According to an article on TheModerateVoice.com...

"sources have confirmed that Apple and Verizon have been testing a CDMA iPhone on Verizon�s 4G LTE network. Yes, you read that correctly, Verizon and Apple have been testing the first 4G phone on Verizon�s 4G network. The tests have been taking place for the last couple of months but with no confirmation on the release date� it would make good fiscal sense for Apple (and Verizon) to release the first CDMA iPhone right here in the United States running on Verizon�s new 4G network, with announcement expected in 2010 at Apple�s WWDC.
    10-21-09 04:12 PM
    I'm pretty stoked for a CDMA iPhone. I probably won't switch unless the price is right, but when it's upgrade time I might.

On another note, this is in the wrong section.
    10-21-09 04:17 PM
    The idoesn't will soon do 4G?

Kinda weird news considering how Verizon seems to hate the iPhone so much.
    10-21-09 04:18 PM
    before i get ripped by mod's.. im sorry if this was posted in the wrong "area". Im just a dumb poker player.. not too bright Seeing as I read this on "rumor" on my blackberry via Viigo, i felt i would share with the gang.
    Last edited by cjsneaks; 10-21-09 at 04:25 PM.
    10-21-09 04:22 PM
    The idoesn't will soon do 4G?

Kinda weird news considering how Verizon seems to hate the iPhone so much.
    I don't think they feel anything about the phones they carry, just how much money it makes them. And, believe me, the iPhone would make them A LOT of money. Best 3G (and probably 4G in the future) coverage in the US. Verizon is definitely the best network for the iPhone, IMO.
    10-21-09 04:25 PM
    Considering how long and drawn out the process has been for Verizon to release the Storm 2 I am guessing a Verizon iPhone will hit the stores some time around 2020.
    10-21-09 04:28 PM
    I have owned 2 iPhones, one of the main reasons I switched to a Storm was due to the unreliable AT&T network.

LMAO @coachbulldog's reply
    10-21-09 04:31 PM
    I was under the impression that Verizon's 4G network was LTE not cdma. It makes sense that Apple would release a 4G LTE iPhone because at that point Verizon and ATT will both be running LTE.
    10-21-09 04:34 PM
    I was under the impression that Verizon's 4G network was LTE not cdma. It makes sense that Apple would release a 4G LTE iPhone because at that point Verizon and ATT will both be running LTE.
    Verizon will still use CDMA for several more years alongside LTE.
    10-21-09 07:31 PM
    before i get ripped by mod's.. im sorry if this was posted in the wrong "area". Im just a dumb poker player.. not too bright Seeing as I read this on "rumor" on my blackberry via Viigo, i felt i would share with the gang.
    Looks like News & Rumors to me. You're safe, for NOW!
    10-21-09 08:09 PM
    Verizon hates the iPhone because it outsells everything it has.

You better believe, though, the second they get the chance to grab it, they will.
    10-21-09 08:19 PM
    Verizon hates the iPhone because it outsells everything it has.

You better believe, though, the second they get the chance to grab it, they will.
    iPhone doesn't even outsell Blackberrys let alone Nokia smartphones, and smartphones don't sell nearly as much as dumb and feature phones so no you're wrong.
    10-21-09 08:45 PM
    iPhone doesn't even outsell Blackberrys let alone Nokia smartphones, and smartphones don't sell nearly as much as dumb and feature phones so no you're wrong.
    Tell me ONE SINGLE BB that has outsold the iPhone. Do not trot out the
    story about the 83xx series overtaking the iPhone because if you lump the
    sales from the 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330 and compare them to the sales
    of a single device, the outcome is a forgone conclusion.

Which ONE BB has / had better sales than the iPhone?
    10-21-09 08:59 PM
    Tell me ONE SINGLE BB that has outsold the iPhone. Do not trot out the
    story about the 83xx series overtaking the iPhone because if you lump the
    sales from the 8300, 8310, 8320, and 8330 and compare them to the sales
    of a single device, the outcome is a forgone conclusion.

Which ONE BB has / had better sales than the iPhone?
    Actually you can, because there's more than one version of the iphone. And all those models are called the Blackberry curve. I do understand what your saying because the iphone is on only one network her in Canada and US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:09 PM
    Verizon is working hard on their 4G network, my neighbor is an attorney for their corporate office here in DC. I don't know of any iPhone deal but I'm going to ask her.
    10-21-09 09:19 PM
    I just don't see Apple wasting money to develop a CDMA phone, when there are very few markets abroad to make it profitable.
    10-21-09 09:20 PM
    I think the Iphone will eventually fade out unless apple switches it up with a new model. All iphones are exactly the same, but with different features. Just my 2 cents
    10-21-09 09:22 PM
    I have to admit, if there was a 4G iPhone LTE, I'd switch.
    10-21-09 09:23 PM
    Considering how long and drawn out the process has been for Verizon to release the Storm 2 I am guessing a Verizon iPhone will hit the stores some time around 2020.
    that's funny
    10-21-09 09:28 PM
    hmmm i found this on wired.com..

"Apple on Wednesday said it has no plans to discontinue AT&T’s exclusive rights to carry the iPhone in the United States.

Apple chief operating officer Tim Cook expressed confidence in AT&T as its exclusive U.S. partner, despite Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster’s suggestion that the No. 1 reason consumers resist buying an iPhone is because of AT&T.

"We believe they’re the best wireless provider in the U.S.," Cook said of AT&T during Apple’s quarter-two conference call. "They put the full force and weight of their company behind it. We’re very happy with the relationship we have and do not have a plan to change it."

Though the terms of Apple’s contract with AT&T remain a secret, many sources have said AT&T’s exclusivity over the iPhone expires in 2010. Excited by this rumor, many consumers have been discussing the possibility of the iPhone being available for the Verizon network. Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg last week speculated that a deal with Apple will be more likely when Verizon rolls out its 4G network next year.

However, Cook on Wednesday suggested it was unlikely for Apple to work with Verizon anytime soon. He explained Verizon’s network is on the CDMA standard was limited, and AT&T was a better choice because it utilizes the widely used GSM network.

"We chose from the beginning of the iPhone to focus on one phone for the whole world," Cook said. "CDMA doesn’t really have a life to it after a point in time."

This news will undoubtedly disappoint some Verizon customers who are itching for the iPhone but refuse to switch to AT&T"

so that article suggests that once verizon gets its 4g up and running that a verzion iphone should happen. but it also suggests that it doesnt plan on leaving at&t anytime soon. there are rumors that at&t and apple are in works of extending their deal til 2011 which verizon shouldnt care about anyways since its 4g probably wont be ready til around there anyways.
    10-21-09 09:54 PM
    It's very possible. Apple still needs to make the iPhone a better communications device before I switch back though. My iPod Touch is holding me over fine for my multimedia and my BB is the ultimate device that goes everywhere with me for phone and communication.
    10-21-09 09:57 PM
    Looks like News & Rumors to me. You're safe, for NOW!
    PK, lay down the mod stick!
    10-21-09 10:14 PM
    An iphone on Verizon would be sweet. But probably waaay too expensive.
    10-21-09 10:18 PM
    I think the Iphone will eventually fade out unless apple switches it up with a new model. All iphones are exactly the same, but with different features. Just my 2 cents
    Don't forget about the memory .

I hate Apple for not allowing expandable memory, but who's the first in line every season to get a new iPod? Yup, that's right...me. And millions of other people.

I've been good this year, though, waiting till at least an 80GB Touch comes out before I rebuy.

And back to the thread, why are carriers still pursuing CDMA?? And why would Apple even go backwards like that?
    10-21-09 10:43 PM
    *yawn*

Droid > iCrap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 12:07 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD