Facebook welcomed an additional million iPhone owners on Christmas (Facebook for iPhone includes all iOS devices?). In fact Apple had a pretty impressive December all together.
    Wonder what the numbers will be, yikes.
    12-27-10 12:56 PM
    WoW that's pretty darn impressive and shocking considering how everyone thought consumer reports thoughts on not recommending the iPhone actually carried real weight. This proves my point that, that magazine is worthless to true consumers of today who never read that stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 03:04 PM
    Yea that's all iDevices. I got an iPod my parents got an iPad and my sister got an iPhone. I have a feeling a lot of families were like that. They're great gifts that really aren't to expensive

12-28-10 01:38 AM
    Pretty damn impressive, good for Apple, and screw consumer reports... any of us that have had the i4 know the whole antennagate thing was blown completely out of proportion lol
    12-28-10 09:59 AM
    wow, it looks like it was close to when the iphone 4 was released. I think the number was 1.7 Million phones in 3 days.
    12-28-10 10:27 AM
    Not bad!
    12-30-10 07:13 PM
    Seriously, iPhone is what ha made smart phones popular. I bought a iphone4 for my mother and who wonders she loves it and swears that she will never have another smartphone. She had a Nokia E71 for 12 months and found it hard to use. Apple made the smartphone easy. That said, the windows 7 phones are looking very cool and very user friendly to use. They are going to start making in roads, especially if their app counts start to mount. FYI, I am somewhat of an Apple fanboi

12-31-10 03:53 AM
    Facebook records ipod touches as iphones, so that number may be quite a bit off. I'm sure lots of people got iphones for Christmas from their parents, but I imagine a great deal more got ipods.

12-31-10 10:44 AM
    Facebook records ipod touches as iphones, so that number may be quite a bit off. I'm sure lots of people got iphones for Christmas from their parents, but I imagine a great deal more got ipods.

iTouch or iPhone, it's all iOS and that is what the chart is showing. I can not tell you how many people that i have talked to that started with an iTouch and that made them want the iPhone.
    12-31-10 10:51 AM
    iTouch or iPhone, it's all iOS and that is what the chart is showing. I can not tell you how many people that i have talked to that started with an iTouch and that made them want the iPhone.
    The original post mentions that it's all ios devices, but the thread title says "Apple's iPhone numbers explode on Christmas." which is not shown by the numbers. Actually I bet most of those are actually ipad owners - I bet there'll be some mad folks there when ipad 2 come out in Feb lol.
    My ipod touch convinced me that I definitely don't want an iPhone, but they are certainly nice devices that have a use (games, etc).

12-31-10 10:58 AM
    The original post mentions that it's all ios devices, but the thread title says "Apple's iPhone numbers explode on Christmas." which is not shown by the numbers. Actually I bet most of those are actually ipad owners - I bet there'll be some mad folks there when ipad 2 come out in Feb lol.
    My ipod touch convinced me that I definitely don't want an iPhone, but they are certainly nice devices that have a use (games, etc).

Again it's not really important what iOS device people are using. Apple is winning mind share with all of their iOS devices and that is what is really important. Keep in mind I have nothing against RIM I just like Apple better.
    12-31-10 11:16 AM
    Again it's not really important what iOS device people are using. Apple is winning mind share with all of their iOS devices and that is what is really important. Keep in mind I have nothing against RIM I just like Apple better.
    And I have nothing against Apple (although I don't like how restrictive they make products which are so ingenious), I just prefer BlackBerrys
    I think it is important which iDevice is being used tho. An ipad is significantly different from an iphone, and as far as usage goes an ipod touch is very different from an iphone. I know lots of people with an ipod touch who have no desire for an iphone; the touch is a happy medium between having the cool games of iphone while having a different phone.
    You're right about "mind-share," I'm just disagreeing with the title of this thread

12-31-10 11:28 AM

Correct it should read iOS devices not iPhone. My bad, wonder if there is a breakdown somewhere.
    12-31-10 04:20 PM
    Correct it should read iOS devices not iPhone. My bad, wonder if there is a breakdown somewhere.
    That would be cool to see; I bet ipad did amazing, and itouch and iphone still did much better than most other phones. If Verizon had got it before Christmas the number would be way freaking higher.
    Regardless, Apple had a very good Christmas. I'm still waiting for a 4.2.1 jailbreak for my iPod as a late Christmas gift
    12-31-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD