Everyone who wanted a reason to hate Apple made this an Apple problem. Apple has responded like any reputable company would. Now lets see how long before they find a way to make this negative.
    --------------------------------------------------

Apple on Monday said that it has asked the Fair Labor Association to conduct "special voluntary audits" of several of its Chinese suppliers' manufacturing facilities. Most notable among the companies is Foxconn, the partner which recently came under scrutiny for alleged mistreatment of workers at Chinese factories.

In a statement, Apple said that in addition to interviewing thousands of workers about living and working conditions at some of the factories, the FLA "will inspect manufacturing areas, dormitories and other facilities, and will conduct an extensive review of documents related to procedures at all stages of employment."

Apple: Foxconn, Other Suppliers' Factories To Be Audited By Fair Labor Association
    Last edited by pri79269; 02-13-12 at 04:57 PM.
    02-13-12 04:18 PM
    Good start. I think we'll find that Cook is a very different person from Jobs. It takes some time to put your stamp on a company, especially when you are replacing the founder and a legendary figure, but I think people will be pleasantly surprised by what Cook will bring.
    02-13-12 04:29 PM
    Good start. I think we'll find that Cook is a very different person from Jobs. It takes some time to put your stamp on a company, especially when you are replacing the founder and a legendary figure, but I think people will be pleasantly surprised by what Cook will bring.
    I totally agree with you. He's definitely on the right track in my book.
    02-13-12 04:39 PM
    Crafty move. It somewhat deflects criticism with regards to a serious issue, and seemingly gives Apple a way to look forthcoming without really disturbing its supply chain in the short run.

Competitors may be forced to do the same.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    02-13-12 04:48 PM
    A company claims to investigate something they know about in full detail as a response to claims of wrong doing.

Is that not the most ancient and worn out excuse for not taking proper actions that has ever been spewed out of a corporate public relations department ever?

Translated it means "We are going to wait to see how things stand after we give this time to blow over".

Last edited by olblueyez; 02-13-12 at 07:29 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-13-12 07:26 PM
    A company claims to investigate something they know about in full detail as a response to claims of wrong doing.

Is that not the most ancient and worn out excuse for not taking proper actions that has ever been spewed out of a corporate public relations department ever?

Translated it means "We are going to wait to see how things stand after we give this time to blow over".

Click to view quoted image
    Send RIM a little email and ask them for the results of their supply chain audit, and 3rd party audits, then post the results back here. Also, ask them when they plan to stop murdering people in the Congo.

Then ask youself when you'll stop supporting that company or stop being a hypocrite, it couldn't be any more transparent.
    02-14-12 07:48 AM
    Send RIM a little email and ask them for the results of their supply chain audit, and 3rd party audits, then post the results back here. Also, ask them when they plan to stop murdering people in the Congo.

Then ask youself when you'll stop supporting that company or stop being a hypocrite, it couldn't be any more transparent.
    Why they'll just lie like apple will.
    02-14-12 07:53 AM

I write Congressmen, I write the White House, I sign Petitions, I support media outlets that report the truth, and I spread the word about Ron Paul.

What have you done lately?

Who is the Hypocrite?

Just so we are crystal clear on this, "Tired and Worn Out" means Atypical and Overused. You know, like THEY ALL DO IT!

02-14-12 07:54 AM
    I write Congressmen, I write the White House, I sign Petitions, I support media outlets that report the truth, and I spread the word about Ron Paul.

Who is the Hypocrite?

Just so we are crystal clear on this, "Tired and Worn Out" means Atypical and Overused. You know, like THEY ALL DO IT!

So, while on your quest to save the underprivileged what did RIM respond to you with? Or did you let them slide again?

FYI, I too write my congressmen, I also sign petitions. But I also buy from a company that's ACTUALLY doing something, both at home, in china and in the Congo. Apparently you aren't. By letting RIM off the hook you're playing into your own tired argument, "they all do it so why should I use a different product". You're as guilty as the rest of us yet fail to see it.

Edit: just to clarify. I don't write my congressman demanding that they put an end to Chinese labor practices. I write them demanding that all companies doing business in the United States be held to the same level of responsibility that you insist of Apple. That they be required to audit their supply chain, offer transparency and publish their policy on the use of conflict minerals. Until they do that i'll vote with my wallet.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 02-14-12 at 08:13 AM.
    joe_fresh likes this.
    02-14-12 08:00 AM
    A company claims to investigate [/u].

Click to view quoted image
    Just so we're clear. "The company" aka "Apple" isn't investigating anything. A third party or "Fair Labor Association" is.
    02-14-12 08:36 AM
    Does it matter who is doing it? Aslong as something is being done about the "human" conditions. At least something is being done.
    02-14-12 08:46 AM
    Just so we're clear. "The company" aka "Apple" isn't investigating anything. A third party or "Fair Labor Association" is.
    Like the SEC?
    02-14-12 06:24 PM
    Ignore the tool. He's a hypocrite with an agenda. In another thread he refers to iOS users as simpletons. He has no credibility.

joe_fresh likes this.
    02-14-12 06:51 PM
    Ignore the tool. He's a hypocrite with an agenda. In another thread he refers to iOS users as simpletons. He has no credibility.

Oh he doesn't bother me. He'll geaux away soon enough. ;-)
    02-14-12 07:51 PM
    Yeah he will. His ilk aren't making any headway anyway.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/8VUQ_xhUGM0/

joe_fresh, pilsbury and pri79269 like this.
    02-14-12 08:56 PM

Who is the Hypocrite?

So let me get this straight, if apple is investigating labor laws, shouldn't levi, wrangler, nike, adidas, playtex and any other manufacturer? most of the items we use in this country are imported..... you want to rant over a cell phone... go sit at a port and see what we import..... 1/4 of America is unemployed.. yet you rant over who does what... take your so called positive energy of writing congress and whoever to bring jobs back to this county (or your own). In this day of google and wikipedia anyone can be a forum's smart guy.... Instead of sitting on a forum fighting each other try and do some other good... god knows the RIM fan boys hate us iOS users.
    pilsbury and lssanjose like this.
    02-14-12 09:34 PM
    So let me get this straight, if apple is investigating labor laws, shouldn't levi, wrangler, nike, adidas, playtex and any other manufacturer? most of the items we use in this country are imported..... you want to rant over a cell phone... go sit at a port and see what we import..... 1/4 of America is unemployed.. yet you rant over who does what... take your so called positive energy of writing congress and whoever to bring jobs back to this county (or your own). In this day of google and wikipedia anyone can be a forum's smart guy.... Instead of sitting on a forum fighting each other try and do some other good... god knows the RIM fan boys hate us iOS users.
    No, No, LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT, some how you have convinced yourself I singled out Apple. Quote the words where I have singled out Apple.

I know I hate the Apple Heads, and this is exactly why. What a perfect example.

www.RIF.org
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-15-12 at 07:11 AM.
    02-15-12 06:12 AM
    02-15-12 12:13 PM

I know I hate the Apple Heads, and this is exactly why. What a perfect example.

Reading Is Fundamental
    Sounds like a great reason not to post in the Apple sub forum.
    avt123 likes this.
    02-15-12 02:17 PM
    Sounds like a great reason not to post in the Apple sub forum.
    Not being able to read is a better reason not to post in the Apple sub-forum.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-15-12 at 03:51 PM.
    02-15-12 03:42 PM
    Not being able to read is a better reason not to post in the Apple sub-forum.
    Like I said anyone can be a google smart guy and maybe take your rif comment to the rules section.
    I never said you singled out apple but your coming to an apple thread throwing out comments to irk apple users and not really stating any interesting information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-15-12 04:33 PM
    Oh he doesn't bother me. He'll geaux away soon enough. ;-)
    Not soon enough

pri79269 likes this.
    02-15-12 04:48 PM
    what is this i keep hearing about rim murdering people....lol, can someone elaborate on this. im genuinely curious.
    02-15-12 05:00 PM
    what is this i keep hearing about rim murdering people....lol, can someone elaborate on this. im genuinely curious.
    It's the lead they intentionally put in their batteries and the constant need to pull them out to reboot the device. Wooo so don't miss my rim device

02-15-12 06:40 PM
    So let me get this straight, if apple is investigating labor laws
    The same laws they exploit every day to make Billions that are not even necessary for the success of the company? Those laws?

shouldn't levi, wrangler, nike, adidas, playtex and any other manufacturer?
    They do, so they can exploit the laws in favor of money over corporate responsibility.

most of the items we use in this country are imported.....
    I think everyone is aware of that Sherlock. What I can't figure out is why you feel the need to say it.

you want to rant over a cell phone...
    I never did that. I pointed out how atypical Apple's statement was. I think if you go back and re-read you will see that.

go sit at a port and see what we import.....
    Don't need to, "Made in China" is on just about everything, in every store. You never noticed that?

1/4 of America is unemployed.. yet you rant over who does what...
    Yep, you got it!

take your so called positive energy of writing congress and whoever to bring jobs back to this county (or your own).
    (or your own) <~~ Care to explain that remark?

Never said I had positive energy about anything, but I do have a disdain for corporate America. As any intelligent person should have just now. Yes I am politically active, and You? Do you care or not? Or is it just another ranking match in a forum for you?

In this day of google and wikipedia anyone can be a forum's smart guy....
    I believe Foreign Trade Policy is the answer bringing jobs back to America. Having large Corporations initiate investigations is pointless and would be "Google Smart".

Instead of sitting on a forum fighting each other try and do some other good...
    Suggestions? Or just more random moaning?

god knows the RIM fan boys hate us iOS users.
    Yeah well, considering all the nonsense thrown in my direction by the "iOS Users" defending your phones when I criticized Apple's statement, what do expect? Its "Crackberry", you do know that right?

It's the lead they intentionally put in their batteries and the constant need to pull them out to reboot the device. Wooo so don't miss my rim device
    Hey, that's pretty smart, so RIM intentionally puts lead in the batteries and that makes us take the batteries out all the time, is that right?
    02-15-12 08:00 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD