Now that Apple, and Netflix have a deal I was reading an article and it posed a good question. Would you guys see it lucrative for Apple to buy out Netflix, they got the money. Also it would be a good way for them to built some fire to there Apple TV, as well as they wouldn't have to start from scratch. Seems like a good fit to me. Thoughts?
    09-02-10 11:47 AM
    Interesting concept from a content delivery angle. But the dvd-by-mail piece I don't see dying out anytime soon, and that part of the Netflix business really doesn't match Apple's business model.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bought a stake and/or Jobs sat on their Board, but outright ownership doesn't seem that it would make sense.
    09-02-10 03:44 PM
    as an ipod owner.
    an an Netflix subscriber

If apple picks up Netflix. I will drop Netflix.

Netflix doesn't maintain the servers that stream the movie to your Screen. The company that made the movie host, maintain and supply the movie.

Netflix just patches the movies to your screen.

with that being said i could see Steve Jobs making that you need to use an Apple Device to stream Netflix, or only use Apple device to get HD quality movies. That i disagree with.

I like having the option of my PS3/ iPod/ Netbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD