According to this article from J.D. Power and Associates, Apple ranks highest in smartphone satisfaction for the seventh consecutive year. Apple receives a score of 839 out of 1,000, while RIM is third from the bottom (and tied with LG) with 733 points, just above Nokia and Palm, respectively.
    03-21-12 06:54 PM
    Not exactly surprising when you consider Apple is the number one smartphone in terms of a single company product.. So unless they are treating the customers terribly it would make sense.....
    03-21-12 07:22 PM
    7th year? How is that possible? The iPhone released in 2007 right?

I think that's a bit of an error.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 03-21-12 at 08:59 PM.
    03-21-12 08:52 PM
    ^ Agreed. But that's what they state in their article. I don't know. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    03-21-12 09:06 PM
    Maybe its in Dog Years
    03-21-12 09:15 PM
    I think they're combining a number of surveys into 1 article. A battery satisfaction survey for smartphone owners, an overall satisfaction survey for all manufacturers and an overall smartphone satisfaction survey. It's hard to tell from reading that article.

moiselles likes this.
    03-21-12 09:21 PM
    That would probably be due to the fact that only iphone owners find it a necessity to do surveys!!!!
    03-21-12 10:53 PM
    iPhone owners didn't do the survey, JD Powers & Assoc. did.
    moiselles and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    03-22-12 04:29 AM
    I liked Apple better when their market share and stock value kept their egos in check and their bandwagon fanboys at bay. Anyone want a couple of MacAirs and a couple of iMacs on the cheap?

Joking aside the reality is Apple makes a single phone so they can build it very well (not counting the 3gs because it was their previous primary phone). Its also the integrated software designed with the hardware that gives them the advantage over Android for reliability and good user experience. Much like their computers. I have my original Mac Colour Classic in the basement and it still fires up (circa 1991 I think).
    03-22-12 06:00 AM
    Iphone's are nice, but did I miss something, I didn't know the iphone had been available for 7 years, and if I'm not mistaken the first year it was released (2007), Blackberry was on top of the smartphone market. I do believed this article is "flawed"
    03-22-12 06:25 AM

Maybe its in Dog Years
    They are using the RIM calendar, where over 10 months = "about 60 days"
    03-22-12 07:09 AM
    I liked Apple better when their market share and stock value kept their egos in check and their bandwagon fanboys at bay. Anyone want a couple of MacAirs and a couple of iMacs on the cheap?

Joking aside the reality is Apple makes a single phone so they can build it very well (not counting the 3gs because it was their previous primary phone). Its also the integrated software designed with the hardware that gives them the advantage over Android for reliability and good user experience. Much like their computers. I have my original Mac Colour Classic in the basement and it still fires up (circa 1991 I think).
    Until very recently I had a working XT that fired up also. I threw it out recently.
    03-22-12 08:21 AM
    Until very recently I had a working XT that fired up also. I threw it out recently.
    LOL I had a 286 machine I threw out not long ago still working.

Not surprising news.
    03-22-12 08:38 AM
    Iphone's are nice, but did I miss something, I didn't know the iphone had been available for 7 years, and if I'm not mistaken the first year it was released (2007), Blackberry was on top of the smartphone market. I do believed this article is "flawed"
    They are using the RIM calendar, where over 10 months = "about 60 days"
    Xandermac posted that it's a combination of several of their surveys, rolled into 1 survey to make it the overall smartphone satisfaction survey. It is confusing. But I don't doubt that Apple ranked #1.

Here is what xandermac said:

I think they're combining a number of surveys into 1 article. A battery satisfaction survey for smartphone owners, an overall satisfaction survey for all manufacturers and an overall smartphone satisfaction survey. It's hard to tell from reading that article.

03-22-12 11:13 AM

No error. Apple isn't all about iPhone. Lets remember they have been making iPods and computers way before the iPhone came along. The article is about customer satisfaction and from first hand experience, any time I have had a problem with an Apple product it's always been a pleasure to deal with them.
    03-22-12 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD