Then again - RIM hasn't released a price and they've come out and said it'd be competitive...if it's competitive with the iPad2 then yea, OK...but if they can compete at the $399 price point (hahaha, I know) they've got a shot...
    Yeah true. I'll agree with that.
    03-02-11 03:45 PM
    Then again - RIM hasn't released a price and they've come out and said it'd be competitive...if it's competitive with the iPad2 then yea, OK...but if they can compete at the $399 price point (hahaha, I know) they've got a shot...
    A shot at what.....staying in business?
    Entertainment72 likes this.
    03-02-11 03:50 PM
    A shot at what.....staying in business?
    Probably mean a shot in succeeding in the tablet market. Just a guess though.
    03-02-11 03:59 PM
    Microsoft took a profit lost just to get into the gaming market. Sold the xbox's for 150-200$ when PS was at $300+, for every xbox sold MS lost an avg of $100-150 based on cost of production. Fast forward to now and MS is killing the PS3 in units sold vs the 360.

Time to update that slide... oops....there might be life in the old foe yet.

Microsoft to Unveil Windows 8 Tablet in June: Report / Infopackets.com
    03-02-11 04:00 PM
    Exactly. Apple has really upgraded the iPad and added extra features.
    You forgot the roll-eyes smilie.
    LOL
    03-02-11 04:10 PM
    They were late compared to RIM, Palm and Windows BUT they currently set the standard of today. It doesn't matter that they weren't first the changed the market and it's very hard to argue that. No other smart phone had that type of impact. They helped mature a market that now appeals to the masses. Blackberry, RIM, and Palm circa 2005 would not have been able to do this. If so, it would have happened before Apple.
    And let's not forget, this year they should finally sell more phones than RIM.
    03-02-11 05:26 PM
    And let's not forget, this year they should finally sell more phones than RIM.
    Does that include buy 1 get 1 free, blackberry fire sales and being on all carriers. Let me know which 1 blackberry device on 1 carrier has sold more than 1 version of the iPhone over the same length of time then get back to me
    03-02-11 05:32 PM
    Apple is known to swear that their products murder any of the other competitors out there and most Apple users will agree with Apple's marketing scam. Having said that, most Apple users are are conned thinking they got the best product and the premium they paid was "worth" it.
    03-02-11 09:22 PM
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA talk about copycats... Apple has no real innovation. They keep re-releasing the SAME THING OVER AND OVER.. just upping the hardware a little each time. And people fall for it!

the iPad just came out and now iPad 2.. and I already saw some statement saying the ipad is junk.. the ipad3 will be better... oh please. I have an ipod touch 2nd gen... i never use it.. and could care less about getting a "newer version of the same thing"

oh.. and FYI - Microsoft made the first tablet pc back in 2001/2002. so Apple stole the idea
    Last edited by StaticFX; 03-02-11 at 09:59 PM.
    03-02-11 09:37 PM
    How is anyone a copycat? I'm pretty sure Apple wasn't the first company to ever think about making a device similar to a laptop but without a keyboard and with a touchscreen. Fine, Apple came out with one **** of a product, but because the 'almighty' apple and Steve Jobs came out with the first no one should compete with them? and whats copying? no one has a similar OS to iPad and that's because they see a lot of issues with the restrictions of IOS.

I don't have an issue with Palm saying BB copied WebOS, because its fairly true, but to hear some bull**** like this from Jobs and Apple is ridiculous. I like Apple products and I give them their just due but this type of **** makes me hate Jobs.

Maybe the other companies are being copycats in some other way? I just don't know.
    03-02-11 09:41 PM
    This time last year. Apple announced the new iPad and immediately people began writing its eulogy. What's with that name, iPad, people asked? Who would want a device that's bigger than a smartphone but smaller than a laptop?

One year later, has Apple sold 15 million units, the netbook market is more or less dead, and every other tech company was scrambling to play catch up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 01:05 AM
    Does that include buy 1 get 1 free, blackberry fire sales and being on all carriers. Let me know which 1 blackberry device on 1 carrier has sold more than 1 version of the iPhone over the same length of time then get back to me
    I have no idea why people try to drag out this argument from time to time when it is just daft, nobody was forcing apple to limit themselves to a single model and a single carrier in the states and thus expecting one part of the blackberry range to compete with what is effectively the entire iphone range is completely ridiculous.
    03-03-11 03:06 AM
    One year later, has Apple sold 15 million units, the netbook market is more or less dead, and every other tech company was scrambling to play catch up.
    The netbook market is noticeably bigger than 15 million units so a report of its death would seem to be somewhat premature even though the growth has greatly slowed in part due to tablets, but just as much of the loss of growth is that they finally caught up to small laptops in things like screensize so this year they didn't have another slightly different form factor to resell to people like previous years and unlike pretty much all other areas of the pc market they can't just bump up the performance on them so there is less cause for people to need to upgrade.
    03-03-11 03:17 AM
    This time last year. Apple announced the new iPad and immediately people began writing its eulogy. What's with that name, iPad, people asked? Who would want a device that's bigger than a smartphone but smaller than a laptop?

I really feel that if it wasn't for the ipad there would be no xoom, playbook, galaxy tab, or any other tablet the way that they all came out within this last year. I do feel that Apple is extremely clever in marketing - I've always noticed that. I think RIM could do well if they market the playbook to the right consumer and really show us how we can use the playbook in our day-to day activities.
    03-03-11 10:34 AM
    Apple is a better marketing firm than tech giant IMO - I mean making people cry by mentioning Autistic kids use the iPad to learn...wow...
    For real? Wow, that's effin' low!
    03-03-11 12:47 PM
    maybe you need to read the entire thread OR better yet, watch the presentation and then let us know if it's "effin low".
    03-03-11 12:56 PM
    It's actually pretty cool.

They are just showing the versatility of the device.

scorpiodsu and howarmat like this.
    03-03-11 12:59 PM
    Oh sure... copycats. Because Apple invented everything! ha lolwut?
    03-03-11 04:35 PM
    Top 10 Devices Owned (Rogers Canada, 2010)

1. iPhone 3GS 6.6%
    2. iPhone 3G 6.4%
    3. iPhone 4 5.9%
    4. BB Bold 9700 4.2%
    5. BB Curve 8520 3.7%
    6. Samsung Gravity 2.8%
    7. BB Bold 9000 2.4%
    8. Sony W580i 2.3%
    9. Nokia 6085 2.1%
    10. Moto KRZR K1 2.1%

26 models of BlackBerry active with Rogers (Canada), 20% of total devices owned vs. 3 models of iPhone and 18.9% of total devices owned. Torch and 9780 were too late in 2010 to make this list.
    03-03-11 04:56 PM
    Top 10 Devices Owned (Rogers Canada, 2010)

1. iPhone 3GS 6.6%
    2. iPhone 3G 6.4%
    3. iPhone 4 5.9%
    4. BB Bold 9700 4.2%
    5. BB Curve 8520 3.7%
    6. Samsung Gravity 2.8%
    7. BB Bold 9000 2.4%
    8. Sony W580i 2.3%
    9. Nokia 6085 2.1%
    10. Moto KRZR K1 2.1%

26 models of BlackBerry active with Rogers (Canada), 20% of total devices owned vs. 3 models of iPhone and 18.9% of total devices owned. Torch and 9780 were too late in 2010 to make this list.
    Not sure what this list proves. That vast number of blackberry device available on a carrier outnumber a much smaller amount of iPhones available on the same carrier. That reinforces what I said. Like I said, find me ONE blackberry vs ONE iPhone model for the SAME period of time.
    03-03-11 05:01 PM
    3 models of the iPhone are less than 2% behind the 26 models of BB. So much for being outnumbered...
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    03-03-11 05:08 PM
    You know...on a new thought after seeing all the hubub surrounding Apple lately, but I'm starting to think people didn't really take to the fact that they walked around that stage like their sh*t don't stink...I mean come on...I liked the engadget piece on it last night...that is to say if I was a fanboi...which I am not.

But it really gave me a feeling that these guys are really pathetic if they feel the way this editorial feels about Apple. They really take the cake on making sure they are drawing what we call more of a "cult" following, rather than a group of educated users and consumers that buy their products because they are actually good.

**** if Apple really thinks they are in a league (or playing their own game) of their own, they are in for a world of hurt once the competition actually ramps up and they are scourging for scraps...a time has come in our history as a consumer driven economy where the tech giants of old are now slow crawling away from falling off of the map (Microsoft, Intel, etc)

Apple has to realize, what goes up, must eventually come down...this cocky bullsh*t won't fly for long...
    03-04-11 12:04 PM
    You know...on a new thought after seeing all the hubub surrounding Apple lately, but I'm starting to think people didn't really take to the fact that they walked around that stage like their sh*t don't stink...I mean come on...I liked the engadget piece on it last night...that is to say if I was a fanboi...which I am not.

But it really gave me a feeling that these guys are really pathetic if they feel the way this editorial feels about Apple. They really take the cake on making sure they are drawing what we call more of a "cult" following, rather than a group of educated users and consumers that buy their products because they are actually good.

**** if Apple really thinks they are in a league (or playing their own game) of their own, they are in for a world of hurt once the competition actually ramps up and they are scourging for scraps...a time has come in our history as a consumer driven economy where the tech giants of old are now slow crawling away from falling off of the map (Microsoft, Intel, etc)

Apple has to realize, what goes up, must eventually come down...this cocky bullsh*t won't fly for long...
    They can be as cocky as they want. If a person doesn't like it then don't buy their products. But if they have confidence, I don't see anything wrong with that. To be the best you have to think you're the best. Some of you guys are just way overboard. Tell me what other company is in front of the public like Apple? None of them. I'm sure they are just as confident in their products as well but they hide themselves. And Apple pulls no punches and other companies don't either when they are talking about Apple. How many CEOs of other companies have we heard over the past year that say arrogant things YET have no results to back it up? Too many.

In the words of Ric Flair, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man, WOOOOOOOOOOO!!".
    03-04-11 12:12 PM
    Originally Posted by theruined

while that day is coming and there are "contenders" i still dont think anyone will touch apple this year and probably not next either. I think when the q1 smartphone numbers come now with VZW selling the iphone you will see nokia, android then apple. apple will be neck and neck with android too i think. RIM will be 4th again and probably a little further behind. Just have to see in a few months though
    03-04-11 12:14 PM
    In the words of Ric Flair, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man, WOOOOOOOOOOO!!".
    GIFSoup

Good 'ol Ric Flair
    03-04-11 12:48 PM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD