So this weekend I had my what so $500 dollars ready to go get my iPad. Stayed in the apple store for a couple of hours playing with the device and some mac pro books etc.

iPad was fab, it responded quick, screen was crystal clear and crisp. Waiting in line by the counter and overheard some say it uses the same processor as the touch reallly?

Gave some lowsy excuses and walked out.

I want to know, is this true and since I am on t-mobile currently has there been any UNLOCKED ones?

Thanks

P.S one of the apple reps told a guy who was currently on BB that, the iPhone does everything the BB does and more....thought that was funny.
    09-27-10 06:54 PM
    The SOC on iPad is the same one on the iPhone 4 and the new iPod Touch. It is assumed though they are clocked at different speeds. The iPad is known to run at 1Ghz, but the best guess for for iPhone is 800Mhz and the current guessing for the iPod Touch is 800 MHz.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-27-10 at 07:16 PM.
    09-27-10 07:10 PM
    I get you, I havent really used the iphone or touch heavily but i know the iPad was really responsive
    09-27-10 07:27 PM
    So this weekend I had my what so $500 dollars ready to go get my iPad. Stayed in the apple store for a couple of hours playing with the device and some mac pro books etc.

iPad was fab, it responded quick, screen was crystal clear and crisp. Waiting in line by the counter and overheard some say it uses the same processor as the touch reallly?

Gave some lowsy excuses and walked out.

I want to know, is this true and since I am on t-mobile currently has there been any UNLOCKED ones?

Thanks

P.S one of the apple reps told a guy who was currently on BB that, the iPhone does everything the BB does and more....thought that was funny.
    ipad runs on AT&T 3g, T-Mobile uses a different frequency for 3G. In other words, the ipad will not work on T-Mobile.
    09-27-10 07:40 PM
    ipad runs on AT&T 3g, T-Mobile uses a different frequency for 3G. In other words, the ipad will not work on T-Mobile.
    Ok needed that clarified thanks
    09-27-10 07:45 PM
    Where is the drama?

I was expecting you to go to buy one, and the guy in front of you did, and then he got jumped by two midget ninjas and they stole it and tried to run out but a girl tripped them, and then got into a fight with another girl over who was gonna get the last pair of Justin Beiber edition headphones.
    09-27-10 10:27 PM
    Lol. I agree. Exactly were is the drama? Either way. I love my iPad and my iPhone.
    09-27-10 10:45 PM
    Yeh is this made up drama?

Because they ipad was fast and responsive so you didnt get it because it uses the same A4 chip the iphone and itouch use? WTF kind of logic is that.

Who cares what the processor says as long as its admittedly fast and responsive. Which by the way the ipad is in fact 1Ghz, which there is no faster device out right now.

And youre worried about clock speed but boast owning a BB which is clocked WAY below and iphone or ipad to begin with?

I think this was drama in your head OP
    09-27-10 11:00 PM
    Lol. I agree. Exactly were is the drama? Either way. I love my iPad and my iPhone.
    Sniff sniff. I wish my wife would give me my iPad back. I wonder if that's sufficient grounds for divorce...
    09-27-10 11:05 PM
    Sniff sniff. I wish my wife would give me my iPad back. I wonder if that's sufficient grounds for divorce...
    No, but it's sufficient grounds for calling you ***** whipped. J/K Snatch it back.

But ya, I was expecting the OP to be like... They wouldn't let me buy it because I was paying with cash. Where's the drama dude? lol
    09-28-10 12:08 AM
    No, but it's sufficient grounds for calling you ***** whipped. J/K Snatch it back.
    Lol. Nah, I'm just gonna get another one. Better to lose the small battles than the big ones. "honey, I'm goin out tonight with the guys and get drunk and see naked women and I probably won't be back home til 6am." One iPad gotta be worth at least a night out.

Gives me an excuse to get the 3G one anyway. When I saw the news about the Playbook, I thought about getting that, but it won't be available til next year so forget it. If I'm gonna wait that long, may as well get iPad 2.
    09-28-10 12:54 AM
    Lol. Nah, I'm just gonna get another one. Better to lose the small battles than the big ones. "honey, I'm goin out tonight with the guys and get drunk and see naked women and I probably won't be back home til 6am." One iPad gotta be worth at least a night out.

Gives me an excuse to get the 3G one anyway. When I saw the news about the Playbook, I thought about getting that, but it won't be available til next year so forget it. If I'm gonna wait that long, may as well get iPad 2.
    Just be thankfull RIM didn't call it a Blackbook. lol Imagine how well that would have gone over with her if you asked... "Hun, have you seen my Blackbook?"
    09-28-10 01:13 AM
    The way i see it, doesnt matter what the cpu speed is. it only matters how the company matches it with the operating systems and programs. If the iphone's A4 cpu clocked at 800mhz runs the iphone as smooth as it does, which is very smooth, why does it need to be faster? its a phone! lol thats alot of cpu speed!
    09-28-10 01:12 PM
    The way i see it, doesnt matter what the cpu speed is. it only matters how the company matches it with the operating systems and programs. If the iphone's A4 cpu clocked at 800mhz runs the iphone as smooth as it does, which is very smooth, why does it need to be faster? its a phone! lol thats alot of cpu speed!
    I agree that the iPhone 4 runs very smooth. But the way I see it is if these
    devices are capable of being clocked at a faster speed without so much of a
    strain on battery life then why not ya know? Remember that when Google and
    Apple target a younger generation it's for a reason. The younger generation is
    a very well caffeinated society that want things FAST.

To me when the next iPhone comes out next year, it will probably be the 3G
    to the 3GS. Some tweakings here and there as far as features go. But a much
    faster processor.
    09-28-10 02:16 PM
    Just be thankfull RIM didn't call it a Blackbook. lol Imagine how well that would have gone over with her if you asked... "Hun, have you seen my Blackbook?"
    That's a good one LOL
    10-01-10 05:15 AM
    guys read the thread again..
    the OP overheard a conversation between a Sales rep and Johnny Drama ( from Entourage)
    10-01-10 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD