11-04-09 06:23 PM
80 1234
tools
    and thus it becomes the razr, it will rapidly evaporate into a completely mundane yesterday device, wait it already is.
    Really? I don't see everyone wanting to buy razrs anymore. I don't see thousands of new apps conituously made for a yesterday device like a razr. If it is such a yeserday device, why does every cellphone company try to make an iPhone killer? Why is motorola/ verizon attacking the iPhone if it os a thing of the past? A new iPhone comes out every year. It will never be a thing of the past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 05:38 PM
    Buddy, I had the 1st iphone, it mms'd and shot video... then I got a 3G, you tell me how they've released a new phone every year... They're all the same phone, I don't care if apple says the 3gs is the only one that can do video, it's a lie, they remarket the same junk year after year, just like the dying ipod (horrible sales) the razr sold like wildfire, and every carrier tried to compete with it until they all ended up having it. So the way I see it, everything you just typed is horrifically inaccurate

10-24-09 05:46 PM
    Buddy, I had the 1st iphone, it mms'd and shot video... then I got a 3G, you tell me how they've released a new phone every year... They're all the same phone, I don't care if apple says the 3gs is the only one that can do video, it's a lie, they remarket the same junk year after year, just like the dying ipod (horrible sales) the razr sold like wildfire, and every carrier tried to compete with it until they all ended up having it. So the way I see it, everything you just typed is horrifically inaccurate

You go read the specs of each device, they are not the same. It is well known all iPhones can shoot video, no one here said they couldn't. You are claiming the iPhone is already a device of the past, which it clearly is not. iPhone sales are not dying, and neither is the device, so until it is, your claims are inacurate, not mine.

BlackBerry remarkets the same **** in every device also. The OS hasn't changed in years. Just hardware updates like Apple has done with the iPhone (but minor additions to the OS). Are you now going to claim BlackBerry is a thing of the past?

Also, every carrier carries BlackBerry, once again, it is your claims that are inaccurate, not mine.

Last edited by avt123; 10-24-09 at 08:14 PM.
    10-24-09 08:10 PM
    You go read the specs of each device, they are not the same. It is well known all iPhones can shoot video, no one here said they couldn't. You are claiming the iPhone is already a device of the past, which it clearly is not. iPhone sales are not dying, and neither is the device, so until it is, your claims are inacurate, not mine.

BlackBerry remarkets the same **** in every device also. The OS hasn't changed in years. Just hardware updates like Apple has done with the iPhone (but minor additions to the OS). Are you now going to claim BlackBerry is a thing of the past?

Also, every carrier carries BlackBerry, once again, it is your claims that are inaccurate, not mine.

your face is a thing of the past
    10-24-09 09:16 PM
    Very good come back. I now see that you have the IQ level of a flea, and that is why you had no clue about what you were talking about. Better luck next time, or maybe when you grow up.

10-24-09 09:53 PM
    Very good come back. I now see that you have the IQ level of a flea, and that is why you had no clue about what you were talking about. Better luck next time, or maybe when you grow up.

i know exactly what i'm talking about, i had an iphone for 2 years, and compared to the blackberry, even with all of the BB's flaws, the iphone is a bloated joke, i was gonna keep both after i bought my bold, but the iphone just made me hate using it, and its slowly making me hate apple more everyday too... i have 3 macs, an apple tv, ipods, apple router... and yet, i think the iphone is an amazingly bad device, my original point was that at one time everyone thought the razr was IT and that i think that's where the iphone is now, its not gonna grow, it's gonna get stagnant. just like the ipod. i also wasn't being serious, obviously, and if you can't see such an obvious joke or at least shrug it off without calling someone a 'flea' then i suggest you get laid, which would probably require you to invest in a hooker, because 'there's an *** for that'. i also noticed that you spelled 'better' wrong before you edited your post... real smart.
    Last edited by katiepea; 10-24-09 at 09:58 PM.
    10-24-09 09:56 PM
    i know exactly what i'm talking about, i had an iphone for 2 years, and compared to the blackberry, even with all of the BB's flaws, the iphone is a bloated joke, i was gonna keep both after i bought my bold, but the iphone just made me hate using it, and its slowly making me hate apple more everyday too
    I'm sorry you don't like the device. That does not mean it is a joke. If it was a joke, it wouldn't sell so well. If it was a joke, it wouldn't be the most desired device in the industry. If it was a joke, every manufacture making touchscreen devices would not try to copy it.

Next

... i have 3 macs, an apple tv, ipods, apple router... and yet, i think the iphone is an amazingly bad device, my original point was that at one time everyone thought the razr was IT and that i think that's where the iphone is now, its not gonna grow, it's gonna get stagnant. just like the ipod.
    Everything comes to an end. At one time the StarTac was great, do you see it around anymore? Do you honestly think every device lasts forever. I can careless about what Apple devices you have, and what you do and do not like. Your point about the iPhone being a thing of the past is still wrong.

i also wasn't being serious, obviously, and if you can't see such an obvious joke or at least shrug it off without calling someone a 'flea' then i suggest you get laid, which would probably require you to invest in a hooker, because 'there's an *** for that'.
    I'm sorry I called you out on a joke that I can not HEAR over the internet. There was nothing to shrug off, your opinion of me means nothing. I do not know you and probably never will, so therefore I can careless about the way you feel. I have no problems getting laid, I don't need a hooker, and I don't need an app to help me out. My girl does just fine, thanks. And at least my phone has an app for that, something I can't say about yours (Can you see that joke, huh?).

i also noticed that you spelled 'better' wrong before you edited your post... real smart.
    Oh my god, I spelled a word wrong. That makes me less smart for sure. Let's see you type as fast as I can on an iPhone and then talk. One misspelled word is not that bad. Much better than your lack of capitalization and run on sentences. Real smart.
    10-24-09 10:13 PM
    Holy crap, it's a *phone,* not the definition of who you are as a human being!!! It's a *phone* for chrissakes!!!

Why the need to defend the stupid thing as if it were your firstborn child? If this isn't an example of a so-called "fanboy" for the iPhone, I don't know what is!
    10-27-09 03:06 PM
    Considering how long and drawn out the process has been for Verizon to release the Storm 2 I am guessing a Verizon iPhone will hit the stores some time around 2020.
    ^This should have ended the thread.
    10-27-09 10:16 PM
    It's kinda fun to read this back and forth.. lol
    10-27-09 10:28 PM
    Meowwwwwwwwwwww......
    10-28-09 07:16 AM
    iPhone market share up.. RIM's down.. let me know if you need links..
    10-28-09 10:02 AM
    It's amazing that Storm owners who slam the iPhone are so looking forward to an iPhone on VZW. But seriously, who many of these threads are going to be started?
    10-28-09 12:57 PM
    Storm owners lose all credibility slamming any phone let alone an iPhone. A Storm... you got to be kidding..the fail of all fails.
    10-28-09 03:02 PM
    iPhone market share up.. RIM's down.. let me know if you need links..
    RIM and Apple top U.S. Smartphone market share Boy Genius Report

lets do look at numbers, RIMs have held pretty steady, and they still own the largest share of smartphones, and also hold the "future" purchase numbers of people polled. quick acting like a ******, the iphone is junk, i don't care if 98% of people buy it, 98% of people are ********. the iphone is new, and frankly when you show iphone users what their phones WON'T do their opinion of it changes. i'd like to see numbers of iphone users who are previous smartphone users, i think most people that have the iphone are first time smart phone users and don't know better. sorry but until it can do background processing the thing is totally useless to me, and i owned 2 of them.
    10-28-09 04:00 PM
    It takes less than a minute to jailbreak and get background apps...

10-28-09 06:13 PM
    Moot point, you can run linux on an ipod, that doesn't mean it's better than say a zune just because it's "hackable"

10-28-09 06:21 PM
    quick acting like a ******, the iphone is junk, i don't care if 98% of people buy it, 98% of people are ********.
    Oh the irony there No one cares about your opinion of others, this is about the FACTS; the numbers.

the iphone is new, and frankly when you show iphone users what their phones WON'T do their opinion of it changes.
    "New?" FAIL. 2.5 years on the market isnt new. And even MORE impressive it holds such a huge marketshare after such a short time

I think YOU need to check the numbers again. BB is stagnant and iphone gained 5%. iphone's satisfaction beats RIM and others by a MILE, 74% to 43%. And furthermore, future smartphone buyers plan to get the iphone 36% to 27% for RIM.

Indisputable FACT. The trend continues to go up for Apple and stagnant to down for RIM
    10-28-09 06:38 PM
    I don't need to check anything again, like previously stated, I've owned blackberry and iphone for years, the iphone experience was 2 years. At the end of that time I hated the iphone so much I couldn't even stand to use it at all. I don't like anything about it. I am not doubting it's popularity but popularity doesn't equate functionality. In my experience most of my friends who got iphones when they came out have switched, even my mother. It's simply not a very serious device, not even offering push mail. At this point I think it would be in googles and RIM's best interest to combine. RIM needs a new OS and G needs marketshare, it'd only benefit them both without hurting either

Last edited by katiepea; 10-31-09 at 01:35 AM.
    10-28-09 06:46 PM
    Hahahahahahahahaha

10-31-09 01:31 AM
    Indisputable FACT. The trend continues to go up for Apple and stagnant to down for RIM
    REAL fact, this is just in the US, the international market tells a much different tale with RIM still gaining market share from Nokia as does Apple, with RIM with over twice the market share of Apple. You gotta look at the big picture.

Besides, everyone knows Android's growing fast and it's only been available on the smallest US carrier out of the four up until very recently now it's going to be available on the larger. Android's the one Apple has to worry about. A modern, customizable OS with a fantastic browser.
    10-31-09 09:26 AM
    Apple is doing in 3 years what RIM took 10 years to do.. too funny lmao.
    10-31-09 09:59 AM
    REAL fact, this is just in the US, the international market tells a much different tale with RIM still gaining market share from Nokia as does Apple, with RIM with over twice the market share of Apple. You gotta look at the big picture.

Besides, everyone knows Android's growing fast and it's only been available on the smallest US carrier out of the four up until very recently now it's going to be available on the larger. Android's the one Apple has to worry about. A modern, customizable OS with a fantastic browser.
    REAL fact is the numbers are what they are.

Yeh BB is beating the iphone GLOBALLY 2.2% to 1.9%, nothing to write home about there from a phone out three times as long as the other. RIM has only increased from 1.1% to 2.2% since 2007, so the iphone is GROWING at a faster rate since it went from 0 to 1.9% in the same timeframe. Give it time, it will pass RIM globally in the next 2-3 years.

And Im sorry RIM isnt stealing form anyone globally. The US is RIMs biggest market by far and not indicative of the rest of the world where 30%+ of the people own one. Nokia has 38.6%, Samsung 16.2%, Moto and LG at 8.3% each and Sony Ericsson 8%. RIM is a measly 2.2%, theyre not hurting any of the global giants, nor is Apple.

Same with the US, nothing to write home about when a user base has been established for how many years prior?

Gimme a break. The iphone has scaled more ground in just over 2 years then most companies in 10 years in terms of marketshare and mindshare.

Apple isnt the only one who has to worry about Android. The iphone has already stolen some of RIM's business and Android will do more so. RIM isnt stealing much of Apple's customers nor will it from Android. Its a niche platform that some have to use and some are just accustomed to. They may get some new smartphone users, but Im pretty positive they arent stealing many iphone users away from their phones.

I dont see Android stealing a whole lot from Apple either. Many of the iphone loyal are because of the apple brand, app store, etc. Android is tempting candy, but I dont see many iphone users giving theirs up for a still developing platform.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 11-01-09 at 01:26 AM.
    11-01-09 12:58 AM
    11-03-09 08:49 PM
    lol its a wild guess at best.

And nothing points to VZW in the equation at all. ATT still has exclusivity at LEAST until summer 2010.
    11-03-09 08:56 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD