Hey is it true that ATT doesn't do the same thing as Verizon wireless were the longer you keep your phone/contract the less the ETF will be. Just curious, when I was dealing with the bitter Verizon rep he said you could have two weeks left on your ATT contract and they would still charge you the $ 200 ETF
    07-04-09 10:44 PM
    Hey is it true that ATT doesn't do the same thing as Verizon wireless were the longer you keep your phone/contract the less the ETF will be. Just curious, when I was dealing with the bitter Verizon rep he said you could have two weeks left on your ATT contract and they would still charge you the $ 200 ETF
    So now we know Verizon reps lie... in fact, at&t had that plan before Verizon, not sure who rolled it out first though. It's goes down $5 every month, if my memory serves correctly. I'll double check... if I'm wrong, I'll update. If I'm correct, you won't hear from me.
    07-05-09 12:32 AM
    So now we know Verizon reps lie... in fact, at&t had that plan before Verizon, not sure who rolled it out first though. It's goes down $5 every month, if my memory serves correctly. I'll double check... if I'm wrong, I'll update. If I'm correct, you won't hear from me.

1 year into my contract and the etf was 183 after tax... for me.. this was fairly recent if this is the case then I may want to go back and get some money back
    Last edited by noaim; 07-05-09 at 12:54 AM.
    07-05-09 12:48 AM
    That's what I thought I remember reading awhile ago that it is now manditory that cellphone companies take money based off of the remaining time left on the contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 01:21 AM
    I'm 3 months into my contract and they told me my etf was 165.

07-05-09 01:58 AM
    That's what I thought I remember reading awhile ago that it is now manditory that cellphone companies take money based off of the remaining time left on the contract.

its supposed to be some sort of US law now so it should be across the board
    07-05-09 11:27 AM
    Yeah thats what I thought because people were getting burned.
    07-05-09 11:37 AM
    1 year into my contract and the etf was 183 after tax... for me.. this was fairly recent if this is the case then I may want to go back and get some money back
    If over a year is recent, then sure.

The exact month might have been may of last year (for new contracts).
    07-05-09 11:37 AM
    This is true for Sprint as well. The EFT is prorated by the amount of time you have left on your contract. The only company that does not offer prorated EFT is Tmobile, I had to shell out 200 per line minus the amout I paid up front for my flex pay acct.I ended up paying 205 EFT for two lines, I think that was fair for what I could have paid.

07-05-09 11:55 AM
    I canceled two of my four lines on Alltel in December. I had to pay $200 for each line, no prorated ETF's for me I guess.
    07-05-09 12:18 PM
    Really? You should look into that. That doesn't seem right. Like I said I am pretty sure its a law and not a choice. People have things that come up in their lives. They lose their job ETC, and the government didn't want to see people getting screwed.
    07-05-09 12:24 PM
    Really? You should look into that. That doesn't seem right. Like I said I am pretty sure its a law and not a choice. People have things that come up in their lives. They lose their job ETC, and the government didn't want to see people getting screwed.
    If there is a law, that would only have applied to new lines. I'm sure the guy above had his lines prior to any law being passed. This wouldn't apply to current lines.
    07-05-09 12:32 PM
    Good point. Never thought of that.
    07-05-09 12:35 PM
    As of may of last year, all ETF's have to be prorated by law. So it applies to any line upgraded or activated after that date. It's an FCC law

07-05-09 02:54 PM
    Thanks for the info that's good to know

07-05-09 05:39 PM
    Tax? I've never paid an ETF, but do they really charge tax on it? Are you in a place where services (and I even use that term loosely) can be taxed?
    07-06-09 05:38 PM
    When i signed up for verzion the told me the etf goes down every month, the guy at att didnt say anything about it...
    07-07-09 09:17 PM
    Tax? I've never paid an ETF, but do they really charge tax on it? Are you in a place where services (and I even use that term loosely) can be taxed?

had to be some sort of tax... etf is 175... and it came to 183 with a initial balance of 0 on the same day of end of month..

whatever no biggy my account was in place before the etf decent existed..

all fair all well
    07-21-09 12:35 AM
    had to be some sort of tax... etf is 175... and it came to 183 with a initial balance of 0 on the same day of end of month..

whatever no biggy my account was in place before the etf decent existed..

all fair all well
    Correct... taxes are charged on the the bill, so technically it is charged on the ETF.
    07-21-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD