You obviously don't come from an Irish family like I do... Oh, it's possible. I have enough cousins to populate a small city.
    You nailed it. I'm not Irish.
    07-23-13 07:02 PM
    I don't think it's fair to judge the average person who owns an Apple product my friend. We all live in glass houses.
    Life isn't fair.

Z10
    07-23-13 07:17 PM
    That's amazing that 2.7 million adults had 31.2 million kids.
    Exactly!

Z10
    07-23-13 07:18 PM
    31.2 million iPhones.
    Wasn't everyone saying the smartphone market was over saturated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    What would your opinion be of this article that Apple is fleecing its customers?

http://m.techspot.com/news/53011-parents-to-receive-itunes-credit-cash-payments-to-settle-apple-in-app-purchase-lawsuit.html
    07-23-13 07:36 PM
    What would your opinion be of this article that Apple is fleecing its customers?

http://m.techspot.com/news/53011-par...e-lawsuit.html
    How does that affect me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-23-13 07:39 PM
    You nailed it. I'm not Irish.
    There's no reason to feel bad about it. Many people aren't Irish and strangely they still seem to manage... =)
    07-23-13 07:59 PM
    Apple sucks. And they are a tax evading criminal organization. Hope their business crumbles. Apple products disgust me and so do most of their owners. I'll take a new or old blackberry any day.

Z10
    That's not nice.
    07-23-13 08:13 PM
    Smartphone squeeze cools Apple

Although Apple’s iPhone sales in the quarter came in well above analysts’ expectations, the company’s overall gross margins were 36.9 per cent, a sharp decline from 42.8 per cent in the same quarter a year ago.

The Blackberry's gross margins are similar.
    07-23-13 08:17 PM
    Smartphone squeeze cools Apple

Although Apple’s iPhone sales in the quarter came in well above analysts’ expectations, the company’s overall gross margins were 36.9 per cent, a sharp decline from 42.8 per cent in the same quarter a year ago.

The Blackberry's gross margins are similar.
    In other words the market is saturated... Now it's about upgrading / switching just like TVs or any other tech product that has achieved mass penetration.
    undone likes this.
    07-23-13 08:24 PM
    Exactly!

Z10
    It was always Blackberry's fault for not appealing to the wider audience.
    07-23-13 08:44 PM

Parents to receive iTunes credit, cash payments to settle Apple in-app purchase lawsuit - TechSpot
    Someone sued apple and they settled. How is that fleecing? Anyone can launch a lawsuit whenever they want, doesn't mean that the other party is guilty of wrong doing, not does it ring true just because a company settles. It can just as easily happen on any platform. Maybe if the parents stopped using their tablets as babysitters it wouldn't happen.
    07-23-13 08:58 PM
    I don't think it's fair to judge the average person who owns an Apple product my friend. We all live in glass houses.
    Do the glass houses shatter as much as the screens on your iphones? Maybe that's why the numbers jumped everyone was able to save up their pennies to finally replace their cracked phone lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:07 PM
    Good quarter for the iPhone, even if It's 4 or 4s, people chose those over current BB and WP with much better specs!

The high end is locked up. BlackBerry has to improve BB10 so it can run with less hardware and sell millions of units in indonesia, india, venezuela, etc. ..Or slide into irrelevance.
    07-23-13 09:43 PM
    Toys not tools. The market demands 42" smartphones!!!!!!

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-23-13 09:52 PM
    The high end is locked up. BlackBerry has to improve BB10 so it can run with less hardware and sell millions of units in indonesia, india, venezuela, etc. ..Or slide into irrelevance.
    All non-Android manufacturers realize that. Or at least they should.
    07-23-13 09:58 PM
    Do the glass houses shatter as much as the screens on your iphones? Maybe that's why the numbers jumped everyone was able to save up their pennies to finally replace their cracked phone lol.

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 you mean?
    07-23-13 09:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nice joke axeman. But at least they could use their busted screens while they saved up their pennies. Lol. Any phone can shatter.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    07-23-13 10:05 PM
    Since I'm in the industry and work for one of the big 3 providers in Canada, it makes perfect sense that profit margins would be down. Out of all the iPhone sales, a vast majority of them are iPhone 4. The only reason people want the iPhone 4 is because it's free on a contract.

Now I admit for some people the iPhone is the perfect device, but what really irks me is when I ask a customer why they want an iPhone and their response is because my friends have one. They have no other reason to get an iPhone besides that fact, that they want to blend in with the "in" crowd. The iPhone is the phone all the teens want and it's the phone many first time smartphone owners will get. iPhone also has the older audience locked down because it's seen as an easy to use device. I have to admit even though I push BlackBerry as much as I can, there are times when it's just easier to sell an iPhone. I think the devices are garbage and the amount of problems I see with iPhones only solidifies my opinion of them.

It seems to me that for the most part Apple has the younger teens and the older generation on their side and the 20-45 year olds are jumping ship to Android, WP or BB10.

As much as I utterly despise iPhone's, I have to hand it to Apple and their marketing department. They have created a product that works just well enough that people will continue to buy it and will buy it just because their friends have it.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to see BlackBerry sell a fraction of the 31.2 million phones that Apple did this past quarter, but I'd also hope that those customers would have a better reason for buying the phones than "my friends have it".
    brout and undone like this.
    07-23-13 10:14 PM
    It is the same issue with the PlayBook they are focused only on games, or at least that is all they announce.
    Don't agree. I have plenty of apps (not games) on both. Apps that help me do social media. Apps that tell me the weather. Apps that find me restaurants and movies. Apps that stream radio. Apps that stream movies and television. Apps that give me the news. Apps that give me recipes. Apps that give me deals. Apps that rent me movies and shows. Apps that show me stocks. Apps that help me blog. Apps that stream content from my computer. Apps that help me edit photos. Apps that show me directions. Get me cheap gas. Help me bank. Video chat. Find local businesses. Identify songs. See presentations while I'm remote. Track my trip itineraries. Tell me when the street car or bus is coming. Find me a restaurant at a good table. Track my data use each month. Bid on auctions. Connect to my cloud storage. Act as a flashlight. Take panoramic photos. Feed me podcasts. Get audio books from my public library ...

Or am I imagining this?

Not disputing there's an app gap of key titles or more to do. Just have a big issue with this pervasive, "there's no apps on BlackBerry mentality". I have plenty. I use plenty. And yes, I use them on my iPhone and iPad too. I think it's insulting to the developers who've made productivity apps to say there aren't any or aren't any good ones.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-23-13 10:20 PM
    Sold at a fraction of Apple? What are you talking about? The Z10 retails in the same range as a 4S ($600).
    z10 retail for $439 iphone 5 for $649
    why do you compare the Z10 with the 4s that is a 2011 model? compare it with the iphone 5
    07-23-13 10:54 PM
    Apple may of increased phone sales but marketshare is down. That means everyone else but BB is increasing a lot more. Their revenue was amount flat but profits were down 20%. That isn't impressive.
    maybe the $146 B in cash is..lol
    07-23-13 11:07 PM
    Since I'm in the industry and work for one of the big 3 providers in Canada, it makes perfect sense that profit margins would be down. Out of all the iPhone sales, a vast majority of them are iPhone 4. The only reason people want the iPhone 4 is because it's free on a contract.

Now I admit for some people the iPhone is the perfect device, but what really irks me is when I ask a customer why they want an iPhone and their response is because my friends have one. They have no other reason to get an iPhone besides that fact, that they want to blend in with the "in" crowd. The iPhone is the phone all the teens want and it's the phone many first time smartphone owners will get. iPhone also has the older audience locked down because it's seen as an easy to use device. I have to admit even though I push BlackBerry as much as I can, there are times when it's just easier to sell an iPhone. I think the devices are garbage and the amount of problems I see with iPhones only solidifies my opinion of them.

It seems to me that for the most part Apple has the younger teens and the older generation on their side and the 20-45 year olds are jumping ship to Android, WP or BB10.

As much as I utterly despise iPhone's, I have to hand it to Apple and their marketing department. They have created a product that works just well enough that people will continue to buy it and will buy it just because their friends have it.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to see BlackBerry sell a fraction of the 31.2 million phones that Apple did this past quarter, but I'd also hope that those customers would have a better reason for buying the phones than "my friends have it".
    iMessage is a selling point. The fact that iOS devices work together is a selling point. No other smartphone manufacturer can touch Apple's customer sat ratings. And NO ONE is jumping ship to BB10.

You don't sound like you work anywhere. You sound like an agitated fanboy who is crying because Apple turned in another quarter of "apple-like" numbers.

You noted that "the only reason people want the iPhone 4 is because it's free on contract." Guess what guy, so is the Z10. That phone is four months old. The i4S came out,...when? I don't even know but it was a while back.

Not sure if you're trolling, but I just wanted you to know it sounds like you are.
    kenshaw likes this.
    07-23-13 11:11 PM
    @Tchocky only bestbuy in the states is selling the Z10 with contract at $1.... people are not jumping on bb10 because of poor marketing and misleading media bashing.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-23-13 11:14 PM
    It was always Blackberry's fault for not appealing to the wider audience.
    It's not a bad thing. Professional devices used for business by the above average individual sector which is a minority,is the only sector they need to cater to. I just thought I'd chime in that Apple is chosen by our younger generation of lazy wear headphones all day and facebook all day ADD people . The people who have to have a million apps and games and are glued to their phone like a pacifier. BlackBerry should be like high end audio equipment. McIntosh or bowers and Wilkins. Chat he more but sell extreme quality business oriented products for a narrower market - government and business and professionals and the people who see phones as tools, not an escape from reality. People who expect sleek and sophisticated products that don't make childish noises or comes in every rainbow color.

Z10
    07-23-13 11:16 PM
    Apple sucks. And they are a tax evading criminal organization. Hope their business crumbles. Apple products disgust me and so do most of their owners. I'll take a new or old blackberry any day.

Z10
    They have not evaded taxes they used the law at their advantage like any other corporations on Earth
    ppeters914 likes this.
    07-23-13 11:17 PM
201 ... 23456 ...