As the title says, this article blasts Apple for too many devices in too short of a time.
    the iPhone has become a device defined in ability and limitation by its apps. Anything an iPhone 6 will do so can too a dinosaur 3GS.
    The Apple Money Pit | Front Side Bus - Gadget, Technology, and Science News
    06-04-11 10:01 PM
    Is anyone forcing you to buy an Apple product? Maybe you felt that you just had to share this info with all your friends? I just "love" BB fanboys.
    06-04-11 11:21 PM
    I have a Droid. If you come here to gloat and grow your ego then I'm sorry for you.
    I posted an article that addressed valid points and is a great discussion piece.
    If that's too much for you to handle then no one's forcing you to post here. Besides you're on a blackberry website for christ sake.
    I've owned a 3g and 3gs and no, no one forced me to buy them just one forces you to reply.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-04-11 11:26 PM
    I use (and love) both BBs and ip4.
    I don't think they launch too many products. If anything..... I always get sick of my iPhone before the next one arrives. I DO agree with FTWrath though when he says that the 3GS can do what the ip6 will do. THAT part blows! Yes their product is good and yes their OS is great but YES I find myself disappointed and wanting more when the new model drops.
    Edit: The ip4 rivals a good BB in real world battery performance. The previous ones required a Batman utility belt full of portable chargers and auxiliary external power packs a-la-Android

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tedzone; 06-05-11 at 06:27 AM.
    06-05-11 06:17 AM
    The iPhone 4 was a minuscule bump over the 3GS? That statement alone leaves me questioning the judgment of the author of the column.

But to his main point, there has been no rumor out there suggesting there will be two refreshes this year. The iPhone 4 was released in June of 2010. If rumors hold true then the iPhone 4S will be out in September and then the iPhone 5 next year, assumedly either in the normal June slot or also in September.
    06-05-11 07:29 AM
    I don't really think that Apple releases too many devices at all. Android has them beat by far IMO. Only difference is that iOS is for Apple devices only and Android works with many different manufacturers.
    06-05-11 08:45 AM
    Having read the article, to me it seems nothing more than a rant written by someone who
    a. Doesn't like the iPhone.
    b. Likes to 'play' with the facts. (or is just ignorant of them).

Whatever.

Although, his comment about the "brand new iPhone 4" was amusing.
    06-05-11 12:07 PM
    The iPhone 4 was a minuscule bump over the 3GS?
    That's where I stopped reading.
    06-05-11 12:31 PM
    First, let me say that this is indeed a BB website. However, if you look close, you will see that it is also an APPLE iPhone/iPad forum. Rarely have i seen anything positive here from non Apple users. BB and Droid people use this forum to generally knock Apple products. I still have and use my BB9000, as well as my iPhone4, and do routinely check this forum for helpful information. That being said, i will always go back at people whom i think are slyly trying to knock Apple products, in order to get a rise out of somebody. Well, i am that somebody, and as long as i abide by the rules of this forum, i will say what i want, to whomever i want, and whenever i want. End of story!
    06-05-11 02:28 PM
    This article is a joke. Apple releases too many products in too short of a time? What?

Maybe the author downloaded the "how to be ignorant" app.
    06-05-11 04:48 PM
    The whole website is a joke. Front Side Bus, who? Sounds like a real credible news source to to me!

How much of an upgrade do people truly need? A dual core processor will match what's on the market. The RAM is plenty for the OS. 8mp camera will equal the better camera phones on the market (in fact the iphone 4 camera is still praised for pic quality even compared to current 8mp shooters). The resolution/pixel density equal the top in the market. A slightly bigger screen will be welcomed, but that's preference (look at Android, they make from 3.2" to 4.5"; preference). As already said, the iphone 4 gets great battery life compared to most phones, and towers over most Android devices.

So what exactly is "needed" to really make people happy that they could squeeze in?

And too many products? Guess they've never looked at Android releasing a new device every day that are indistinguishable from the rest. Apple releases ONE phone per YEAR.

Continuity is also a benefit of iOS devices. You don't have to upgrade to get a similar experience to the newest model. Try that on competing platforms where old devices are totally left behind and unsupported.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-05-11 at 05:01 PM.
    06-05-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD