http://bb.mobile.cnbc.com/us_news/48804248/1

Apple Moves to Stop U.S. Sales of Samsung Products
    Reuters | August 27, 2012 | 04:23 PM EDT
    Apple will seek a preliminary ban on U.S. sales of eight Samsung mobile products, pending a final injunction in its high-stakes patents case, according to an Apple court filing on Monday.

Apple's [ AAPL675.68 +12.458 (+1.88%) ] request for a preliminary injunction targets Samsung Electronics phones including the Galaxy S 4G and the Droid Charge.

Apple shares today, meanwhile, reached an all-time high of $680.87 after the iPad maker won a sweeping legal victory over Samsung Electronics on Friday. (More: Further Upside for Apple on iPhone Shipments: Pro)

A U.S. jury found the South Korean company had copied critical features of the hugely popular iPhone and iPad, and awarded the U.S. company $1.05 billion in damages. Samsung said it would contest the verdict.

Apple's preliminary ban, released Monday, seeks to cover the following Samsung devices:

1. Galaxy S 4G

2. Galaxy S2 AT

3. Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

4. Galaxy S2 T-Mobile

5. Galaxy S2 Epic 4G

6. Galaxy S Showcase

7. Droid Charge

8. Galaxy Prevail

email:

tech@cnbc.com
    08-27-12 06:53 PM
    Of course they are how else are they going to regain the market share that these products are taking from them though these are dated devices likely not being produced anymore but the remaining ones are being sold off
    08-27-12 06:56 PM
    It would be epic if crapple demanded that the owners of the above phones turns them in or be sued lol.
    08-27-12 06:59 PM
    The Galaxy S II is still a very good device in my opinion and still for sale. I'll be ok when Apple goes away someday. Not that I feel bad for Samsung or Google, but I'm tired of Apple.
    08-27-12 07:00 PM
    A: Apple shares are hitting all time highs daily.
    B: BlackBerry. Because that name should appear at least once in a thread in this sub-forum. (edit: oops, been moved)
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 08-27-12 at 07:17 PM.
    08-27-12 07:12 PM
    The Galaxy S II is still a very good device in my opinion and still for sale. I'll be ok when Apple goes away someday. Not that I feel bad for Samsung or Google, but I'm tired of Apple.
    This made me think how Apple has irked so many people that they now consider the company to not be innovative and copy other products. Yet just a few years ago, it was well known that many Asian companies blatantly copied and infringed on patents--even Samsung is guilty of that, just look at the LED lawsuit by Osram, or multiple lawsuits for their plastic business (known as Cheil).

That's what happens when you become big and powerful, people start hating you...
    08-27-12 07:19 PM
    If people want to pass blame why not blame Samsung, the Lawyers and the Jury? Apple defended their patents as current law requires them to do. Yes, patent law needs to be revamped but allowing blatant copying shouldn't be part of that revamp.

Google "Chromebook" or "Samesung Mac Mini" and look at the images then argue that samsung doesn't deserve a slap.

When Chinese companies stop ripping of American companies I'll change my point of view.
    jclif likes this.
    08-28-12 07:03 AM
    true. I never did nor I am planning to buy apple. patent law is broken and some patents awarded to apple should be challenged and scrapped. it is just stupid to have patent for round corners imo.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-28-12 07:43 AM
    If people want to pass blame why not blame Samsung, the Lawyers and the Jury? Apple defended their patents as current law requires them to do. Yes, patent law needs to be revamped but allowing blatant copying shouldn't be part of that revamp.

Google "Chromebook" or "Samesung Mac Mini" and look at the images then argue that samsung doesn't deserve a slap.

When Chinese companies stop ripping of American companies I'll change my point of view.
    true. I am surprised that samsung agreed for the trial to be held in California. jury was biased imo.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    08-28-12 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD