Wanna hear the most paranoid thing? Anyone hear of what WikiLeaks leaked... That spyware which is unique coded as a rootkit which is undetectable with antivirus and other means. Used by government agencies to spy on each other, if our computers and own governments ain't safe... thinking our phones are safe is a very far fetched dream. Plus also the fact how connected we are getting to the internet with things like Nest and iWatch's, the amount of ways for someone to spy and actually get a hold of your information is amazing. I've done a bit of private detective work in the past and most of the time tracking someone down just required the right thing to Google or sometimes the occasional services which actually sell our information.

Anyways! Back on track! Nothing is ever hackproof, just need to ask how long it'll be till it goes down (Like the PS3? That thing was invincible and still is till date but cracks have shown).

Source: WikiLeaks

P.S If you download any of them files, please remember they are weaponized spyware. They also claim to be able to spy on BlackBerry communication, don't know if that's BBOS or BB10 but yeah.

Yup BB10 was done in by them, look...

Released Q2 2014
    Mobile Target - All (supported) Platforms Update Capabilities for the infection
    Mobile Target - All (supported) Platforms New Data Collection Module: Line Messenger
    Mobile Target - All (supported) Platforms New Data Collection Module: Viber Messenger
    Mobile Target - All (supported) Platforms Record Microphone
    Mobile Target - Support for Blackberry 10 Core Functionalities

Releasing Q4 2014
    Mobile Target - Blackberry 10 Calendar
    Mobile Target - Blackberry 10 Send/Received SMSes
    Mobile Target - Blackberry 10 Phone Calls Log

Future plans
    Mobile Target - Blackberry Target Actions: Power Off
    Mobile Target - Blackberry Target Actions: Drain Battery

Source:https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/database.html#product

Also here https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/docu...obile-4.40.pdf
    i can code all those for you if you want, a simple app can do all those. the question is whether they can be remotely and unattendedly installed on your device, even if you use sachesi to sideload it will still ask you to confirm you give permissions to the application
    09-19-14 06:57 AM
    Mainly because BB are extinct. Same approach used by virus developers "why targeting the Macs that account for 5% when you can target Windows 95%" The iphones are still the best phones in the market either if you like it or not
    Wasn't so long ago BlackBerry was the leader. Still no hacks. Good theory though.

And attempts have been made. To crack a blackberry will get you some serious Blackhat cred.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:12 AM
    No device and/or server is 100% secure, I read about different companies and devices getting hacked every day and each one is a bigger hack then the previous one.

I am to the point now where I am using more cash to pay for my goods then a credit or debit card then ever before. To me it's the true safest method and I haven't heard of any hacker being able to hack cash.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-19-14 07:42 AM
    No device and/or server is 100% secure, I read about different companies and devices getting hacked every day and each one is a bigger hack then the previous one.

I am to the point now where I am using more cash to pay for my goods then a credit or debit card then ever before. To me it's the true safest method and I haven't heard of any hacker being able to hack cash.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    forgery, thievery, tax evasion, want me to go on?
    09-19-14 07:50 AM
    OP read about it on a blog somewhere and took it as fact. Because we all know reading one or two articles on any subject, and not being privy to the entire matter, makes one an expert
    To me, it's utterly ridiculous. Let's be real people ... any discussions between governments and any high tech companies on access are typically going to be highly top secret, classified meetings, held amongst the highest of execs and government officials with a bunch of extremely senior lawyers on both side.

Some of you act like you bumped into John Chen at a Starbucks down the street from the White House and he asked for your advice on his next meeting with Obama.

Come on ...
    TGR1 and Poirots Progeny like this.
    09-19-14 08:29 AM
    I honestly have a very hard time buying anything Apple claims when it comes to security. This smacks of Microsoft's Transparency Center, which in my opinion, is nothing more than lip service when the public has been presented leak after leak that Microsoft (since 09/11/2007) and Apple (since October 2012) were both engaged in the NSA's PRISM program. (Source: NSA Prism program taps in to user data of Apple, Google and others | World news | The Guardian).

As others have already pointed out in this thread, any of the alphabet agencies would not have to make requests when they are essentially given any encryption key they wish from these companies. The language of these things is always very deliberate and carefully wrote out. While yes, it isn't a lie that government agencies made XX requests this month, or maybe even that back doors do not exist, where is there mention of encryption keys? If these have been handed over, this data can easily be captured in transit and decrypted with the use of these keys.

I think a large number of these companies have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar and are now trying to calm the storm that has been slowly brewing since these leaks have been made public. With an increasing number of people becoming security aware, these companies are now trying to appear tough on security, which is a far departure from what we have notoriously seen. There is a rather large reason why many services that were relatively unknown years ago are picking up steam in this increasingly security conscious era.
    09-19-14 10:33 AM
    The problem is that many governments label anyone who speaks out against the regime as a "criminal". These "lawful requests" that you read about are simply tools of oppression.
    Exactly. Because I think my government should follow the Constitution, I'm called a domestic terrorist by some of the more evil and crazy elected officials. I speak my mind often as is my 1st amendment right. The nazis in the government think anyone who disagree with tyranny should be labeled criminals and terrorist. Snowden is a daggum hero.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-19-14 11:37 AM
    What Apple has done is simply made it so they can't unencrypt the device on request of law enforcement. This says nothing about data in transit, or stored on their servers. The OP is comparing that to BB lawfully complying to government requests to get unencrypted communications in those countries that went through BIS. There is no BIS equivalent for iPhones or anything else (including BB10) for normal traffic, as it is sent across the open internet. BlackBerry cannot unlock a BB device and that's how it's always been as far as I know. So Apple is literally just catching up to BB in this specific regard.
    spiculated likes this.
    09-19-14 12:51 PM
    ... The nazis in the government...
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Beware of Godwin's Law. You've lost the argument.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:14 PM
    This whole thread just makes me laugh. It is pretty clear that iFANs don't read the New York Times. If you search back in their archives, you will find a series of articles where reporters document in excruciating detail how Apple and Google executives (mid range to the top) meet on a biweekly basis with the White House and the NSA on cyber security issues. We know from Edward Snowden that at these meetings, discussions centered on mass data collection and how this could be accomplished. Come on guys, do a bit of reading.

Blackberry foreshadowed the problem with servers years ago which is why they deploy their hardware in the country they do business in. Apple and Google do not and the NSA was using this channel to spy on foreign countries.

If Apple security is so greater why does China consider the iPhone a security risk even for the general public.
    09-19-14 01:44 PM
    This whole thread just makes me laugh. It is pretty clear that iFANs don't read the New York Times. If you search back in their archives, you will find a series of articles where reporters document in excruciating detail how Apple and Google executives (mid range to the top) meet on a biweekly basis with the White House and the NSA on cyber security issues. We know from Edward Snowden that at these meetings, discussions centered on mass data collection and how this could be accomplished. Come on guys, do a bit of reading.

Blackberry foreshadowed the problem with servers years ago which is why they deploy their hardware in the country they do business in. Apple and Google do not and the NSA was using this channel to spy on foreign countries.

If Apple security is so greater why does China consider the iPhone a security risk even for the general public.
    Not only is this thread a joke, after I got past the first page, I stopped reading as I had noticed that the Original Poster, had disappeared. This person, contributed to the thread by dropping the link, doing a quick reply then disappeared. Now granted, they probably have a social life, but you don't drop a link such as that in a Fanboy website and not sit back and discus it. Disappearing shows something a bit different...
    Just my 2 cents...
    09-19-14 03:42 PM
    I seem to be on the outs with this one, but if a criminals phone can stop crime / punish the guilty, not only am I ok with it I support it. When you choose to be a criminal I think you should loose certain rights, not basic human decentcy but definatley privacy as it pertains to the case. just my opinion.
    Except when it comes to defining criminal these days it's all about he says she says. The very institutions that you entrusted are not necessary behave in high moral ground that many of us assume to be. Sometimes the right to privacy is the only way to preserve what's left of human right in the proclaimed states of democracy.
    09-19-14 08:10 PM
    Yoou don't need to allow access when you can walk right in!!

Posted via CB10
    l m a o
    09-19-14 08:55 PM
    trying to be smart huh? do you have any info how many threats they stop every year? you cherry picked 2 from the last 14 years, but what if there were so many more threats that were successfully stopped. they wouldnt release any details about them anyway because it could possibly cause panic to do so.
    Cherry picked? 9/11 has been the worst terrorist attack in history. But there have been plenty of others that still didn't get picked up.

I was involved in one in 2011 when I got stuck inside a mall for freaking hours in Spokane, WA because of a freakin pipe bomb found. Worst experience while stationed at Fairchild.

Here are a few more for you to look over and wonder where PRISM was to save people. And not to mention the OKC bombing was due to our own government experimenting on its own citizens.

Feb. 26, New York City: bomb exploded in basement garage of World Trade Center, killing 6 and injuring at least 1,040 others. In 1995, militant Islamist Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and 9 others were convicted of conspiracy charges, and in 1998, Ramzi Yousef, believed to have been the mastermind, was convicted of the bombing. Al-Qaeda involvement is suspected.

April 19, Oklahoma City: car bomb exploded outside federal office building, collapsing wall and floors. 168 people were killed, including 19 children and 1 person who died in rescue effort. Over 220 buildings sustained damage. Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols later convicted in the antigovernment plot to avenge the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco, Tex., exactly 2 years earlier

June 1, Little Rock, Arkansas: Abdulhakim Muhammed, a Muslim convert from Memphis, Tennessee, is charged with shooting two soldiers outside a military recruiting center. One is killed and the other is wounded. In a January 2010 letter to the judge hearing his case, Muhammed asked to change his plea from not guilty to guilty, claimed ties to al-Qaeda, and called the shooting a jihadi attack "to fight those who wage war on Islam and Muslims."
    Dec. 25: A Nigerian man on a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit attempted to ignite an explosive device hidden in his underwear. The explosive device that failed to detonate was a mixture of powder and liquid that did not alert security personnel in the airport. The alleged bomber, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, told officials later that he was directed by the terrorist group Al Qaeda. The suspect was already on the government's watch list when he attempted the bombing; his father, a respected Nigerian banker, had told the U.S. government that he was worried about his son's increased extremism.

May 1, New York City: a car bomb is discovered in Times Square, New York City after smoke is seen coming from a vehicle. The bomb was ignited, but failed to detonate and was disarmed before it could cause any harm. Times Square was evacuated as a safety precaution. Faisal Shahzad pleads guilty to placing the bomb as well as 10 terrorism and weapons charges.
    May 10, Jacksonville, Florida: a pipe bomb explodes while approximately 60 Muslims are praying in the mosque. The attack causes no injuries.
    Oct. 29: two packages are found on separate cargo planes. Each package contains a bomb consisting of 300 to 400 grams (11-14 oz) of plastic explosives and a detonating mechanism. The bombs are discovered as a result of intelligence received from Saudi Arabia's security chief. The packages, bound from Yemen to the United States, are discovered at en route stop-overs, one in England and one in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
    Jan. 17, Spokane, Washington: a pipe bomb is discovered along the route of the Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial march. The bomb, a "viable device" set up to spray marchers with shrapnel and to cause multiple casualties, is defused without any injuries.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:01 AM
    Someone answer this question. Can blackberry remotely unlock and retrieve the data from a password protected device?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:13 AM
    The main thing apple is offering here is that if you don't sync the data, it should be secure, even from law enforcement

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 12:19 AM
    Shots fired.
    My bet is 400+ replies, with derailing every 10th post...until closed.

Z30 144GB
    09-22-14 04:29 AM
    Hahahaha... Yeah iphones are more secure...
    Every other week there is a new video on how to bypass iphone lock screen- how to jailbreak your device and the list goes on. I dont think i've even seen a video about BB devices being bypassed by some 14-year old.
    Hmmmm, Excuse me sir, but By Jo Your Right

jtvberry
    09-24-14 03:46 PM
    Cherry picked? 9/11 has been the worst terrorist attack in history. But there have been plenty of others that still didn't get picked up.

Posted via CB10
    Uh-oh. Looks like we may have strayed off-topic just a wee bit?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:12 PM
94 ... 234