I know it's atrocious on the Incredible and EVO, 3-4 hours bad. I haven't used the others enough to give an educated guess, but I'm sure others will chime in. One plus for Android smart phones is that you can install extended batteries unlike the iPhone, I personally like the clean lines and less clutter the iPhone brings without battery covers etc.. but it is still a fact.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-03-10 at 03:31 PM.
    12-03-10 03:28 PM
    Apple passes RIM.. R I M.... did it say Google.. did it say Android.. of course when the Android fanboys come in with force I have to comment and express my opinion.
    Like the prior post you edited this in as well. Who is being an Android fanboy? I never disagreed with the numbers, i disagreed with your argument. We are fanboys because we disagree with you and we happen to use Android? That is funny.

The only fanboish response I see here is you saying Steve Jobs does not control what you do. Your iPhone is not jailbroken you say. At this point in time then, Steve Jobs IS controlling what you can and can't put on your device. Are you going to argue that? Nielson has nothing to do with this one.
    12-03-10 03:28 PM
    How's battery life on the Droids anyways? My buddies Captivate sucks the battery pretty hard. Also, yes the iPhone CPU is 1ghz and underlocked to 800mhz not 600. That's prob since my iPhone battery is great and still a blazing fast device
    I can get 25+ hours on my Droid X using it with medium to heavy use. Heavy use I get up to 20 hours. For a 4.3 inch screen, REAL multitasking, multiple widgets on 7 homescreens and a lot other things going on, that is damn good.

Moto devices have the best battery life for Android. HTC device suck with battery life and Samsung is just a little better.
    12-03-10 03:30 PM
    The only fanboish response I see here is you saying Steve Jobs does not control what you do. Your iPhone is not jailbroken you say. At this point in time then, Steve Jobs IS controlling what you can and can't put on your device. Are you going to argue that? Nielson has nothing to do with this one.
    So Jobs made me buy an iPhone? Do you think I just walked into an Apple or AT&T store uninformed.
    I picked it for many reasons, none of which had anything to do with Steve Jobs.
    12-03-10 03:35 PM
    I had the epic for a little while and i have to say the battery life is quite good. The first few days were awful but after a week it was pretty happy.
    12-03-10 03:37 PM
    Name me one Android phone that has outsold the iPhone, any iPhone model. Has the Droid X or 2 outsold the iPhone 4? Don't know, just asking . Has the EVO outsold the iPhone 4?
    Samsung's Android-powered Galaxy S dethrones iPhone in Japan - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech

It will happen here in the U.S. just wait...
    12-03-10 03:39 PM
    During the last week in October, the Samsung Galaxy S phone running Android 2.2 was the top selling smartphone in Japan, beating out both the 32 GB iPhone and the 16GB iPhone (but not both combined). The week marked the debut of the Galaxy S phone so there might have been some pent-up demand.
    A week? Where are the overall iPhone 4 numbers and Galaxy S numbers? Totals.
    12-03-10 03:41 PM
    A week? Where are the overall iPhone 4 numbers and Galaxy S numbers? Totals.
    They're crunching the numbers now. You're losing this battle, I think ol' Steve has mind control over you. We can argue for an eternity, but Android is taking over, period. Apple is sweating and so are you...
    12-03-10 03:54 PM
    PERSPECTIVE ALERT!

Over 90% of people currently breathing would find this debate incredibly stupid, as in "You're arguing about phones?"

Just for the sake of argument, let's say Android becomes the dominant platform by a large, clear, undeniable margin.
    Is Google going to mail you a cheque?
    Will you get a free T-shirt, signed by Eric Schmidt?
    Maybe some Android Army patches that your mom can iron on for you?
    Will your phone suddenly become better?

Let's say Apple wins, what then?
    Will Steve send me a flag I can fly from my house?
    Will he invite us all out to dinner?
    Will he excuse himself to got to the mens room, then sneak out to avoid paying?

It just doesn't matter.
    These are corporations that just want our money.
    They are not worthy of emotional attachment or loyalty.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 12-03-10 at 05:39 PM.
    12-03-10 05:32 PM
    I'd click the thanks button, but there isn't one. But, thanks!
    12-03-10 05:44 PM
    x2

And lets agree on this point, at least they BOTH beat RIM!
    12-03-10 06:18 PM
    PERSPECTIVE ALERT!

Over 90% of people currently breathing would find this debate incredibly stupid, as in "You're arguing about phones?"

Just for the sake of argument, let's say Android becomes the dominant platform by a large, clear, undeniable margin.
    Is Google going to mail you a cheque?
    Will you get a free T-shirt, signed by Eric Schmidt?
    Maybe some Android Army patches that your mom can iron on for you?
    Will your phone suddenly become better?

Let's say Apple wins, what then?
    Will Steve send me a flag I can fly from my house?
    Will he invite us all out to dinner?
    Will he excuse himself to got to the mens room, then sneak out to avoid paying?

It just doesn't matter.
    These are corporations that just want our money.
    They are not worthy of emotional attachment or loyalty.
    LSG, I can argue or debate with whomever I feel, whenever I feel. This is an open forum with 2.6 Million members, you know this.
    12-03-10 06:28 PM
    LSG, I can argue or debate with whomever I feel, whenever I feel. This is an open forum with 2.6 Million members, you know this.
    Yes, I do.
    I also believe that this is a silly, pointless, argument that goes on forever, as no one wins.
    And if at some point one side 'wins'...the users will have won nothing.

Ida know. I guess it's something to do if you're bored.
    Or if you truly enjoy debating, for it's own sake.

Otherwise, I see it as being a vocal pawn.

It just makes no sense to me.

W/e
    Carry on being yourselves, I guess.
    12-03-10 06:41 PM
    Thank you...
    12-03-10 06:47 PM
    P.S.

Android blows.
    SevereDeceit likes this.
    12-03-10 06:52 PM
    P.S.

Android blows.
    I know, I hate it, my RAZR blows it away...
    12-03-10 06:57 PM
    Would a Jitterbug help forum be a contradiction?
    12-03-10 07:01 PM
    Would a Jitterbug help forum be a contradiction?
    I'm waiting for the release of the new Jitterbug, this one has a built in antenna and even bigger buttons. The call/end call keys are awesome. I can't wait...
    12-03-10 07:10 PM
    I'm waiting for the release of the new Jitterbug, this one has a built in antenna and even bigger buttons. The call/end call keys are awesome. I can't wait...
    If Apple made the Jitterbug, Steve Jobs would announce speaker phone as a new tent pole feature of the iBug5.
    12-03-10 07:23 PM
    Bahahahah. Alright, I'm done arguing on this thread, I've said what I needed to say. Thanks LSG for the laugh, take care.
    12-03-10 07:30 PM
    x2

And lets agree on this point, at least they BOTH beat RIM!
    Some links to let you know RIM is going to be just fine.
    Comforting to know that all Google Apps (that with 18 months will surpass Apple) can be so easily ported to QNX.

And since when is market share an indication of a superior product? Apple iMac and Mac Pro users like myself understand this very well.

Please sell your Apple equipment, black turtleneck and life size poster of Steve Jobs. You embarrass us Apple users.

Thank You.

CBC News - Technology & Science - BlackBerry tops Apple in mobile web use

RIM shares jump on positive view of new OS | Reuters

BlackBerry OS 6 Gets ‘FIPS 149-2’ Approval from US Government | WirelessGround.com Blog

RIM acquires The Astonishing Tribe (TAT), the SWAT team of UI design | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    12-03-10 10:42 PM
    Mobile web usage, stop the presses! That means nothing.

And every other link is some dribble or what may or may not come to be. Talk is cheap.

Android and Apple HAVE delivered, not talked about this and that for years of no show and a stale OS on rehashed hardware. Now THAT'S fact.

Face it if you actually were an iphone section regular youd know Im far from a fanboy and bash on all OS's equally where fault is shown. Ask avt for example, another regular, we were just discussing Android vs iOS in another thread and how decent Android really was. I have no problem conceding where OSs fall short. The question is can the true fanboys here follow suit?

Im sorry the true facts bother you so much the Jobs insult has to be tossed out there. I didn't compile them.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-03-10 at 11:17 PM.
    12-03-10 11:08 PM
    They're crunching the numbers now.
    lmao..... Let me know the results when you're done.

Just bait'n you and having fun, don't take it so serious; you are in an iPhone forum. I may have to visit and Galaxy S forum... I mean the Android forum just to say hi.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-04-10 at 09:59 AM.
    12-04-10 09:53 AM
    So Jobs made me buy an iPhone? Do you think I just walked into an Apple or AT&T store uninformed.
    I picked it for many reasons, none of which had anything to do with Steve Jobs.
    I never said jobs made you buy the phone and I never said you didn't have your reasons for buying the phone. I was talking about what is already on the phone and what it is allowed to do. I never mentioned anything about your personal preferences and decision.
    12-04-10 12:16 PM
    Right, the biggest thing Android has going for it is multiple devices across multiple carriers, everyone can get a slice of the pie. Even if Verizon gets the Iphone I do not believe it will hurt Android at all. The reason I say this is more and more Iphone users are making the switch to Android because you are not locked down by Apple. You can download what you want and do as you wish without the need to jailbreak. Not even a jailbroken Iphone can do what Android does right out of the box. This is very appealing to many Iphone users...
    The only thing Android has going for it is saturating the market with too many devices to count. And they still haven't caught up to RIM, who has only a handful of devices, or the iPhone which really only has the same phone with upgraded software/hardware. Android isn't doing nearly as well as originally projected, so neither Apple or RIM have anything to really worry about.
    12-17-10 01:25 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD