They have not evaded taxes they used the law at their advantage like any other corporations on Earth
    Yea and Wallstreet took down the market. And billionaires pay next to no taxes. Just because it legal doesn't mean it shouldn't be illegal....

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-23-13 11:19 PM
    z10 retail for $439 iphone 5 for $649
    why do you compare the Z10 with the 4s that is a 2011 model? compare it with the iphone 5
    In Canada, the iPhone 5 and the BlackBerry Q10 are both $700. BlackBerry Z10 and iPhone 4S are $650 ($600 unlocked on Apple.ca)

So to my original point, BlackBerry 10 is NOT sold at a fraction of the cost of iPhone.
    07-23-13 11:23 PM
    It's not a bad thing. Professional devices used for business by the above average individual sector which is a minority,is the only sector they need to cater to. I just thought I'd chime in that Apple is chosen by our younger generation of lazy wear headphones all day and facebook all day ADD people . The people who have to have a million apps and games and are glued to their phone like a pacifier. BlackBerry should be like high end audio equipment. McIntosh or bowers and Wilkins. Chat he more but sell extreme quality business oriented products for a narrower market - government and business and professionals and the people who see phones as tools, not an escape from reality. People who expect sleek and sophisticated products that don't make childish noises or comes in every rainbow color.

Z10
    Apple quarterly numbers out-download-1-.jpg
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-23-13 11:25 PM
    Typo should read charge more. BlackBerry should make high end more costly devices with better battery life and flawless execution and style. I just got email from Verizon that the new razor max will go 48 hours without a charge. That is really disappointing for BlackBerry since I use my z10 with latest leak and I barely go one day with minimum use and every feature off except radio and wifi. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account or use apps like those. I have to have screen practically did and every other setting tweaked including location off.

New DROID max has kevlar body gorilla glass and nano water repellant materials and 48 hour battery life.

NOT that I want a android. Though I'm less disgusted with Android than apple, I just don't understand why BlackBerry can't make me a 1000 dollar phone that lasts forever and is comprised of state of art materials. All this talk about 2 processors and efficiency of bb10 and I have to delete all unnecessary apps and run my phone as a bare bone system to last the day. That's upsetting.

Z10
    07-23-13 11:26 PM
    They have not evaded taxes they used the law at their advantage like any other corporations on Earth
    Sounds like you need to read up on laws.

Z10
    07-23-13 11:28 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (1).jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	185501
    I don't approve of cats. Like the boxing pic on your profile pic though. Boxing is good.

Z10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-23-13 11:32 PM
    Apple sucks. And they are a tax evading criminal organization. Hope their business crumbles. Apple products disgust me and so do most of their owners. I'll take a new or old blackberry any day.

Z10
    Well make sure you don't buy GE products either then, because they pay zero % corporate tax

Posted via CB10 on my white GSM Z10 on AT&T -- suck it VzW!
    07-23-13 11:32 PM
    BlackBerry should make high end more costly devices with better battery life and flawless execution and style. I just got email from Verizon that the new razor max will go 48 hours without a charge.

New DROID max has kevlar body gorilla glass and nano water repellant materials and 48 hour battery life.

NOT that I want a android. Though I'm less disgusted with Android than apple, I just don't understand why BlackBerry can't make me a 1000 dollar phone that lasts forever and is comprised of state of art materials.
    I see where you're coming from, but maybe BlackBerry thinks the risk factor would be far too high. The Droid Maxx caught my attention as well for its outstanding battery life. Motorola certainly has had a lot of opportunity to perfect that.
    07-23-13 11:34 PM
    One key piece of information missing from their numbers, and methinks they won't divulge it... segmentation. I am very curious to know the breakdown of iPhone models sold, especially when 2/3 offerings are heavily discounted by carriers. That would be the true story of their sales, be it phone, pad, or computer.

07-23-13 11:34 PM
    Well make sure you don't buy GE products either then, because they pay zero % corporate tax

Don't own any.

Z10
    07-23-13 11:50 PM
    I see where you're coming from, but maybe BlackBerry thinks the risk factor would be far too high. The Droid Maxx caught my attention as well for its outstanding battery life. Motorola certainly has had a lot of opportunity to perfect that.
    BlackBerry has been in the game for a long time. Cell phones is what they do. I'm not asking too much. My fiance has the current razor max hd which I bought her. Battery life is amazing. I will upgrade her to the new one. I'm going to get a q10 and sel my z10 I think.

Z10
    07-23-13 11:55 PM
    With companies being formed outside the US with no employees, it pretty much becomes certain that the intention was to evade taxes. This if proved will be considered illegal and Apple may have to shell out the taxes they evaded.
    All companies evade taxes, but Apple being as high profit making as it is surely makes a lot of effort to evade taxes when compared to the others.

07-23-13 11:56 PM
    With companies being formed outside the US with no employees, it pretty much becomes certain that the intention was to evade taxes. This if proved will be considered illegal and Apple may have to shell out the taxes they evaded.
    All companies evade taxes, but Apple being as high profit making as it is surely makes a lot of effort to evade taxes when compared to the others.
    You know Apple is not under investigation, yes? I'm just wondering who you think is trying to "prove" anything. Tim Cook appeared on the floor of congress and explicitly told the world how Apple minimizes their tax liability. There's nothing illegal about it.
    07-24-13 12:08 AM
    It's not a bad thing. Professional devices used for business by the above average individual sector which is a minority,is the only sector they need to cater to. I just thought I'd chime in that Apple is chosen by our younger generation of lazy wear headphones all day and facebook all day ADD people . The people who have to have a million apps and games and are glued to their phone like a pacifier. BlackBerry should be like high end audio equipment. McIntosh or bowers and Wilkins. Chat he more but sell extreme quality business oriented products for a narrower market - government and business and professionals and the people who see phones as tools, not an escape from reality. People who expect sleek and sophisticated products that don't make childish noises or comes in every rainbow color.

Z10
    I like the part where you forget that the biggest part of BB's userbase is developing nations, where BB is prized mostly for its cheap BIS only data plans. And where you pretend only BB users can be serious business people. Not to mention where you ignore the many BB users dying for entertianment apps. And, I mustn't leave out, the part where you seem to think that BB can keep ignoring the market's needs and be successful.

The part where you stereotype and put down iPhone customers was possibly the best though.
    07-24-13 12:09 AM
    So what's the news here?

Apple sells products well and that is why they are the number 2 company in the world!!!! Let that sink in for a bit.

I personally had an iPhone and didn't think it was all that great. In terms of a communication device is sucked. It had terrible reception, keyboard always made mistakes and it lef me frustrated by the end. Overall I have found myself incredibly happy with my Z10, and the overall experience hasn't even been close.

Since this is in a BlackBerry form how does it relate?

Well I guess Apple sells more then BlackBerry so it must mean the iPhone is better right! Some would say so but I know otherwise from my own personal experience.

I also find people who own Apple products to be snobs and think they are better then others.

The truth is the gap is so small most people wouldn't know the difference whether it's Android, Apple or BlackBerry but most people want to be competitive so they jump on the bandwagon... we all know these types. When friends ask me what phone should I get I usually ask one question.. what is important? If it's apps and to be like others it's iPhone, if it's communication BlackBerry, and if it's apps and they hate iPhone it's Android hahaha

Posted via CB10
    rav813 and ppeters914 like this.
    07-24-13 12:12 AM
    You know Apple is not under investigation, yes? I'm just wondering who you think is trying to "prove" anything. Tim Cook appeared on the floor of congress and explicitly told the world how Apple minimizes their tax liability. There's nothing illegal about it.
    They are under investigation in Australia and a few other countries. Such open claims might pressurize the USA to also investigate.
    Registering dummy companies abroad to move profits from the country with the sole intention of saving taxes might be termed illegal but can never be proved. It is a grey area and Countries try to do their best to avoid such situations through the taxation treaties.
    there are many loop holes in the international scenario which companies continue to take advantage of.

Posted via CB10
    Harley Kid likes this.
    07-24-13 12:20 AM
    The truth is the gap is so small most people wouldn't know the difference whether it's Android, Apple or BlackBerry but most people want to be competitive so they jump on the bandwagon... we all know these types. When friends ask me what phone should I get I usually ask one question.. what is important? If it's apps and to be like others it's iPhone, if it's communication BlackBerry, and if it's apps and they hate iPhone it's Android hahaha. Posted via CB10
    This always confuses me. Why people say BB is better for "communication." On both Android and iOS, you can calll, text, IM, Social network (actually advantage to android iOS here), specific communications app - (general category - for ex. dating apps), heck, I can even make free calls to Canada via Google Voice. (and have a second number)

Where's the advantage?
    07-24-13 12:30 AM
    I like the part where you forget that the biggest part of BB's userbase is developing nations, where BB is prized mostly for its cheap BIS only data plans. And where you pretend only BB users can be serious business people. Not to mention where you ignore the many BB users dying for entertianment apps. And, I mustn't leave out, the part where you seem to think that BB can keep ignoring the market's needs and be successful.

The part where you stereotype and put down iPhone customers was possibly the best though.

People who are dying for entertainment apps need to get a life and or a shrink. They need to keep up with the standards of big business. Government. Corporations. Sure companiessell have entry level phones. Porsche even sells a boxter. But it isn't a 911 which is a tried and proven performance vehicle. The 911 is a work of art. I want a flagship BlackBerry with the flagship price tag which sets me apart from developing nations. I want something that performs and works flawlessly. I'm disgusted by those that have a need to play games and watch movies on their phone. I loathe Facebook. Ya the iPhone remarks are fairly negative. Many family members of mine have them I really like the z10 but I wish the specs allowed for longer life. I'm not sold on a huge aristo phone. Q10 is the closest thing we have to flagship right now. BlackBerry needs to raise the bar. It's really disappointing on how many issues were on the z10,freezing, rebooting, updates not available. Bad battery life. Verizon can't update it. As a long time BlackBerry user I battle on with BlackBerry but many new users will not. BlackBerry need to develop German standards. Built tough high quality. Not the flashiest but reliable and high workmanship. Some technologies are good, others are idiotic; Like being able to wave your hand over phone to look at pictures. Or stopping video playback because you take eyes off phone. Ridiculous

Z10
    07-24-13 12:49 AM
    People who are dying for entertainment apps need to get a life and or a shrink. They need to keep up with the standards of big business. Government. Corporations. Sure companiessell have entry level phones. Porsche even sells a boxter. But it isn't a 911 which is a tried and proven performance vehicle. The 911 is a work of art. I want a flagship BlackBerry with the flagship price tag which sets me apart from developing nations. I want something that performs and works flawlessly. I'm disgusted by those that have a need to play games and watch movies on their phone. I loathe Facebook. Ya the iPhone remarks are fairly negative. Many family members of mine have them I really like the z10 but I wish the specs allowed for longer life. I'm not sold on a huge aristo phone. Q10 is the closest thing we have to flagship right now. BlackBerry needs to raise the bar. It's really disappointing on how many issues were on the z10,freezing, rebooting, updates not available. Bad battery life. Verizon can't update it. As a long time BlackBerry user I battle on with BlackBerry but many new users will not. BlackBerry need to develop German standards. Built tough high quality. Not the flashiest but reliable and high workmanship. Some technologies are good, others are idiotic; Like being able to wave your hand over phone to look at pictures. Or stopping video playback because you take eyes off phone. Ridiculous

Z10
    Dude, you're all over the place.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 and Rello like this.
    07-24-13 01:09 AM
    Dude, you're all over the place.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    Yes

Z10
    07-24-13 01:18 AM

Z10
    The problem is they have been poorly executing for quite some time. The we are delaying BB10 to make sure it is perfect statement was BS, they delayed it to make it functional enough to throw over the wall, and are trying to fix it now without much support from the carriers.

Porsche has been executing at a high level for a long time but still to release cars below the 911 level, and the Cayman out handles it and is considered by many to be a better value to performance level. Point is BlackBerry must cover wide range of markets with their products, and must prove they are worth a premium price before trying to go after the high end.

Posted via CB10
    Harley Kid and the_sleuth like this.
    07-24-13 01:30 AM
    The problem is they have been poorly executing for quite some time. The we are delaying BB10 to make sure it is perfect statement was BS, they delayed it to make it functional enough to throw over the wall, and are trying to fix it now without much support from the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    How much should they expect? If a vendor shipped something with a serious software issue to me, and I have to field all the customer calls for it, I'd sure as heck test anything else they issued to the max.
    07-24-13 01:34 AM
    This always confuses me. Why people say BB is better for "communication." On both Android and iOS, you can calll, text, IM, Social network (actually advantage to android iOS here), specific communications app - (general category - for ex. dating apps), heck, I can even make free calls to Canada via Google Voice. (and have a second number)

Where's the advantage?
    Very simple really.
    1. The reception on my iPhone was not good. I did not have a problem with any other phone I have ever owned in this regard.

2.The keyboard made things incredibly frustrating with auto correct. BlackBerry is simply a better device to use in this regard. The Z10 touch keyboard is light years ahead of the iPhone

3. Email. Not a big difference but when replying see #2.

4. IM. I have always found BBM to be the best in this field plain and simple. You can call Canada too when BBM drops

Now if you are talking about added apps like you have mentioned regarding dating sites or social sites like Facebook, Twitter or Instagrm I would recommend another phone. If they use them very little then I would still recommend BB10 for them

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 01:47 AM
    There are reasons why Tim Cook keeps talking about the iPhone customer satisfaction score in his keynote. As this is a benchmark often used to predict future sales. A "very satisfied" customer will not only love using the product but more importantly, act as a promoter and inflences others to buy. Research shows only 'very satsfied" customers will act like this and those are scores in the 9-10/10 ranges.

With an iPhone in the at 73% and blackberry in the 32% (Kevin argues BBRY should be in the 50s%) but even that result is disappointing as you are asking your hardcore users and only 50% are very satisfied.
    CrackBerry Report Card - BlackBerry Z10 vs. Q10 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results! | CrackBerry.com

All the issues pointed out by the iPhone haters -->> you are the minority. All keyboard problem and reception dramas and this and that **YOU ARE THE MINORITY**. People out there are not experiencing that. Haters gona hate. Cus Sat score does not reflect what the iphone haters are saying. The numbers dont lie, iPhone users love their phone and they are more likely to promote to others, their friends, their colleagues etc etc.

BBRY needs to turn this Cus Sat around. By having innovative and reliable products that people like. Remember this arent as simple as just 'Marketing'. Having a score of 32% or 50% just aren't going to do it
    07-24-13 02:53 AM
    The new android razr max has a 5 inch amoled screen and 3500 mah battery giving the 48 hour battery life. Why can't BlackBerry do that. You think the aristo same size screen. Can do that- I doubt it. Be lucky to list 20 hours and with actual use be lucky to attain 8 . That's disappointing. And the razor max dimensions are better than aristo. It's smaller than its predecessor razor max hd. It's light. And it's tough. BlackBerry needs to raise the bar on battery and quality and materials. The os is good. Add some new features.

As far as being an iPhone hater I don't care if it could read my mind, do my taxes or siri come out and do real womanly duties, I would never ever get any apple product. I'll complain about BlackBerry hardware and amazingly intuitive and simple os.

Z10
    07-24-13 03:06 AM
201 ... 34567 ...