Where do you recommend purchasing an iPhone? Is one place easier/faster than the other?
    08-19-09 10:57 AM
    Where do you recommend purchasing an iPhone? Is one place easier/faster than the other?
    Apple store will probably be faster.
    08-19-09 11:03 AM
    If you're dead set on the iPhone, go to the Apple store. If there is a possibility you could be or would want to be woo'd by another phone for whatever reason, then go to AT&T.
    08-19-09 11:36 AM
    AT&T can waive some random charges they may have, but there weren't any AT&T stores with a 3GS around me.
    08-19-09 12:06 PM
    I deal with the Apple stores. They tend to have them all in stock while At&t can be a different story.
    08-19-09 12:47 PM
    Highly recommend Apple..
    08-19-09 01:04 PM
    but how does that work with me having to return it if I dont like it? ATT told me that if I returned the phone within the 30 days, I could go back to using my old phone and would get my upgrade back to use at another time
    08-19-09 02:38 PM
    When I bought my 3Gs I choose the apple store just because. At the time I still owned a storm and wanted to try the iphone before I switched. I asked what the return policy was and they told me that apple does NOT charge the 10% restocking fee that AT&T or bestbuy charges. Also, even though it states 14 day on the receipt, you get the full 30 days that AT&T offers.

So if your not 100% sure you're keeping the iphone, I'd go with the apple store.

It is my understanding that is you return the iphone within 3 days, AT&T will waive the activation fee too. I'm sure you'll love the iphone but something to keep in mind if you hate the service.
    08-19-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD