They are killing Apple, face it and get on with your life. I do what I want on my Android while Steve Jobs tells you what you can and can't have on yours. That my friend is a fact...
    How do you figure they are killing Apple, they are over 5 percentage points behind in marketshare with 10x the amount of devices. Have you ever heard of Jailbreaking? How does Steve tell me what I can have? You are grasping at straws, it's silly.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-03-10 at 09:56 AM.
    12-03-10 09:53 AM
    Apple will continue to see its image of posh and very hip but will never surpass more accessible peers like PCs or mobile devices. I guess i'll make the car comparison and say that although BMWs can be seen virtually everywhere in the world, many people do not have access to them for many reasons. Apple with its pricing policy and market appeal will never become the most adopted device if they continue with its current business plan (not that there's anything wrong with that.)
    Good analogy, I for the most part agree. Even though Apple obviously cares about sales, they are not all about market-share. They are about user experience, which is the best (BMW), and overall quality product, which is the best(Honda/Acura).

I keep forgetting, if we are comparing operating systems ala Android, why don't we make this interesting and add the iPod Touch as well as the iPad sales numbers. I mean they are running iOS now aren't they, wonder what those numbers would look like . Apples for Apples right, pun intended.

Apple = BMW M3 with the quality of a Honda Accord capable of an easy 200,000 miles. Android = Ferrari pizzaz with the fit and finish of a Ford Pinto and the engine of Dodge SRT. :-)
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-03-10 at 10:09 AM.
    12-03-10 10:04 AM
    How do you figure they are killing Apple, they are over 5 percentage points behind in marketshare with 10x the amount of devices. Have you ever heard of Jailbreaking? How does Steve tell me what I can have? You are grasping at straws, it's silly.
    Of course I've heard of Jailbreaking, and I also know that the majority of people do not do it. Like I said earlier, not even a jailbroken Iphone can do what Android does right out of the box. My issue with Apple has never been the device, it's the fact they force their customers to use their products. If I pay for the phone and pay the bill every month I should be able to download or install what I wish. You have to go through Apple for everything. With Android everything is unlocked, you can download or install what you want. Unless you jailbreak the Iphone, you cannot do this...
    12-03-10 11:03 AM
    Apple = BMW M3 with the quality of a Honda Accord capable of an easy 200,000 miles. Android = Ferrari pizzaz with the fit and finish of a Ford Pinto and the engine of Dodge SRT. :-)
    My Droid 2 is overclocked to 1.3 ghz and would beat you in a speed test any day of the week. While you may have a 1ghz processor in your Iphone 4, it's underclocked to 600mhz to conserve battery life. BMW M3, lmfao. More like a Smart car...
    12-03-10 11:10 AM
    Okay boys...

Do I need to get my ruler out to see who's epeen is bigger?
    lssanjose, avt123 and Cleveland like this.
    12-03-10 11:52 AM
    My Droid 2 is overclocked to 1.3 ghz and would beat you in a speed test any day of the week. While you may have a 1ghz processor in your Iphone 4, it's underclocked to 600mhz to conserve battery life. BMW M3, lmfao. More like a Smart car...
    We can go back and forth but in the end it's all about user preference, Android is decent and will get better but there is no one magical device that beats all. Both iOS and Android are making strides, more than the others, but once iOS is available on as many platforms and or carriers as Android you can't deny the impact it will have, in addition to the existing numbers, on market-share. iOS is already beating Android with only a few devices, I can only imagine them on other carriers and or with the introduction of yet another Apple iOS device.
    12-03-10 12:43 PM
    Okay boys...

Do I need to get my ruler out to see who's epeen is bigger?
    We are just talking, debating..
    12-03-10 12:44 PM
    It's not silly and he a has very good point. Jailbreaking the phone does allow you to install applications from 3rd party suppliers. But android all you have to do is go to the menu > applications > check "Unknown Sources". No root access needed to install applications that were not installed via the market.

Steve Jobs has a tight grip on the iOS to ensure the best experience possible. However what we doesn't know is it turns off so many people it's not even funny. I was getting ready to dump my 9700 for a iPhone3G and when I stopped what i was doing stood back and looked at the Jobs Empire I went with Android. I would rather have to deal with advertisements then deal with a iDictator.
    12-03-10 12:55 PM
    Good analogy, I for the most part agree. Even though Apple obviously cares about sales, they are not all about market-share. They are about user experience, which is the best (BMW), and overall quality product, which is the best(Honda/Acura).

I keep forgetting, if we are comparing operating systems ala Android, why don't we make this interesting and add the iPod Touch as well as the iPad sales numbers. I mean they are running iOS now aren't they, wonder what those numbers would look like . Apples for Apples right, pun intended.

HORRIBLE analogy.

The iPhone4 is a Volkswagen Quantum dressed up like Audi A8. The Android how ever, and it's Open Source dealings. Is a What ever engine you want, with what ever transmission you want, with what ever diff you want. And you can customise it how ever you want. Rather than walking onto the lot and having Jobs tell me that the same car that he sold you is the same exact car that fits my needs. I'm sorry but if I am a Sr. share holder of a company, I want nice comfortable ride for when i take my clients out. And if i am a hog/cattle farmer i want a Chevy K3500 dually with a DuraMax.... I don't think the farmer would do very good with you M3....
    12-03-10 01:00 PM
    And iPhone 4 sales have been very good , that link doesn't show how many iPhone owners have switched. Again such a bad slant (spin)by Android fanboys, HTC makes how many Android devices? How many iOS devices does Apple make. Too funny, and that's not even counting Samsung and Motorola.

Android has taken the RIM approach, produce a lot of different devices and hope to outsell the one or two by Apple. If anything I see Android and RIM as a failure, they should be killing Apple with how many devices they have out.

Wait so 20 phones on 4 carriers, outsold 1 phone on 1 carrier? Shocking.
    The "Android has how many different devices" argument gets old. If you want to say that, then discount RIM with all of their sales as well. They don't only sell one device, they sell many models.

The fact of the matter is at the end of the day, it is the OS which is being counted. It doesn't matter how many devices it is on. The iPhone sells a ton, but iOS is ONLY on the iPhone (smartphone wise). Android sells a ton and just so happens to have more choices to choose from.

The arguments are all flawed either way. We need to wait and see what happens if and when Apple does expand to other carriers to really get an idea.
    Last edited by avt123; 12-03-10 at 02:07 PM.
    12-03-10 02:05 PM
    Have you ever heard of Jailbreaking? How does Steve tell me what I can have? You are grasping at straws, it's silly.
    If you really want to get into this argument, you are going to lose, I am sorry. I love Apple devices, but in a way, Steve IS telling you what you can.

Steve doesn't allow jailbreaking. Steve trys to stop the exploit with every release of iOS. Steve does not want you to jailbreak the device. He cares if you do. If he didn't care and said go for it, then it would be a different story.

The reason you have to jailbreak is because Steve locked down "his" OS so much and takes away from your freedom as a user. It also adds more features.

He is indirectly telling you how to use the device. Almost like he directly told people how to hold the iPhone 4.
    SevereDeceit likes this.
    12-03-10 02:11 PM
    If you really want to get into this argument, you are going to lose, I am sorry. I love Apple devices, but in a way, Steve IS telling you what you can.

Steve doesn't allow jailbreaking. Steve trys to stop the exploit with every release of iOS. Steve does not want you to jailbreak the device. He cares if you do. If he didn't care and said go for it, then it would be a different story.

The reason you have to jailbreak is because Steve locked down "his" OS so much and takes away from your freedom as a user. It also adds more features.

He is indirectly telling you how to use the device. Almost like he directly told people how to hold the iPhone 4.
    Exactly where I was coming from, thank you...
    12-03-10 02:28 PM
    A case in point, my friend just installed an "update" from Apple, killing his jailbreak.
    12-03-10 02:32 PM
    I don't really care about the debate. I have my iPhone 4 Jailbroke and the thing is amazing. Battery life is great, web browsing is great, love the tweaks I have done with Cydia apps. I have never tried an Android platform and I prob will eventually if Jailbreaking ever stops cause I don't think I could ever go back to stock Apple FW.
    12-03-10 02:38 PM
    I have never tried an Android platform and I prob will eventually if Jailbreaking ever stops cause I don't think I could ever go back to stock Apple FW.
    That is my point, you like it jailbroken cause you can do more. Android already does this with out the need to Jailbreak or Root. It's nice not being controlled by Ol' Stevie isn't it? That is how the device should be right out of the box. This is why I said to the OP earlier that Android is attracting more and more Iphone users, they see the freedom they have with Android. My sister and two very close friends of mine were die hard Apple fans. They have now moved to Android and when I asked them what is the biggest thing you like about Android, coming from the Iphone. They all three said the same thing, "Everythings unlocked"
    12-03-10 02:49 PM
    That is my point, you like it jailbroken cause you can do more. Android already does this with out the need to Jailbreak or Root. It's nice not being controlled by Ol' Stevie isn't it? That is how the device should be right out of the box. This is why I said to the OP earlier that Android is attracting more and more Iphone users, they see the freedom they have with Android. My sister and two very close friends of mine were die hard Apple fans. They have now moved to Android and when I asked them what is the biggest thing you like about Android, coming from the Iphone. They all three said the same thing, "Everythings unlocked"
    Agreed. I use to think a jailbroken iPhone was the greatest device in the world until I tried a stock OG Droid. I promptly left AT&T (also due to getting 5 9700 with terrible build quality) and bought the Droid and have been extremely happy since.

My friend I have known since I am 6 has been an Apple fanboy FOREVER. He waited on line for every iPhone. He even has the iPhone 4 and was making excuses for the antenna problem. Once he played with my Droid X he wanted nothing to do with his iPhone anymore.

I'm not saying Android is a better platform by any means, I'm just saying it has a lot of what Apple users who jailbreak want while remaining stock.
    12-03-10 02:55 PM
    I'm not saying Android is a better platform by any means, I'm just saying it has a lot of what Apple users who jailbreak want while remaining stock.
    Agreed. That is the whole reason I even entered this coversation/debate...
    12-03-10 02:59 PM
    BTW I'm not jailbroken and I love my phone, and yes I've tried Android and it just doesn't do any for me. Facts are facts and at this time, iOS IS beating Android; maybe someday Android will be on top but today is not the day.

"The "Android has how many different devices" argument gets old." It may be getting old but it doesn't change the fact that it's true.

People on this site need to change their phone every Thursday, and Android with their 100 devices accommodates this,I get it. That is by no means the general population's way, it's the geek way.

Don't argue with me, argue with Nielson... and yes RIM is sucking it right now and the same multi device argument against one applies to them as well.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-03-10 at 03:15 PM.
    12-03-10 03:10 PM
    "The "Android has how many different devices" argument gets old." It may be getting old but it doesn't change the fact that it's true.
    But the arugment is USELESS. It doesn't change ANYTHING. It just gives people more options. The OS is still selling. And the OS would continue to sell even if all these different models were out. Fact is, every Android device that gets released most likely gets sold out. The majority of Android devices have a high demand for them. Limit their choice (like Apple does with one model per year) and I bet the same outcome will happen. The fact is, people who want Android will buy Android, just like people who want iOS buy the iPhone.

And you completely ignored what I said about RIM. Is it more acceptable that RIM has more options because they manufacture them? If that's the case then everything about this argument is absolute bull**** and filled with Apple fanboism. If not, they why aren't you ******** about RIMs numbers?
    12-03-10 03:15 PM
    Name me one Android phone that has outsold the iPhone, any iPhone model. Has the Droid X or 2 outsold the iPhone 4? Don't know, just asking . Has the EVO outsold the iPhone 4?
    12-03-10 03:17 PM
    And you completely ignored what I said about RIM. Is it more acceptable that RIM has more options because they manufacture them? If that's the case then everything about this argument is absolute bull**** and filled with Apple fanboism. If not, they why aren't you ******** about RIMs numbers?
    No, I said the same multi device argument that I'm making with Android applies to RIM as well. Have you read my first post, in fact I didn't say anything negative about Android. READ THE TITLE, wow.. **** hurt central.

Apple passes RIM.. R I M.... did it say Google.. did it say Android.. of course when the Android fanboys come in with force I have to comment and express my opinion.
    12-03-10 03:21 PM
    Don't argue with me, argue with Nielson... and yes RIM is sucking it right now and the same multi device argument against one applies to them as well.
    See, your argument is completely flawed. The demand for the iPhone is high because it is only ONE DEVICE. The iPhone is the ONLY device that offers iOS. I bet if the iPhone had multiple new models released every year, the sales would be the same. It would just be divided between each model just like RIM and Android have it right now. We will never know though because Apple wont make more than one device to cater to different peoples needs. Apple makes what Steve Jobs wants and that is it.
    12-03-10 03:22 PM
    No, I said the same multi device argument that I'm making with Android applies to RIM as well. Have you read my first post, in fact I didn't say anything negative about Android. READ THE TITLE, wow.. **** hurt central.
    Actually, you edited your post while I was responding to what you originally said. Sorry I reply faster than you edit. No one is hurt here. I have used both platforms for years each. I know what's good.
    12-03-10 03:24 PM
    I bet if the iPhone had multiple new models released every year, the sales would be the same.

Ok, we will see (should the iPhone be available on Verizon) if your theory holds water. We will see if the numbers stay the same.. I didn't edit my first post since I first posted it, if that is what you're referring to.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-03-10 at 03:27 PM.
    12-03-10 03:25 PM
    How's battery life on the Droids anyways? My buddies Captivate sucks the battery pretty hard. Also, yes the iPhone CPU is 1ghz and underlocked to 800mhz not 600. That's prob since my iPhone battery is great and still a blazing fast device
    12-03-10 03:26 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD