Apple your dropping the ball on this one I must say the statistics don't lie.

However, recent studies show the blown opportunity Apple faces. The Yankee Group recently released a survey showing that 34% of smartphone users want to buy an iPhone. Contrast that with 27% saying theyd buy Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) BlackBerrys and 20% preferring Android-based phones. The Android hasn't risen to 165,000 activations per day (and growing) because users go to Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile stores wanting it; they buy it because it's the phone that closest matches the iPhone's capabilities.

The Mistake That Will Haunt Apple (AAPL, GOOG, RIMM, S, T, VZ)
    08-01-10 05:46 PM
    Apple really doesnt care about marketshare, its all about making profit. Look at Mac, they only hold a small percent of the market but still make a ton of money on Macs. And Apple is still more profitable than Google or RIM

I also have huge doubts Google is activating 165,000 phones a day. Thats 60 million a year and the marketshare numbers just dont reflect that. Thats even more than RIM per quarter at 11 million.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 08-01-10 at 06:01 PM.
    08-01-10 05:53 PM
    Yea but Apple could be making so much more money then they are
    08-01-10 08:42 PM
    Apple will soon be the stock worth the most on the us stock market, right now the only thing that's beating it is exxon. It's pretty close. I don't think they are really sweating it. Though I do agree it should be on other carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 08:44 PM
    Keep in mind - the iPhone isn't the only way Apple is making money. They have iPads, iMacs, MacBooks, iPods, etc. They are not upset I am sure about a few thousand people who chose to go elsewhere.
    08-01-10 08:45 PM
    Apple is not about quantity but quality.
    08-01-10 09:50 PM
    Keep in mind - the iPhone isn't the only way Apple is making money. They have iPads, iMacs, MacBooks, iPods, etc. They are not upset I am sure about a few thousand people who chose to go elsewhere.
    Gonna have to agree with you on this one. Jobs dips his hands in a lot more than just the iphone. For instance I bet a lot of you didnt know Jobs was the owner of Pixar from 1986-2006. The iphone is just a fraction of what brings revenue into that company and if the deals aren't there to make it lucrative to the company then the iphone will stay with at&t forever.
    08-02-10 01:59 AM
    +1

Apple has never been about shipping tons of devices.

They've been about shipping a fraction of a ton, and charging a premium to make up for the volume.

Paying a premium is merited by high quality products, something I don't mind doing.
    08-02-10 11:52 AM
    Quality? As in call quality?

Sorry just had to
    08-02-10 12:08 PM
    +1

Apple has never been about shipping tons of devices.

They've been about shipping a fraction of a ton, and charging a premium to make up for the volume.

Paying a premium is merited by high quality products, something I don't mind doing.
    Can't argue here at all. This is also why I like Apple products
    08-02-10 01:47 PM
    Apple really doesnt care about marketshare, its all about making profit. Look at Mac, they only hold a small percent of the market but still make a ton of money on Macs. And Apple is still more profitable than Google or RIM

I also have huge doubts Google is activating 165,000 phones a day. Thats 60 million a year and the marketshare numbers just dont reflect that. Thats even more than RIM per quarter at 11 million.
    Love this post!
    08-04-10 09:12 AM
    Ha ha ha ha ha
    08-04-10 12:53 PM
    Quality? As in call quality?

Sorry just had to
    I receive excellent call quality.
    08-04-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD