I have t mobile and now apple is being and selling iPhones unlocked to us i know my blackberry says 'GSM' all the time and I had another old iPhone that worked with t mobile so does this mean the unlocked iPhone 4s would too ??
    05-04-12 04:15 PM
    Yes, but it would only work on EDGE.. No 3G data as T-Mobile uses different bands for their 3G services.
    05-04-12 04:31 PM
    i don't think i care to much for the whole 4g v 3g in the end anyways my phone usually runs on edge right now
    05-04-12 04:57 PM
    i guess you can't send mms either and the whole slot for the sim is way smaller?
    05-04-12 11:58 PM
    You can get a micro sim at your local TMo store. My store did not charge me.

I use an unlocked one on Edge speeds in the US. I bought the 64gb version from a US Apple store with Apple care for the warranty.

A huge benefit is that on Edge speeds the battery lasts about twice as long. I use about 5000 mins a month talk time and that extra battery life means a lot. When I travel I am almost always on wifi so no big deal in a hotel or cafe.

MMS do not work (at least for me). One of my best friends lives in Switzerland. We communicate for free with iMessage and facetime. Imessage allows transfer of pics and video with no limits. You can iMessage anyone with an updated iPhone that has iMessage.

Another benefit is when you go overseas you can buy a local prepaid sim and use the phone for cheap there.

I have, not once, wished I was using 3G or required faster Internet. The Edge speeds on TMo are fine for me, but may not be fine for you. To compare, the Edge speed browser on iPhone is about as fast as the 3G browser on BB 9780. iPhone might be faster to be honest.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
    05-05-12 08:11 AM
    i don't think i care to much for the whole 4g v 3g in the end anyways my phone usually runs on edge right now
    Running a BlackBerry on EDGE is a whole different experience than Running a iPhone on Edge. A painful 1 to be exact.
    05-05-12 11:46 AM
    T-Mobile are currently in the process of refarming their 1900mhz pcs network to support 1900mhz 3G. In northern CA there is a chance that you will already have 3G service on an iPhone on t-mob network as it was the first area they converted.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-09-12 at 08:52 PM.
    05-07-12 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD