I know, I know Apple will sell millions of iphone 6 and 6+. However, for the first time they took a media shot after their iphone 6 reveal. Let me explain! The National last night showed Cook reveal the device, Apple Pay, and the watch etc. Then they showed the line ups and the normal Apple hype as expected. Now the National and especially Amanda Lang and her facial expressions of doom and gloom are always hard on BlackBerry and kind to Apple. But last night, after the Apple push, they went to show how other devices have been providing these perks for quite some time, and what Apple calls innovation may not be innovation at all but simply an attempt to catch up.......WOW! Finally someone in the mainstream media said what had to be said!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    09-10-14 03:34 PM
    What I've found very interesting since yesterday is that the media tends to be extremely positive about Apple (wonder who is sponsoring them...) yet when you read the comments below the stories you get a much different picture. For example: The New iPhone May Finally Persuade Die-Hard Android Users To Quit
    09-10-14 03:40 PM
    Investors, people who have interest in the industry and Apple itself knows the Iphone handset is not the future growth of Apple. Thats why they debuted the Apple watch and Apple payments with so much fanfare. Provide a new product category for growth and get a cut of e-commerce via the Apple ecosystem thats where its at. Go grocery shopping - Apple gets a cut, pay your bills online via your watch/phone/tablet Apple gets a cut. $$$.
    09-10-14 03:49 PM
    Investors, people who have interest in the industry and Apple itself knows the Iphone handset is not the future growth of Apple. Thats why they debuted the Apple watch and Apple payments with so much fanfare. Provide a new product category for growth and get a cut of e-commerce via the Apple ecosystem thats where its at. Go grocery shopping - Apple gets a cut, pay your bills online via your watch/phone/tablet Apple gets a cut. $$$.
    Repeat income / steady revenue stream is where it's at. One-off phone sales can't match that...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-10-14 03:54 PM
    Repeat income / steady revenue stream is where it's at. One-off phone sales can't match that...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Exactly. Eventually they won't need a partnership with Visa/MC/Discover/Amex , become their own Paypal and get more revenue. Give a Itunes bonus for using their own payment platform and watch the bucks roll in.
    09-10-14 03:59 PM
    The issue is while Apple is catching up on features like NFC for payments, the use of NFC payments is very small and Apple is likely going to make it popular. How much has NFC payment taken off with Android and BlackBerry having it ready to go now for a few years? Nowhere! Apple usually tend to delay things until they are needed and ready for prime time and they know that they can make then successful where others have not. If no one really uses NFC and then Apple makes it popular they will get credit for driving the technology.

Henry Ford didn't invent the car, but he got rich from making them and sold a ton of them. Apple's only real innovation in the iPhone that no one else has is their custom processor which is superior to the Qualcomm offerings and the fingerprint scanner, but the brand is definitely best at getting technology accepted and put to use.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Roo Zilla, anon8656116 and MikeX74 like this.
    09-10-14 04:11 PM
    I know, I know Apple will sell millions of iphone 6 and 6+. However, for the first time they took a media shot after their iphone 6 reveal. Let me explain! The National last night showed Cook reveal the device, Apple Pay, and the watch etc. Then they showed the line ups and the normal Apple hype as expected. Now the National and especially Amanda Lang and her facial expressions of doom and gloom are always hard on BlackBerry and kind to Apple. But last night, after the Apple push, they went to show how other devices have been providing these perks for quite some time, and what Apple calls innovation may not be innovation at all but simply an attempt to catch up.......WOW! Finally someone in the mainstream media said what had to be said!

Posted via CB10
    Can you provide a link for what Amanda lang was saying? I'd like to watch a video or a good read about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 04:38 PM
    Other devices have provided perks such as nfc yes. And how many people have done anything other than use nfc for sending pics and music??

Apple WILL sell a crap load of devices. And I'm guessing more than expected simply due to the fact that they have enough power to make nfc useful.

Hopefully as a BlackBerry user I get to ride that wave.

But imo, perhaps they didn't innovate, but this single thing will keep every iPhone use and draw in millions more. They just know how to execute. Period.

Honestly. This is going to cement their ecosystem. If you can use a credit card and make a purchase on your iPhone. No wallet needed. You're now fully attached and dependent on that device. Try pulling away someone from that world once everything is setup and synced.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 04:41 PM
    As an experiment. Lets see how fast Canadian banks ie rbc and td all come on board and allow credit cards to be used via nfc payment. I'm guess well before this years xmas season.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 04:45 PM
    I noticed the same thing too. Read articles that expressed concerns about the Watch in terms of data security and Ryan Seacrest was on his show and was not too enthusiastic about the Apple Pay. I was surprised.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-10-14 04:58 PM
    If I wasn't getting a classic I would go android. That hasn't always been the case. iOS was previously my #2
    09-10-14 05:04 PM
    Is doesn't take huge quantum leaps in technology to make a product successful, once you have a product the masses like, all you have to do is update the small things without reinventing the wheel, its called the KISS theory.

As I said in many of my post, the majority of the apple user base, likes the way the product works. As long as Apple continues to update the platform with enough changes to keep the faithful happy, they will continue to increase the size of their piggy bank.

This is any business minded persons dream, come up with an idea, market it successfully to the public and just update it enough to keep their interest and provide great customer support. The payoff is you make make a boatload of cash doing it.

Almost similar to how they market an automobiles like a Toyota Camery or a Ford Focus and make billions doing it, I only wish I was the one who thought of it! I could retire to Florida, lol.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    09-10-14 05:14 PM
    Can you provide a link for what Amanda lang was saying? I'd like to watch a video or a good read about it.

Posted via CB10
    She wasn't on last night, but she has been there many times since the BB10 OS release.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 05:31 PM
    I think it is a myth often repeated on CB that the "mainstream media" is always positive on Apple. The theme that Apple isn't innovative anymore, lags behind in features, is only playing catchup, etc. is discussed thoroughly in the media and by financial pundits after every major product release of Apple. Yes, many news stories are very positive, but that's not entirely unexpected when every new iPhone smashes the prior iPhone sales records. I'm just saying nobody needs to act shocked that someone is questioning the level of innovation at Apple. It's not unusual in the media. It gets plenty of discussion. I think there is a certain amount of confirmation bias going on with this issue.

But the product will almost certainly be a huge success, so criticism can only be so harsh while maintaining credibility.
    09-10-14 06:10 PM
    Remember how when Apple introduced the gold iPhone the media went on about how tacky the bling iPhone would be? Then on launch day everyone had to have it to the point where Kevin paid someone in line $1500 to get one.
    acovey likes this.
    09-10-14 07:50 PM
    I know, I know Apple will sell millions of iphone 6 and 6+.
    I do believe you answered your own question..

Look for record 1st day sales, probably the equivalent of a years worth of BB sales.

Also, Apple didn't say the word Innovation once during the intro as far as I recall.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-11-14 11:33 AM
    Doom and gloom, same as every year. And every year the poor, envious folks try to find a reason why Apple will fail this time, despite their positive track record, only to be proven wrong time and time again.
    Don't worry, they'll revolutionize the mobile payment space this time, and maybe Blackberry owners will even get to ride the wave of success.
    mmcfly23 and xandermac like this.
    09-11-14 07:11 PM
    I think it is a myth often repeated on CB that the "mainstream media" is always positive on Apple.
    Absolute myth. It's part of a victim complex that, to be fair, seems to be part of every technological forum.

But Apple actually receives a fair amount of criticism. No smartphone company receives as much, IME.
    xandermac likes this.
    09-11-14 08:35 PM
    Other devices have provided perks such as nfc yes. And how many people have done anything other than use nfc for sending pics and music??

Apple WILL sell a crap load of devices. And I'm guessing more than expected simply due to the fact that they have enough power to make nfc useful.

Hopefully as a BlackBerry user I get to ride that wave.

But imo, perhaps they didn't innovate, but this single thing will keep every iPhone use and draw in millions more. They just know how to execute. Period.

Honestly. This is going to cement their ecosystem. If you can use a credit card and make a purchase on your iPhone. No wallet needed. You're now fully attached and dependent on that device. Try pulling away someone from that world once everything is setup and synced.

Posted via CB10
    Android already has Google Wallet. BlackBerry had its own version for Legacy devices. There was already a trial for iPhones a few years ago for "Apple Pay". I can't think of what you mean when you say "more than pics and music"...

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 09:01 PM

Also, Apple didn't say the word Innovation once during the intro as far as I recall.
    I was going to ask, since folks complain about Apple supposedly claiming stuff already existing as new. I don't think Apple actually does.
    09-11-14 09:05 PM
    I've never heard them claim to invent anything. "Re-Invent" yes. "Make better" absolutely.

I was going to ask, since folks complain about Apple supposedly claiming stuff already existing as new. I don't think Apple actually does.
    09-15-14 06:01 AM