Ok, this is pretty off topic, but with the stressfull week and the "fanboy" invasion I figured everyone could use a good laugh.

So I present you with documented physical medical proof that the "fanboy" syndrom exists with apple:

Apple causes ‘religious’ reaction in brains of fans, say neuroscientists

Should we start referring to the as "iWorshipers"?
    Last edited by UnifiedTechs; 05-19-11 at 11:50 AM.
    05-19-11 11:47 AM
    I notice that the article does not use the word "fanboy," yet you seem to equivocate "fanboyism" and religion, as if there was no difference between the two. That doesn't seem like an appropriate comparison, as "fanboyism" seems a bit more superficial to me than religion (and I am far from a religious person).
    05-19-11 12:05 PM
    I thought this was the playbook forum?
    05-19-11 12:10 PM
    I notice that the article does not use the word "fanboy," yet you seem to equivocate "fanboyism" and religion, as if there was no difference between the two. That doesn't seem like an appropriate comparison, as "fanboyism" seems a bit more superficial to me than religion (and I am far from a religious person).
    Your the guy at parties who ruins jokes by over analyzing them aren't you?
    05-19-11 12:13 PM
    I thought this was the playbook forum?
    So did I....getting bad...

Tim
    05-19-11 12:13 PM
    Your the guy at parties who ruins jokes by over analyzing them aren't you?
    Perhaps, but nothing derails a discussion quicker than politics and/or religion.
    05-19-11 12:23 PM
    There is already a post started in the rumours forum on this.
    05-19-11 12:36 PM
    WOW, I just figured everyone could use a laugh. Guess some of those other posters are right you guys are just looking to bash anyone who walks in here.

Mods, could you please lock this thread so everyone can go back on there way.
    05-19-11 12:37 PM
    WOW, I just figured everyone could use a laugh. Guess some of those other posters are right you guys are just looking to bash anyone who walks in here.

Mods, could you please lock this thread so everyone can go back on there way.
    This article should link back the one posted on BB News and Rumours forum. You'll like the discussion going on there.

Economist101 - while the article doesn't mention the word "fanboy" I think that that is the intent between the lines. It mentions Apple Devotees which to most people = fanboys.
    05-19-11 12:50 PM
    I'd say more of a cult. I kid ......................... I kid or is that ikid?
    05-19-11 12:53 PM
    I'd say more of a cult. I kid ......................... I kid or is that ikid?
    lol... Shhh cults evolve into religions.
    05-19-11 07:59 PM
    While you guys are laughing at the Apple fans, I think the BB fans here are much more "religious". The Playbook fans are much more defensive about any negative comments.

This is a "I returned my iPad and got a ..." thread on a Mac forum. Take a look at the responses there, and compare them to the responses in this forum on the "I returned my Playbook" threads.
    Returned the ipad 2 and got a... - MacRumors Forums

Go on, and make fun of this post too all you want, it just further proves my point of how unfriendly this community is. I am officially retired from this thread, as my PB was back to Staples today. This will be my last post in this forum.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit me on the way out.

Everyone has different experiences with fans of different brands. As for the "I am returning my playbook" forums: there were so many of them. A lot of them seemed to be made by people who didn't even own a Playbook. People got mad about people constantly going in there wasting peoples time to post about a product they should have done some research on. If I went and bought a car without looking into it and without taking it for a test drive then went and found a forum to ***** about how bad that car is and how I'm returning it how do you think it would go over? I'm not sure if it's facebook or twitter making people think everyone cares about everything they do, but there is no reason to make a forum thread to make people mad on a BlackBerry forum. Just take it back, no one is really that interested that you are returning it. Well that's my little rant. Also, personal opinion. Maybe you guys like to read about that stuff.

Back on topic. I found that story quite funny, and scary. From my experiences with apple users if found many of them are like the ones in the story. Yeah you can argue it both ways because I'm sure every brand has their extreme fanatics, but I think Apple ones are more prevalent. I could be wrong but that's from my personal exeriences. Its also very strange they did a study like that. I would have never thought about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 07:44 AM
    Apple probably has the most dedicated fans because they most likely have the happiest customer base.

I agree with ikeny, the crackberry forums are very hostile towards non-blackberry phone users. If you go on TiPB, you'll see that the forums are much more open and welcoming... no one tries to shove anything down anyone else's throat like they do here. There are actual discussions about things people would like to see change in the next iOS, not "well if you don't like it then you can leave, we don't need you" like you get here. When someone makes the inevitable "Why should I get an iPhone" forum, instead of people telling them how much android or blackberrys suck, they tell them the plusses and minuses of each platform, and suggest the user pick based on which would suite them best. Here, you get the "why should I have a blackberry" forum and it's an Apple/Android bashfest. I used to have a blackberry (JUST got an iPhone) and i stopped really coming to the forums because of how hostile people here are. It's sad
    05-20-11 01:14 PM
    I agree with chirmer. I used to be the biggest Apple hater in the whole world. I used Blackberry, Android, Windows, everything...And sure some where nice but they had too many flaws in certain areas.

Apple products for me just work. And that is all you really need to capture the mainstream consumer base.
    05-20-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD