So just throwing this out there. So with all the bad press that apple's been receiving in terms of the hacked iCloud and now their "flex fit" iPhone 6 pluses, do you guys think this will have any positive effect on BB10 device sales? I just feel like one of 3 things will happen:

1) iUsers will just swap out their flexible phones for a replacement
    2) They'll opt for a smaller version 6 that's harder to bend
    3) They'll move to android

As far as iCloud is concerned I hear most people saying it can just be switched off so that's not enough to sway them, but regardless I doubt that the blackberry passport has the appeal to take advantage of this situation. Most Comments or thoughts on the device fall into a) I really want this or b) this is a horrible looking/designed device. I want nothing but success but their reputation alone still hinders their device sales. Maybe it's a little early to be talking about this but I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Pimp slappin iGeeks and Droinerds with my Q10
    09-25-14 10:00 AM
    09-25-14 10:03 AM
    You can add the iOS 8.0.1 update that disconnected cellular service and wifi issues for the recent problems with the iPhone 6 and 6+.

These issues will probably help Android and Windows Phone far more than Blackberry, at least in the US. A Few of my colleagues (all enterprise software developers) are very pissed at Apple now and mentioned going to Android or Windows Phone.

As far as iCloud, it probably has negligible impact. Users don't have to use it and Blackberry has no similar service to offer as a replacement.

As for me I got bit by the 8.0.1 update issue, but it took me 30 minutes to correct and I 'm still in love with my iPhone 6. I do think Apple is getting a little sloppy, and that needs to change PDQ.
    Last edited by co4nd; 09-25-14 at 10:21 AM.
    09-25-14 10:09 AM
    BlackBerry has a reputation that the media gave them. They fell behind for a bit and now they're back on task.

Apple and Android took more than two years to take hold on the marketplace. Let's see what BlackBerry does.

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    09-25-14 10:13 AM
    I guess when Blackberry sell 10 million phones in a year (let alone 1 weekend) the media might start to pay attention.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    09-25-14 11:37 AM
    BlackBerry has a reputation that the media gave them.
    You feel the media is the biggest reason for BBRY's current reputation?
    xandermac likes this.
    09-27-14 12:26 AM
    Where have u been? apple gets a lot of bad press every year...it's not new
    09-30-14 01:26 PM
    they get some bad-ish press, but rarely a full on attack. even the apple maps fiasco blew over quickly. broadwell chips delayed? no big deal. delayed macbook air retinas? barely mentioned, if any blame assigned it went to intel. no exact release date for apple watch? nobody minded.
    Well since Intel designs and fabricates the broadwell chips, how is it Apple's fault they were delayed? And Apple has never told anyone they should expect retina airs, so I'm not sure how you can call those "delayed."

Apple Maps was an out and out fiasco. Scott Forstall was fired for refusing to accept responsibility. But it blew over because it came inside an otherwise perfectly functional phone that everyone loved, and like all software using crowd-sourced data, it has gotten better with age.

So yeah. I'm not really understanding your question.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-14 01:53 AM
    Sorry. Double post.
    11-04-14 01:57 AM
    I called them "delayed" because street analysts were expecting them before 2015. Apple hasn't ever announced a retina macbook air.

Apple maps was more than a fiasco, it was a disaster. Crowsourced data wasn't the issue, it was bad programming code, it was bad graphics, it was bad local-business info. The problems with apple maps shouldn't be heaped on "crowd sourcing". Apple's had other missteps that have been brushed aside, including but not limited to, iPhone 6+ bending, iPhone 6 grabbing facial hair,
    Okay. The bending and facial hair thing is a joke. Right. You're joking. You must be.

And again...Intel makes the broadwell chips. How can it be Apple's fault that they're delayed?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-04-14 10:42 PM