Man these blows are just getting heavier and heavier - and with the iPad2 announcement going on as I type this...I have a feeling it's going to get worse...
    03-02-11 12:22 PM
    Yeah that was a nice shot and the competition. And they aren't lying. Everyone wants to say "me too".

Same prices too.
    03-02-11 12:25 PM
    more sticking it to the xoom on the price part

nothing new has emerged from what we've already heard leading up to this. thinner, dual core, cameras. i guess the white version is a surprise?
    *yawn*
    more sticking it to the xoom on the price part

nothing new has emerged from what we've already heard leading up to this. thinner, dual core, cameras. i guess the white version is a surprise?
    Apple is a better marketing firm than tech giant IMO - I mean making people cry by mentioning Autistic kids use the iPad to learn...wow...
    03-02-11 12:28 PM
    cool , hdmi! except you have to buy a $30 dock accessory in addition to the hdmi cable?
    03-02-11 12:28 PM
    March 11th.....lololol Sorry RIM
    devGOD likes this.
    03-02-11 12:29 PM
    Apple is a better marketing firm than tech giant IMO - I mean making people cry by mentioning Autistic kids use the iPad to learn...wow...
    Agreed. If some of these companies had 1/4 the marketing savvy of Apple they'd move a lot more products.
    Wow, thats pretty effin low.
    Exactly. Apple has really upgraded the iPad and added extra features.
    devGOD likes this.
    03-02-11 12:31 PM
    "And it comes in polyurethane, which is used to make space suits!

umm pretty sure its just plastic.
    03-02-11 12:32 PM
    Yep...I feel like I'm on a sinking ship - if my sinking ship were a BlackBerry.
    Well...in reality with all the numbers - I think if the PB was out in March they'd have a great shot at competing...now with the rumors saying April, I'd like to see if RIM just says "Screw it, we're shipping TOMORROW!" (doubtful - but hey who knows)

Agreed. If some of these companies had 1/4 the marketing savvy of Apple they'd move a lot more products.
    Yea - RIP RIM PR and Ad Department
    devGOD likes this.
    `the year of the copycats`

oh by the way the new ipad2 case uses magnets to turn the screen on/off. i wish i had that on my BlackBerry
    Wow, thats pretty effin low.
    No it's not. They showed how teachers are using it to aide them in teaching autistic kids as well as showing how doctors use them. They were just showing how the iPad is affecting more than just the gadget world. Not low. Showing the true impact.
    devGOD likes this.
    03-02-11 12:33 PM
    No it's not. They showed how teachers are using it to aide them in teaching autistic kids as well as showing how doctors use them. They were just showing how the iPad is affecting more than just the gadget world. Not low. Showing the true impact.
    I'd argue with the use of the word TRUE here...exaggerated seems more appropriate...but hey...if I had that kind of PR I'd show it off...
    03-02-11 12:34 PM
    `the year of the copycats`

oh by the way the new ipad2 case uses magnets to turn the screen on/off. i wish i had that on my BlackBerry
    hah good catch.
    03-02-11 12:36 PM
    Ah. I got you. I was just reading what the poster had said, I didn't even know this event was happening until a few minutes ago. But thanks for clearing that up.

That said, I just Googled information about the iPad 2 and it looks pretty good.
    03-02-11 12:36 PM
    I'd argue with the use of the word TRUE here...exaggerated seems more appropriate...but hey...if I had that kind of PR I'd show it off...
    Ok. I can get with that LOL. I think they just wanted to show that it's being used more than just people surfing the web and playing games.

But in honesty they are releasing a very strong follow up combined with OS 4.3.
    03-02-11 12:37 PM
    Ok. I can get with that LOL. I think they just wanted to show that it's being used more than just people surfing the web and playing games.

But in honesty they are releasing a very strong follow up combined with OS 4.3.
    yea, I guess...if I was a fan I'd care - I'm just a curious consumer...but iOS 4.3 did exactly what it was intended to do, not change, provide minuscule upgrades, and show that they are taking some consideration about what people want...notice how they didn't spend much time on that compared to the suspense behind the iPad2 announcement...pfft
    03-02-11 12:44 PM
    I looked at this literally 5 minutes ago, when there were no responses. This is obviously a hot topic. Hey, if the Apple Pad wants us to think it's the original, that's fine. Tablets are an odd market. They're been around for a while now.

But as usual, Apple wants us to truly believe that the product they make was the 1st of it's kind. Oh Apple, you're so Silly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 12:44 PM
    I looked at this literally 5 minutes ago, when there were no responses. This is obviously a hot topic. Hey, if the Apple Pad wants us to think it's the original, that's fine. Tablets are an odd market. They're been around for a while now.

But as usual, Apple wants us to truly believe that the product they make was the 1st of it's kind. Oh Apple, you're so Silly.

You know what's funny about that?

This

When there wasn't a lot of competition, it's always good to remind the little that there was that they absolutely failed at marketing...
    03-02-11 12:46 PM

This was discussed last year. Apple didn't claimed to be the first. They just claimed to have the best 1. That's a big difference because they succeeded in a market there everyone else fail and many gave up. That deserves a lot of merit.
    03-02-11 12:51 PM
    With these companies playing dirtier and doing things like calling the other "copycats", it benefits us. The consumer. Keep it up. I love this.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    03-02-11 12:52 PM
    yea, I guess...if I was a fan I'd care - I'm just a curious consumer...but iOS 4.3 did exactly what it was intended to do, not change, provide minuscule upgrades, and show that they are taking some consideration about what people want...notice how they didn't spend much time on that compared to the suspense behind the iPad2 announcement...pfft
    I think it's more than minuscule compared to the previous version. Air sharing with iTunes and Apple TV is huge. Revamped Safari, facetime between iOS devices and Mac computers is also big considering the previous OS. The one thing I wish they would work on is the notification system. But honestly, besides apps I don't know how much we should expect an OS to be upgraded from RIM, Apple, Google or anyone else.
    03-02-11 12:54 PM
    RIM would have to literally give away the Playbook to even touch Apple at this point. Take a page out of MS XBOX vs PS2 ... Microsoft took a profit lost just to get into the gaming market. Sold the xbox's for 150-200$ when PS was at $300+, for every xbox sold MS lost an avg of $100-150 based on cost of production. Fast forward to now and MS is killing the PS3 in units sold vs the 360.

The problem with the Playbook in my opinion is that it's catering to BB users only. Apple iPad is geared to PC and Mac people. I have not seen the Playbook advertised anywhere else other than BB sites. And the tethering that requires a BB to get your calendar, mail and BBM is like come on RIM. Not everyone wants a BB or has one anymore.

Playbook needs to be at like $299 and to have a set launch date. that would grab everyone's attention and have people atleast trying it out. cause there is no way i'd spend $499+, iPad yes but Playbook at that price no
    03-02-11 12:57 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD