There are reasons why Tim Cook keeps talking about the iPhone customer satisfaction score in his keynote. As this is a benchmark often used to predict future sales. A "very satisfied" customer will not only love using the product but more importantly, act as a promoter and inflences others to buy. Research shows only 'very satsfied" customers will act like this and those are scores in the 9-10/10 ranges.

With an iPhone in the at 73% and blackberry in the 32% (Kevin argues BBRY should be in the 50s%) but even that result is disappointing as you are asking your hardcore users and only 50% are very satisfied.
    CrackBerry Report Card - BlackBerry Z10 vs. Q10 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results! | CrackBerry.com

All the issues pointed out by the iPhone haters -->> you are the minority. All keyboard problem and reception dramas and this and that **YOU ARE THE MINORITY**. People out there are not experiencing that. Haters gona hate. Cus Sat score does not reflect what the iphone haters are saying. The numbers dont lie, iPhone users love their phone and they are more likely to promote to others, their friends, their colleagues etc etc.

BBRY needs to turn this Cus Sat around. By having innovative and reliable products that people like. Remember this arent as simple as just 'Marketing'. Having a score of 32% or 50% just aren't going to do it
    Being the minority is not a bad thing the real issue is that BlackBerry needs to make its product for its niche (minority) flawless and better and higher quality. Majority of the world is subpar. Intelligent good looking people are the minority. Majority of the world is ADD and has inherent need to be touching buttons watching videos updating Facebook with random meaningless thoughts. Playing games and taking pictures to show off to the world of friends online who they have no real contact or relationship with.

Z10
    07-24-13 03:10 AM
    Good for them. I still refuse to use that thing with pesky home button.
    undone and damien kupuku like this.
    07-24-13 05:43 AM
    Without new products & innovation, Apple is going to have a tough go of it. It's volumes are down sequentially from Q2/13:

http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...41.23%20pm.png
    Yep, Q3 is always the slow one, beat Q3 2012 tho and thats the benchmark. People are waiting for the Fall you see. Well, other people besides the 31 odd million that bought an iPhone last quarter anyway. Not quite sure that 31.2 million is a "tough go of it" but hey, we all have our perspective I suppose. 1 million BB10's is a "tough go of it" from mine.
    07-24-13 06:43 AM
    I want a flagship BlackBerry with the flagship price tag and flagship spell check and a coherency algorithm
    There you go You're welcome.
    mikeo007, grover5 and Blacklatino like this.
    07-24-13 07:01 AM
    It's not a bad thing. Professional devices used for business by the above average individual sector which is a minority,is the only sector they need to cater to. I just thought I'd chime in that Apple is chosen by our younger generation of lazy wear headphones all day and facebook all day ADD people . The people who have to have a million apps and games and are glued to their phone like a pacifier. BlackBerry should be like high end audio equipment. McIntosh or bowers and Wilkins. Chat he more but sell extreme quality business oriented products for a narrower market - government and business and professionals and the people who see phones as tools, not an escape from reality. People who expect sleek and sophisticated products that don't make childish noises or comes in every rainbow color.

Z10
    Is this your business plan to completely flatten sales? The only thing this will do is maybe make you and 5 others feel better with a status symbol. As for the colors, both Blackberry and Iphone come in Black and white, with the z also coming in a special limited edition red.
    Everything you have said there is exactly the opposite of what blackberry needs to do to survive.
    07-24-13 07:06 AM
    Was there a break down of upgrades and converts? ATT said it sold more Android devices then anything else.
    Great over all number for phone sales, but the market it going to punish them (possibly) for not keeping the margin up. The days of being the Wall Street darling seem to be over.
    07-24-13 08:18 AM
    Not too bad. The only issue apple faces at this point is what's the next big hit. The mobile Phone market is at its peek, in the major markets, the attraction of having the same functionality on three or four device are start to take its total. I think the mobile industry now is at a stand still, Yes upgrades in phone specs and software are nice but they have to do more than change form factors and software to keep people wanting more.
    07-24-13 08:24 AM
    They could sell 50 million and I still wouldn't buy one
    damien kupuku likes this.
    07-24-13 08:52 AM
    Apple sucks. And they are a tax evading criminal organization.
    This implies they are breaking current tax laws ... which they aren't.
    07-24-13 09:20 AM
    Was there a break down of upgrades and converts? ATT said it sold more Android devices then anything else.
    Great over all number for phone sales, but the market it going to punish them (possibly) for not keeping the margin up. The days of being the Wall Street darling seem to be over.
    Actually iPhone outsold android on AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-24-13 09:36 AM
    Actually iPhone outsold android on AT&T.

Corrected. The article I read yesterday was updated later to reflect that. AT&T: $32 Billion in Revenue, 6.8 Million Smartphones Including Record Number of Androids - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD
    07-24-13 10:54 AM
    No worries,

07-24-13 10:56 AM
    @Tchocky only bestbuy in the states is selling the Z10 with contract at $1.... people are not jumping on bb10 because of poor marketing and misleading media bashing.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    No one in the US is jumping on the Blackberry bandwagon 'cause when it came to release time the US was treated like a third world country.

The cries around here at that time was "they are releasing to important markets first" or "US is not the center of the world" or "there is a world outside of the US".

Now. Months later, the US cries of not being the center have disappeared.

Where is this "world" outside of the US? Please inform Blackberry 'cause they need to find it and stop blaming the US for Blackberries woes.

Treating the US as second tier nation was a bad move and it looks like the US has the last laugh.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 07-24-13 at 12:42 PM.
    lnichols likes this.
    07-24-13 11:05 AM
    New product cycle is coming around, like they usually do. They're also rolling out iOS7.... these guys sold 31.5m devices vs 2.7m BB10 devices shipped... that's pretty damning.
    How many of the NEWEST iphones were sold, though? Did apple break that out? That would be comparable to BB10's sales numbers.
    07-24-13 11:18 AM
    How many of the NEWEST iphones were sold, though? Did apple break that out? That would be comparable to BB10's sales numbers.
    You're a poorly informed blackberry user/supporter. Blackberry never provided BB10 sales, just devices shipped and DECLINED to provide any insight into sell through.

Pray tell how anyone can compare actual sales of one device to guestimate of another?
    mikeo007 and m1a1mg like this.
    07-24-13 11:46 AM
    @Tchocky only bestbuy in the states is selling the Z10 with contract at $1.... people are not jumping on bb10 because of poor marketing and misleading media bashing.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Amazon is doing it too. Too bad a signal to post picture.

ssssshhhhhh.....Reeneebob and I have a sooper dooper seekret....we're the same person so we use the same iPhone 5 with Tapatalk.....ssssshhhhh.....
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-24-13 12:00 PM
    Dang Americans stickin' it to BlackBerry again.

At least we have the Q10 and Q5 numbers to save us.
    Im mid way through season 2 of Suits, and reading your sig with the 'Darby' after Pearson is an incredible spoiler... jeeeeeeez
    07-24-13 12:16 PM
    50% iphone 5, 30% 4s, 20% others
    07-24-13 12:20 PM
    Im mid way through season 2 of Suits, and reading your sig with the 'Darby' after Pearson is an incredible spoiler... jeeeeeeez
    Sorry.....
    07-24-13 12:31 PM
    One key piece of information missing from their numbers, and methinks they won't divulge it... segmentation. I am very curious to know the breakdown of iPhone models sold, especially when 2/3 offerings are heavily discounted by carriers. That would be the true story of their sales, be it phone, pad, or computer.

Posted via CB10 on my white GSM Z10 on AT&T -- suck it VzW!
    They related that approximately 50% were the 5 and the 4 and 4s respectively.
    07-24-13 12:31 PM
    Dang Americans stickin' it to BlackBerry again.

At least we have the Q10 and Q5 numbers to save us.
    Did Bloomberg let you say that New Yorkers can't do anything without his permisson like buy a Big Gulp.
    07-24-13 12:39 PM
    Is this your business plan to completely flatten sales? The only thing this will do is maybe make you and 5 others feel better with a status symbol. As for the colors, both Blackberry and Iphone come in Black and white, with the z also coming in a special limited edition red.
    Everything you have said there is exactly the opposite of what blackberry needs to do to survive.
    They would be doing better if the product made was higher quality with flawless software. Status symbol. ? Vertu is a status symbol phone. I want BlackBerry to make the mass produced High end quality phone that is capable by today's technological standards. And charge what it's worth. And I will happily pay like most other die hard BlackBerry fans.

Z10
    07-24-13 01:22 PM
    There you go You're welcome.
    Bravo

Z10
    07-24-13 01:26 PM
    It's not a bad thing. Professional devices used for business by the above average individual sector which is a minority,is the only sector they need to cater to. I just thought I'd chime in that Apple is chosen by our younger generation of lazy wear headphones all day and facebook all day ADD people . The people who have to have a million apps and games and are glued to their phone like a pacifier. BlackBerry should be like high end audio equipment. McIntosh or bowers and Wilkins. Chat he more but sell extreme quality business oriented products for a narrower market - government and business and professionals and the people who see phones as tools, not an escape from reality. People who expect sleek and sophisticated products that don't make childish noises or comes in every rainbow color.

Z10
    Before you speak on professionals maybe you should meet some.
    It's the "professionals" who are pushing IT to adopt "alternative devices" in the workspace.
    The fact that you don't know this shows you have no exposure to the upper echelon.
    07-24-13 01:32 PM
    You're a poorly informed blackberry user/supporter. Blackberry never provided BB10 sales, just devices shipped and DECLINED to provide any insight into sell through.

Pray tell how anyone can compare actual sales of one device to guestimate of another?
    Yes, but in the q&a section of the earnings call bb execs gave information that allowed analysts to back into the number.

Apple did not break out Iphone 5s sales, probably because the number is smaller than expected.
    07-24-13 01:46 PM
201 ... 45678 ...