02-20-12 06:36 AM
33 12
tools
    The same laws they exploit every day to make Billions that are not even necessary for the success of the company? Those laws?

They do, so they can exploit the laws in favor of money over corporate responsibility.

I think everyone is aware of that Sherlock. What I can't figure out is why you feel the need to say it.

I never did that. I pointed out how atypical Apple's statement was. I think if you go back and re-read you will see that.

Don't need to, "Made in China" is on just about everything, in every store. You never noticed that?

Yep, you got it!

(or your own) <~~ Care to explain that remark?

Never said I had positive energy about anything, but I do have a disdain for corporate America. As any intelligent person should have just now. Yes I am politically active, and You? Do you care or not? Or is it just another ranking match in a forum for you?

I believe Foreign Trade Policy is the answer bringing jobs back to America. Having large Corporations initiate investigations is pointless and would be "Google Smart".

Suggestions? Or just more random moaning?

Yeah well, considering all the nonsense thrown in my direction by the "iOS Users" defending your phones when I criticized Apple's statement, what do expect? Its "Crackberry", you do know that right?

Hey, that's pretty smart, so RIM intentionally puts lead in the batteries and that makes us take the batteries out all the time, is that right?
    Bless his heart...
    02-15-12 08:47 PM
    what is this i keep hearing about rim murdering people....lol, can someone elaborate on this. im genuinely curious.
    That's just me being smarmy because of their continued use of conflict minerals and their refusal to monitor their supply chain. Conflict minerals are attributed to 7 million + deaths/murders in the Congo thus far.

Apple ban the use of conflict minerals in their products and audit their supply chain to monitor compliance. RIM don't.

This is a bit more important than the apparently quite good working conditions in a Chinese manufacturing plant.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-16-12 at 01:40 PM.
    02-16-12 01:38 PM
    Hey xandermac, you willing to work at Foxconn?
    02-17-12 04:17 PM
    Would I work there? Really? Is that all he has now?

Yes, if I was in china I'd be lining up with the rest for a job, room & board and pay raises.

02-18-12 09:44 AM
    I have been to Foxconn in China a few times. It is a better place to work than 90% of all places in China. Over 40% of Chinese make less than $1 per day. At Foxconn they make more than 30 times that on the shop floor. May not sound like much to you, but in China that is a good start on your way to the middle class.

I am not trying to say they are as good as they should be or should be absolved of good labor practice. Most people on the site who have issued negative statements towards them or Apple in this regard have no idea what they are taking about. Better to remain silent than show your ignorance.

Apple is not the only company that uses them. You probably have a very high chance of having Foxconn parts in your electronics if you own a computer.
    Last edited by dbw1000; 02-18-12 at 10:05 AM.
    02-18-12 10:03 AM
    The only ignorance would be to think that an economy driven by nothing but exports to financially unstable countries is some how building a brighter future for China.
    02-19-12 04:55 PM
    Would I work there? Really? Is that all he has now?

Yes, if I was in china I'd be lining up with the rest for a job, room & board and pay raises.

Why not just answer the question? Would you be willing to quit your job, where you are now, and work a job like the jobs they have at Foxconn?

I think we all know the answer. Your full of it and you feel perfectly comfortable leeding a better life than the people at Foxconn and telling everyone "How great they are doing".
    02-19-12 05:02 PM
    Why not just answer the question? Would you be willing to quit your job, where you are now, and work a job like the jobs they have at Foxconn?

I think we all know the answer. Your full of it and you feel perfectly comfortable leeding a better life than the people at Foxconn and telling everyone "How great they are doing".
    There have been some stupid questions asked of me in my lifetime but this wins the award for the MOST stupid. Congratulations. Of course the answer is no, I'm not going to quit my job, move to China and work at Foxconn. Just like I won't be quitting my job any time soon to work on a factory floor in Detroit. Does this somehow prove a point for you?

If my circumstances dictated that I apply for a factory job, you're damn right I would apply. Use some common sense.

FYI, This just got you on my ignore list. I can't waste my time on these ridiculous, pointless type of questions.
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-20-12 at 06:42 AM.
    02-20-12 06:36 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD