsibility to as ATT doesnt address iphone issues.
    08-29-10 02:14 PM
    MOST at&t reps are *******. They just sell phones and could care less about forums and the like. I, on the other hand, check and participate in several forums and blogs so I can know all the stuff people are saying about the phones.
    08-29-10 02:15 PM
    Call Apple. I never use to deal with AT&T when I had the iPhone.
    08-29-10 02:18 PM
    Apple's been aware of this problem from almost the very beginning. They are fixing it in the next software update.

Apple To Fix iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor Issue In The Next iPhone Software Update - iPhone Hacks
    08-29-10 05:06 PM
    I used to be an AT&T CSR until recently. It always annoyed me when people got all mad we couldn't do anything to service their phones. Sorry but that's just how it goes when you buy a product with a dictator like Jobs...and I Have an iPhone too.

I also experience the proximity sensor problem to an annoying degree and my boyfriend who still works at at&t used to think I was making it up. No one complains to at&t about it where he works because by now everybody knows the drill, if there's a problem, go to Apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 02:23 AM
    sounds like a trip to an apple store is the best way to go..
    an Apple genius can assess your phone on the spot and recommend repairs right away
    09-01-10 06:16 AM
    According to the ATT CSR I just spoke with, mine is the first call she has heard of regarding a problem with the proximity sensor on the iPhone4. She said she even checked to see if there was a bulletin or something in the system, but apparently I'm the first to call them about it...

Hmm.. I have yet to have any issues with the signal "grip of death", nor any issues withe sensor, nor bluetooth.
    09-06-10 08:43 PM
    I think the proximity sensor problem is dependent a bit on a persons head/ear shape and the way they hold the phone (don't hold it that way.... again LOL). Apple moved the sensor from the side of the speaker to the top and probably made it too sensitive to ambient light. I noticed that if I'm out in bright sunlight, and I hold the phone a certain way, I can make it turn the screen on. I have to do it on purpose though, it doesn't happen when I use my phone normally. They're releasing a fix for it in a day or two so it should be a non-issue.
    09-06-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD