Spare battery? How it take time before old battery is dead? Year or more? I can change battery at Apple service. Yes, it will cost more than purchase new battery for BB, but this is not tragedy.

NSA... Fingerprints stored on device, not on server. There is no fingerprint scan, there is hash of it. I guess you don't know anything about security. If you can restore array of data from md5 hash, then you invent new compression algorithm that allow store gigabytes of data in 32 bytes.

Where all of these peoples that uses NFC? Is possible to use BB as credit card with NFC chip? No??? Currently NFC is a toy in smartphone
    09-11-13 02:05 PM
    We'll agree to disagree. I am seriously not impressed by this device in any way.
    That's because you can't be objective.

"64 bit architecture?!? Bahh!!!! Where's the peek and flow?!?"
    09-11-13 02:37 PM
    As for NFC, are people still going on about that? Listen...NFC will become a thing IF apple decides to adopt it. Not before.
    09-11-13 02:38 PM
    You know what most impressed me about yesterday's announcements?

"iOS 7 will be available SEPTEMBER 17th."

Just think about that a second. A DATE! Not "coming soon" or "the end of summer." A DATE! A particular day when a radical NEW operating system will be available for your phone.

When it comes to execution, Apple makes BlackBerry look like pants-pi55ing school children.
    09-11-13 02:42 PM
    That's your opinion. You're entitled.
    Geez thanks.
    09-11-13 03:49 PM
    I'm not impressed with the device and that's why I switched however from reading the rumors I knew what was coming.
    It's an expensive device and they will sell a ton. The internet is buzzing and every news site has 5-6 articles on it.
    Crackberry fans keep posting about the iPhone by saying they don't care. Why keep posting in the first place?

Technology junkies won't buy this phone. There are better offerings however the general public will probably go for it. Two there months from now this iPhone 5c will be $0 on a contract.

Apple Marketing did what they do best, create a buzz on the internet which you can't say about Blackberry Marketing and that impresses me about Apple. Good for them.
    09-11-13 04:52 PM
    One of my friends watched the apple event, 10 minutes after went out and got a HTC one. I still believe the one to be king at this point. LG is headed in the right direction and the Sony screens are amazing.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-11-13 05:04 PM
    I haven't insulted anyone except the people calling the shots at BBRY.I questioned a person's objectivity, but that's hardly an insult.
    09-11-13 08:51 PM
    Spare battery? How it take time before old battery is dead? Year or more? I can change battery at Apple service. Yes, it will cost more than purchase new battery for BB, but this is not tragedy.

NSA... Fingerprints stored on device, not on server. There is no fingerprint scan, there is hash of it. I guess you don't know anything about security. If you can restore array of data from md5 hash, then you invent new compression algorithm that allow store gigabytes of data in 32 bytes.

Where all of these peoples that uses NFC? Is possible to use BB as credit card with NFC chip? No??? Currently NFC is a toy in smartphone
    Just to answer your last question, if you have a 9900 and a CIBC Visa credit card account, yes you can use nfc on your BlackBerry for payment. There may be other implementations as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:08 PM
    No need for NFC? I think 2,500,000,023 (or so) Asians may disagree over the next few years. I already have NFC in my Visa and new passport.

BBM Money Hits 60,000 Registered Users in 90 Days Since Launch (Indonesia) - BerryReview
    anon4287986 likes this.
    09-11-13 09:31 PM
    Does the 5c have the finger print scanner or is that just a 5s thing?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:40 PM
    Does the 5c have the finger print scanner or is that just a 5s thing?

Posted via CB10
    Its just the 5s that I can see.
    09-11-13 09:44 PM
    NFC is utilized by many people for many things in today's world. Don't be ignorant. Just because Apple didn't implement it on their new phone doesn't mean it doesn't have significance. I'm certain when Apple does finally include it, the world will hail it as innovation and an important step towards the future as well as you boasting proudly about it.
    Ditto on NFC. I've traveled to lots of countries where NFC is really prevalent, from using vending machines, to convenience stores, to public transportation, etc. This idea that NFC is not popular just because Apple hasn't implemented it is just stupid.

Posted via CB10
    anon4287986 likes this.
    09-11-13 10:25 PM
    Just think about that a second. A DATE! Not "coming soon" or "the end of summer." A DATE! A particular day when a radical NEW operating system will be available for your phone.
    Um..... are you familiar with the definition of "radical"?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:29 PM
    Ditto on NFC. I've traveled to lots of countries where NFC is really prevalent, from using vending machines, to convenience stores, to public transportation, etc. This idea that NFC is not popular just because Apple hasn't implemented it is just stupid.

Posted via CB10
    How many actions you need to do to pay by NFC via phone?

Unlock, enter password, enable NFC, launch application, confirm purchase, yes?

Compare this with NFC CC payment - open wallet, get CC, pay.

If there something wrong with your NFC payment from smartphone - where to send complain? 3rd party app developer?

Apple will not launch NFC before this technology has been wide spreading and security will be fine. They do not need legal actions from peoples, who loose their smartphones.

Fingerprint scanner - first step to NFC in Apple smartphones. If all be ok with that scanner, next generation will get NFC for mobile payments and out-of-box solution from Apple.

As I can see - Apple never used half-baked technologies. Only when it ready to use.
    09-12-13 01:24 AM
    How many actions you need to do to pay by NFC via phone?

Unlock, enter password, enable NFC, launch application, confirm purchase, yes?

Compare this with NFC CC payment - open wallet, get CC, pay.

If there something wrong with your NFC payment from smartphone - where to send complain? 3rd party app developer?

Apple will not launch NFC before this technology has been wide spreading and security will be fine. They do not need legal actions from peoples, who loose their smartphones.

Fingerprint scanner - first step to NFC in Apple smartphones. If all be ok with that scanner, next generation will get NFC for mobile payments and out-of-box solution from Apple.

As I can see - Apple never used half-baked technologies. Only when it ready to use.
    Okay, so I'm assuming that you don't know how NFC works. Half of your questions don't make sense, and the rest is just wild speculation. For example, why would you need to turn on and unlock the phone each time you are going to use NFC? You can actually leave it on, you know. Again, as I said before, if you dismiss it outright just because Apple doesn't use it, then you are just advertising your own ignorance. And as far as Apple not using half-baked technologies..... *cough*maps*cough*

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 02:13 AM
    Okay, so I'm assuming that you don't know how NFC works. Half of your questions don't make sense, and the rest is just wild speculation. For example, why would you need to turn on and unlock the phone each time you are going to use NFC? You can actually leave it on, you know. Again, as I said before, if you dismiss it outright just because Apple doesn't use it, then you are just advertising your own ignorance. And as far as Apple not using half-baked technologies..... *cough*maps*cough*

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget *cough cough* passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 02:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, no! There is no authorization on NFC payment via smartphone??? This is security breach! Someone can pay via my lost smartphone????
    09-12-13 03:00 AM
    Gold color iPhone will be huge in China and Asia. Its a status symbol.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 04:56 AM
    Yawntacular event.
    Best comment today..!

From the Z...
    09-12-13 08:28 AM
    About NFC... It'll prove to be one of the fastest growing aspect of mobile payments... those who deem it useless because the iPhone doesn't support it will be in for a surprise the coming years..!

From the Z...
    09-12-13 08:32 AM
    Oh, no! There is no authorization on NFC payment via smartphone??? This is security breach! Someone can pay via my lost smartphone????
    Perhaps you should Google this if you're actually interested, since it depends on the implementation - I do know that some require a security code to be input within a certain time period if the transaction is above a certain dollar amount.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:45 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe NFC purchases can be tied to carrier billing, like app purchases. The carriers would be all over that action.
    09-12-13 02:01 PM
73 123